Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all those criticizing Dabo for the "five out of ten"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,633

For all those criticizing Dabo for the "five out of ten"

Oct 23, 2013, 8:35 PM

comment, what in the heck would you have him say? That FSU would eat our lunch every day and twice on Sunday? HELL NO!!! Since when is it a bad trait for a man to have pride...for a team to have pride??? Further evidence that we're a nation of sissies when a man can't show a little dadgum PRIDE!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not attacking him

Oct 23, 2013, 8:41 PM

But this isn't exactly an either or statement. You don't have to say either. Like it or not, it doesn't sound good for the coach of a team who just got thoroughly dominated to belittle the loss by saying they'd win half the games between the two. As I've said all along, it's a stupid statement to make, but hey we all slip up and make stupid statements sometimes.

Not really a big deal, but it's not exactly a smart thing to say out loud after such a thorough loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am all in & think Dabo is great, but I agree with you.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:11 PM

There was no reason to go there. He wasn't responding to a question, so why make the statement?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not attacking him

Oct 23, 2013, 9:27 PM [ in reply to I'm not attacking him ]

sure agree!! just keep your mouth shut!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's the coach and can say what he thinks. There was

Oct 23, 2013, 10:34 PM

nothing wrong with his statement. That is the way he feels. People need to get over it and quit obsessing over everthing that our coaches say.

I dont understand why

Oct 23, 2013, 8:53 PM

everyone especially our fans are reading so much into this. His team has to believe they just had a bad night whether its true or not. A kid that believes in you will trust what you say and run through a brick wall for you. I have no problem with his tactics of picking the team up,somebody has to remind them how good they can be so they can go out play good football and we have not including myself been doing a job of that.

Re: I dont understand why

Oct 23, 2013, 9:48 PM

You are all over this, and while we did get shellacked on Sat., I doubt the results would repeat if we played again. We are better than we showed, and they are not quite as good as we made them look. I don't say we would win all our games, but I would expect to win some of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Jimbo had said it after we did to them what they did to

Oct 23, 2013, 8:56 PM

us in our own house.(and setting a scoring record to boot) we would all be laughing. I think frustration comes from Dabo even saying it. Just don't set yourself up to be the butt of a joke nationally. Say something else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: If Jimbo had said it after we did to them what they did to

Oct 23, 2013, 9:05 PM

I get your drift,but we became a national joke about the end of that 3rd quarter. Dabo taking heat for his comment now his team has to go out and have his back the rest of the way. I believe he conveyed this message to those guys.

I hope it was some kind of grand design. We need it.***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: I hope it was some kind of grand design. We need it.***

Oct 23, 2013, 11:32 PM

dabo does not have a grand design, if he did he would have used it Saturday night and this discussion would not be happening. also it looked like chad and brent did not have one either!

Re: I hope it was some kind of grand design. We need it.***

Oct 23, 2013, 11:36 PM

why would his players listen to his press conference, they did not listen to him at practice or before the game last week!

Do you really think

Oct 23, 2013, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If Jimbo had said it after we did to them what they did to ]

He has to make this statement, which is ludicrous at face value, especially this close to the beat down on Saturday?

It had nothing to do with sending a message to the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Oct 23, 2013, 9:02 PM

smh

Re: For all those criticizing Dabo for the "five out of ten"

Oct 23, 2013, 9:04 PM

I agree plenty of options on what could have been said

I have heard it from coaches across the country.. hey they whipped us. We will get better, practice better, coach better and we will be ready next time.

How many times have you heard coaches say they are embarrassed for the team, for the fans, etc and we will get it right and have a great group of guys to take us forward? Comes across as very Busch League, he has grown into the HC role at Clemson quite well, I happen to think he took a step back with that statement

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell em coot.***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:12 PM

You are talking about someone else making a fool of

Oct 23, 2013, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: For all those criticizing Dabo for the "five out of ten" ]

themselves?

Oct 23, 2013, 9:15 PM

It is what it is Ron!

Embarrassing

Oct 23, 2013, 9:36 PM

He looks like a fool for making the 5 out of 5 statement. Getting rolled by 5 Ted's at home isn't bad enough, now he's talking smack.

Probably not Dabo's finest moment, BUT...

Oct 23, 2013, 9:52 PM

he has to be positive. I really believe that all will be lost if Dabo starts talking about how FSU "thoroughly dominated" us. He knows his players also listen to those press conferences and we will struggle and probably lose for the rest of the season if he starts talking like that. Give him a break, he's no happier than the rest of us.

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't agree with him but I certainly understand why he

Oct 23, 2013, 10:18 PM

would say that. While I would rather have heard Dabo acknowledge that this was an embarrassing and unacceptable performance, demand accountability, and guarantee to get it fixed, I think his comments have been blown way out of proportion. I'm sure he's not happy about the beatdown and is working to get it fixed.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Spin Dabo! Spin! I did not have sex with that woman!

Oct 23, 2013, 10:23 PM

Or own it! SC win is needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should all be more like Syracuse fans!***

Oct 23, 2013, 11:54 PM

Oct 24, 2013, 8:01 AM

We got beat by a superior football team. The fans know it, the coaches know it, the team knows it, along with anyone else who watched the game (the entire nation?). It makes little sense, and helps no one, to make such a statement that is obviously false, and everyone knows it is false.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,633
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic