Topic: For Those in the Know -- Team Leadership 2019
Replies: 7   Last Post: Feb 10, 2019 10:29 PM by: 8992Tiger
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

For Those in the Know -- Team Leadership 2019

[2]
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 5:00 PM

CW42, CF99, and the Power Rangers provided outstanding week-in week-out leadership along with other seniors throughout the spring, summer and 2018/19 season.

As Dabo says, it's a new day and a completely new season. A lot of talent's back, and a lot of leaders have moved up and out. So who will step up with some authenticity and charisma to lead the team in 2019? Of course, it's currently a work in progress, but for those of you who know the team more up close and personal, who will take a leadership role and be accepted as a team leader in 2019?

Isaiah Simmons is a returning starter and 4th yr player. Same with Kvon Wallace and Tanner Muse. AJ Terrell will be a junior who's earned his stripes. On Offense, Simpson, Cervenka and Anchrum return as senior linemen along with natural QB leadership to be expected from TL16. And Rodgers and Higgins are returning 3rd year starters.

So which guys will pick up the leadership mantle with all this young talent in Tiger Town. Whaddaya say? TIA.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: For Those in the Know -- Team Leadership 2019

[2]
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 5:09 PM

Doesn’t always have to be old guys. I remember reading about Mike Jones being an infectious leader. Not sure about Trevor’s personality but he is clearly the face of the team. Amari seems like another driven individual who has a lot of leadership qualities. Definitely not in the know but some additional names I think could fill the void.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 5:12 PM

Good one, forget about Jones. He has the work ethic too to bring them in.

2019 orange level member2016_pickem_champ.jpg

[3]
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 7:27 PM

I remember what a good recruiter that Mike Jones was, once he committed he started working hard on XT and others.

[2]
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 5:10 PM

I’d say you spelled it out pretty good. Offense, no worry. Kinda like the oline for leading the unit.

Defense wise, Simmons and AJ need to step up as well as Skalski and Muse. Actually, I think XT and Kelly will step up along with Pink. Just the way XK went to Dabo and wanted to redshirt seemed like a veteran and natural leader.

Think Darnell steps up too since he does look so old.

[1]
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 5:18 PM

I know I said Xavier but I really was thinking about KJ Henry... although I think Xavier can help bring the cohesion too. Really hoping Cash will step up too.

Don’t discount Dukes on offense either. Eager and that b-ball letter told me a lot. Plus he rocks a bow tie.

[2]
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 7:32 PM

I have no idea who they all will be, but Trevor Lawrence steps it up some now that he has a season under his belt. I could see Amari Rodgers, a couple of other wr's, some DB's, and some OL being great leaders.

2019 white level member

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 10:29 PM

Amari Rodgers really seems to have it together; I expect him to be a leader. KJ Henry also seems to have a real good head on his shoulders.

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: If you are interested in selling your tickets, please email. We will buy and pay everything up front...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1274 people have read this post