Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Pic: Tommy Bowden signing his book
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,329

Football Update: Pic: Tommy Bowden signing his book

Sep 26, 2012, 12:12 PM

Pic: Tommy Bowden signing his book

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

winning? that character took us for $4 million. I assume he means off the

Sep 26, 2012, 12:13 PM

field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Clemson never had a losing season under Bowden

Sep 26, 2012, 12:17 PM

How much were we winning before he got here? And while Dabo has helped us take a step up, Clemson also had their first losing season in over a decade in his short tenure.

No need to trash Bowden just because he isn't coaching here anymore. He's a good guy, and he elevated Clemson's program greatly from the Tommy West years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, I'm one of those that thinks 6-6 isn't good enough for Clemson.***

Sep 26, 2012, 12:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

so, it wasn't

Sep 26, 2012, 12:24 PM

but neither is 6-7, or 3-8 and losing all your bowls. Bowden helped us take a major step up, and there's no reason to dump on the guy just because we couldn't get the next level under him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason for the dumping is the lack of a championship combined with

Sep 26, 2012, 12:28 PM

the fleecing of our Ath Dept for millions with the Ark feint. That's some character.

That's business. It has nothing to do with character.

Sep 26, 2012, 12:39 PM

If you got offered a job making a little more money than your current position but you really wanted to stay where you are, wouldn't you bring the offer to the table with your boss?

If you wouldn't, you're a poor negotiator.

Bowden did countless good things for Clemson on the field as well as off, including introducing Clemson to Dabo and stocking our cupboard.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so, it wasn't

Sep 28, 2012, 7:23 AM [ in reply to so, it wasn't ]

Defending a man that has made a few tasteless statements toward Clemson after he has left. That is like petting a dog after he has bit you. As a life long Clemson fan, I do appreciate the things that Tommy got done to up grade the facilities at Clemson. But lets not forget that the up grades made it easier for him to do his job in recruiting. His job was made easier with Clemson donor money. Gratitude he got, but we owe him nothing now. He was well paid then and well paid after he left. He was even being well paid at the same time that he was talking down Clemson. Defend him if you feel its necessary. But don't expect Clemson fans to agree with you or Pat him on the back.

I thought it was a pic of him endorsing

a check from Clemson....that buttface.

We don't see constant updates about Ford, Hatfield, West,

etc....why the constant Tommy Bowden blubs???

there used to be quite a few about Ford

Sep 26, 2012, 12:18 PM

maybe he isn't doing much anymore. And who the heck would want to read anything about Hatfield or West? Those guys nearly ruined the program.

Danny Ford spoke at the Huntsville Quarterback Club.....

Sep 26, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to We don't see constant updates about Ford, Hatfield, West, ]

on August 28, 2012.

This is your Danny Ford news for today. :)

What do you think of the Catman breaking your record?

Is it "one page away" from being a good book?***

MauldinT, where are you???

Ouch.

Sep 26, 2012, 12:15 PM

;)

Sometimes I just can't help myself. :-)***

Sep 26, 2012, 12:17 PM

MauldinT, where are you???

So now it's worth even less than before***

Sep 26, 2012, 12:14 PM

Bowden to Dirtpeckers - 7 wins, 2 losses***

Sep 26, 2012, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

"I love that song (2001 A Space Odyssey)....

Sep 26, 2012, 12:43 PM

Everytime I hear it I win."

What an all-time classic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Football Update: Pic: Tommy Bowden signing his book

Sep 26, 2012, 12:28 PM

Ann Bowden hopes Bobby's book sells more

wonder if there is a section on

Sep 26, 2012, 12:30 PM

Picking your nose and crying on national tv....or a chapter called....just one play away.

Re: wonder if there is a section on

Sep 26, 2012, 12:36 PM

Hardee's Commercials

XOXO, CTB

Tb left out WINNING***

Sep 26, 2012, 12:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Tb left out WINNING***

Sep 26, 2012, 4:31 PM

Sorry if his writing is as bad as his coaching I would not hold my breath on sales of the book.Sounds more like a comic book

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,329
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic