Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all you stat lovers....... 2013 Boyd vs 2014 Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

For all you stat lovers....... 2013 Boyd vs 2014 Stoudt

Oct 21, 2014, 9:15 PM

Oct 12, 2013 Clemson #3 / BC not ranked and NOT the #9 Def in country AND Game played at home in Clemson. 80 + sunny.
Oct. 18, 2014 Clemaon #24. BC #9 ranked Defense in country. Game played AT Boston College. And rained the entire 4th qtr

Final score 24-14. Clemson trailed 14-10 early in fourth. (Sound familiar?). Clemson won game 24-14. But.....only one of the 4th qtr TDs was scored by the offense. Sooooo, if it weren't for a late Defensive TD, the score would have been 17-14 (sound familiar?)

Clemson's 2013 offense had the 4th pick (and Clemsons all time leading WR), two rid round picks (including Clemsons all time leader in yards per catch), a sixth round pick in QB Tajh Boyd, AND a free agent RB and OLman, and kicker). That's 7 offensive players!!!!!!!!!

Clemson's 2013 offense riddled by injuries. Only 5 offensive linemen available to play. Two freshman RBs, one got hurt in 1st qtr, out for season. TE injured in 3rd (probably out 4-6 wks). Three primary WRs consist of two freshman and a soph.

Team stats:
1st downs: 2013....23. 2014....22
By Rush: 9. 6
By pass: 13 16

Rush yards: 162 120
Ave. 4.4 3.2

Passing: 30-45-334 19-45-285 (Take away one 49 yd completion to Sammy and stats are identical)
Ave per att. 7.4 6.2 (Take away one 49 yd completion to Sammy and stats are identical)
Yds per comp 11.1 9.8. (Take away one 49 yd completion to Sammy and stats are identical)

Interceptions. 1 0
Off. Pts. 17 17

Top Rec's:
Humphries 9 /81 Scott 10/72
Watkins 7/101 Williams 8/128

For all you stat freaks there it is. And as you say stats don't lie!!!!

And BTW, Cole played again with separated shoulder and shots for pain!!!!!!

Just thought this was interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post.

Oct 21, 2014, 9:18 PM

Tajh was aweful!

Jk, couldn't resist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 4 TU's so far for this post. It desrves a lot more than

Oct 21, 2014, 9:30 PM

that.

Re: For all you stat lovers....... 2013 Boyd vs 2014 Stoudt

Oct 21, 2014, 9:31 PM

Why would you take away a 50 yard pass?

Re: For all you stat lovers....... 2013 Boyd vs 2014 Stoudt

Oct 21, 2014, 9:35 PM

Lies, darn lies, statistics something something

Only 4 TU's so far for this post. It desrves a lot more than

Oct 21, 2014, 9:32 PM

that.

I don't understand the point?***

Oct 21, 2014, 9:33 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Tahj was as bad as Cole

Oct 21, 2014, 9:34 PM

That was the point rite?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt is lucky BC can't catch

Oct 21, 2014, 9:36 PM

I counted at least 4 picks that the defenders dropped.

Drops happen in every game. Always will.***

Oct 21, 2014, 9:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drops happen in every game. Always will.***

Oct 21, 2014, 9:48 PM

If you don't understand the point, go to the soccer forum or stay on the USuck forums. The point is......for all you peeps who are ripping Cole, he doesn't have the surrounding talent, the current talent is riddled with injuries, BC is much better than last year and we played AT THEIR HOUSE!!!!!!..... If you don't get it now, I can't help you any more.

Re: 49 yd completion......not taking it away, just pointing out that a short pass to Sammy turned into a 49!yd gain wS the only difference.

Not sure WHY you are responding to me. I DON"T

Oct 21, 2014, 9:59 PM

criticize players or coaches EVER. If I ever get perfect then I might begin but don't hold your breath. I was actually stating to another poster that drops happen in every game when they noted that he could have had 4 interceptions. So maybe you might go back and reread the post to get the point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Drops happen in every game. Always will.*** ]

Defenses respecting Tajh's deep ball is why our screen game worked so well. Seems odd to compare one of The offenses worst performances with Tajh in which the offense shut down to protect the lead in the fourth to Cole's best performance in a must win game. Like another poster pointed out one team had FSU next week the other just needed to squeak by BC to get into the soft spot in the schedule.

Oct 21, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Drops happen in every game. Always will.*** ]

Wait a second when did a 49 yard bomb over the top become a short pass?

We dropped quite a few ourselves***

Oct 22, 2014, 1:42 AM [ in reply to Stoudt is lucky BC can't catch ]

Do you think there

Oct 21, 2014, 9:44 PM

was a chance the 2013 team was a bit preoccupied with their upcoming opponent. This is by no means a knock on Cole. He did a nice job last Saturday. If you are going to compare stats, however, you can't leave out the next opponent. In 2013, the next opponent was an undefeated FSU team ranked #5. In 2014, the next opponent is an unranked 3-4 Syracuse team. My guess is the 2013 team was looking ahead and perhaps did not give BC their full attention. To use these game stats to suggest the present offense is as good as last years offense is delusional, but I love the optimism.

Re: Do you think there

Oct 21, 2014, 9:59 PM

Really?!?!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT suggesting this years OFFENSE is as good as last years. I AM pointing out that it's NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!

I'm pointing out to all the so-called Tiger fans who love to rip on Cole, THAT HE HAD ONE HELL OF A DAY when you consider the lesser talent (that's not a knock on this years team, just a fact). And we are beaten up, young, inexperienced. On top of that, Cole is freakin hurt!

I'm just pointing out that all things considered we should appreciate the effort of Cole AND all the others who pulled out two straight wins, despite injuries, youth, and the #1 & #9 defenses in the country. At seasons end we will appreciate the efforts of our guys who are ALL IN and giving all they got.

90% of Clemaon fans get it. I'm talking to the 10% who don't get it.

you obviously don't understand that DW is better than

Oct 21, 2014, 9:53 PM

both Stoudt and Boyd, so the comparison is moot.

that's about 50/50 on the sarcasm/truth meter.

Re: you obviously don't understand that DW is better than

Oct 21, 2014, 10:05 PM

Not at all. I get that. But your back up QB is getting it done with far less than TAJH had. Not comparing him to either TAJH or DW.......don't you get that?

I'm just saying appreciate what's happening. It'll all be over when DW returns. Just get over your hate and be thankful we have a luxury most teams don't.

I AM NOT TALKING QB CONTOVERSY. I AM TALKING TO ALL THOSE WHO CANT STOP BASHING OUR #2 WHO HAPPENS TO BE "OUR GUY" RIGHT NOW.

GET BEHIND HIM AND QUIT THINKING EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS HIM HATES DW. WE DON'T. WE JUST CHOOSE ETO SUPPORT WHO'S IN THE GAME.

hey, I was giving you their opinion, not mine

Oct 21, 2014, 10:47 PM

I think they're all a load of horse manure anyway

Karma... Love Stoudt..Go Tigers***

Oct 21, 2014, 9:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt was 29-45, not 19-45

Oct 22, 2014, 12:30 AM

Otherwise, not a bad post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe why TB didn't make it in the NFL? TB had a all star

Oct 22, 2014, 5:21 AM

receiver team here. We should have made it to the NC game. Comparison is really not saying much. More love is blind on Tnet

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack

Oct 22, 2014, 8:22 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic