Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football, the season and coronavirus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football, the season and coronavirus

Aug 13, 2020, 6:04 AM

Im a huge Clemson fan. Always have been. And im all for a college football season under strict safety guidelines. Of course nothing is 100 percent, but given proper effort, im all in for living life.

That being said, im not a fan of filling stadiums and being negligent. You have to consider the health and safefty of others first. You have to. Im all for people doing what they want but when you attend a game, for example, and bring the virus home and kill some innocent woman or man , thats wrong. No matter how you slice it. Good sense and a solid moral compass should tell you thats wrong.

So i commend the conferences choosing not to play. Its the right call. I dont like it either but its the right one. Rationalizing all the reasons why we should play football all sounds great now, but when a person dies, or 20, because of it, then its not so great an idea.

I know, sure, you can get it by a bus and die going to work and all. I get it. Who doesnt? But we all know that's not the point. We cannot prevent every death but the right thing to do is try. I do. Everyday i take steps to help prevent the spread.

So to the conferences not playing i say ty, it sucks, but you made the right call, for now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football, the season and coronavirus

Aug 13, 2020, 6:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx2Sps9aMcY

Aug 13, 2020, 7:53 AM

I totally agree with your assessment'but lets take it to the next level,the PRO's;
1) Shut down the CBA,formerly know as the NBA.Since China seems to have control in the former NBA's pandering to the Chinese,and that is where the virus originated,send the league there.
I know this isn't about football,but since the NBA is in "COOTS"(good choice of words don't you think)I think they need to shut down as well.

How much for your tickets?

Aug 13, 2020, 7:55 AM

Where do you park?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:00 AM

Have you not listened to Trevor and Darren? Not playing is not going to prevent or reduce the number of young people getting the virus; in fact, more players will get infected being away from their strict guidelines and bubble like conditions with the team. Having fans at the games is a different matter but the players not playing is not the right decision/it will cause more harm.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:01 AM

And I meant Darien not Darren-autochevk issue

Aug 13, 2020, 8:21 AM

I’m a huge Clemson fan blah, blah, blah, blah. Get a life, flakes. Don’t you realize we need population control and this 19 thing was designed to affect mostly the old, sick, and immune deficient. After all, the old are set in their ways and aren’t willing to accept all the change that’s needed, certainly racist, and have most of the wealth accumulated unfairly. Those with immune deficiencies are just collateral damage as they say in the military. The wealth needs to be moved to the younger, more enlightened generations so it can be equitably dispersed. How can we become the utopian society without this happening? COVID-19 is a good start, brother. I mean look at what NY has accomplished just by warehousing the old and infected in nursing homes versus a hospital. Don’t worry about Clemson football, man. It will be just fine. Get off that sofa and go enjoy the world unless you’re old. If you’ re old, then check your pulse for you may already be dead. Go Tigers, right?

Aug 13, 2020, 8:26 AM

Have you always taken the same precautions with the flu and colds? Have you tried to prevent these deaths by wearing a mask your whole life? You could have spread those as well and killed people. My guess is the answer is no (like everyone else on this board). That doesn't make you part of the problem. It doesn't make you stupid. It doesn't make you a Trump lover. it simply makes you human. It makes me think that we are all responsible for ourselves. Societal responsibility should not replace personal responsibility for one's own self. I will not blame anyone other than myself if I catch any illness (except maybe China).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 13, 2020, 8:31 AM

Have we ever stopped the flu? It's a virus thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 8:42 AM

Ah the ole Cornflakes you must live in a bubble post. I’m enjoying life everyday and will continue to do so. I hope you are doing well and doing the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 9:58 AM

So have the BIG 10 and PAC 12 committed to not having in class instruction? If not, I don't understand the logic of shutting down sports. Have they committed to not run any shuttle buses on their campuses? No one is making the kids play or the coaches coach. If litigation is the fear of the University presidents and they choose to have kids on campus and in class, they have a ton more potential plaintiffs on their hands than athlete plaintiffs. I just don't follow the logic.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 10:09 AM

User Logo
Cornflakes
CU Guru [1105]
TigerPulse: 83%
Footb­all, the season and coronavirus [1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 6:04 AM

Im a huge Clemson fan. Always have been. And im all for a college football season under strict safety guidelines. Of course nothing is 100 percent, but given proper effort, im all in for living life.

That being said, im not a fan of filling stadiums and being negligent. You have to consider the health and safefty of others first. You have to. Im all for people doing what they want but when you attend a game, for example, and bring the virus home and kill some innocent woman or man , thats wrong. No matter how you slice it. Good sense and a solid moral compass should tell you thats wrong.

So i commend the conferences choosing not to play. Its the right call. I dont like it either but its the right one. Rationalizing all the reasons why we should play football all sounds great now, but when a person dies, or 20, because of it, then its not so great an idea.

I know, sure, you can get it by a bus and die going to work and all. I get it. Who doesnt? But we all know that's not the point. We cannot prevent every death but the right thing to do is try. I do. Everyday i take steps to help prevent the spread.

So to the conferences not playing i say ty, it sucks, but you made the right call, for now.

what bullsh!t. there have been viruses around as long as the world has been here. this is the first time our country has been shut down. pretty sure we all know what that was about. life is tough. always has been and always will be. what happens next year or year after when covid 20 hits. oh wait, there will not be an election. never mind. pretty obvious what the powers that be came up aint working. the virus is hear and aint going away. we just got to learn how to deal with it. hope you realize that people actually died before march 2020. if you are at risk, stay home. what is hard about this. or better yet make hydroxy legal and thousands of people that get it will get well and go on with their lives. what is really surprising is that the government can turn a large amount of people into sheep. very scary

Aug 13, 2020, 12:36 PM

Well its clear you dont wear a mask and don't care who you hurt. You should be proud. Why dont you stay home and stop endangering others .

Aug 13, 2020, 12:39 PM

Cornflake? You are not Biden's cornpop are you?

Aug 13, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Football, the season and coronavirus ]

Again I ask you...
Have you always taken the same precautions with the flu and colds? Have you tried to prevent these deaths by wearing a mask your whole life? You could have spread those as well and killed people. My guess is the answer is no (like everyone else on this board). That doesn't make you part of the problem. It doesn't make you stupid. It doesn't make you a Trump lover. it simply makes you human. It makes me think that we are all responsible for ourselves. Societal responsibility should not replace personal responsibility for one's own self. I will not blame anyone other than myself if I catch any illness (except maybe China).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 13, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Football, the season and coronavirus ]

you have no idea what i f'ing do. and yes i am very proud of the immune system i built after 65 years. very proud.

do you ever leave home?

Aug 13, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Football, the season and coronavirus ]

If so then you're putting yourself and others "at risk". Wake up.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic