Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN: Pinstripe, Gator likely in ACC future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN: Pinstripe, Gator likely in ACC future

May 2, 2013, 2:24 PM

ESPN: Pinstripe, Gator likely in ACC future

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN: Pinstripe, Gator likely in ACC future

May 2, 2013, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Gator Bowl can $uck it

May 2, 2013, 2:32 PM

I hope we refuse all Gator Bowl invitations in the future and tell them to invite FSU instead... forever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed, I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from that***

May 2, 2013, 3:00 PM

Why's that? We've gotten several Gator Bowl

May 2, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to The Gator Bowl can $uck it ]

invitations in the past we didn't earn on the field due to our fan travel. It was an easy decision to pick FSU in Bobby Bowden's last game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2013, 2:44 PM

Thats good for the northern teams like BC, SYR, and PITT.. And i dont see too many times when one of them would not be bowl eligible. That is most likely the only reason Swoffy and the ACC pursued the Pinstripe bowl; to appease the northern teams and give them a bowl within driving distance. I like it, as long as we never end up there...

Sux though the Peach will no longer be a yearly ACC bowl, but would be nice to slide into the Capitol One Bowl when the BIG10 goes to the Orange. Nevermind, what am I talking about?! We are going to be in the College Football Playoffs every year starting in 2014, my bad....

May 2, 2013, 3:04 PM

This is the best news I have seen yet. The ACC is really positioning itself to be a major player in college football. They moved back into the state of Florida with the addition of the Gator bowl. Gave the Northern Schools some exposure with the Pin Stripe bowl and added some value with a way into the Outback bowl. Also payment might go up in the Belk bowl with a higher profile opponent. Watch out for a deal with the SEC to get a spot in one of there bowl games when they play in the Orange bowl. People keep putting this conference down but they are doing nothing but improving their stock.

null

Jax in Jan Sux.***

May 2, 2013, 3:29 PM

The other 11 months also.

May 2, 2013, 4:22 PM

I live in Jax now, so I'm free to say that.

Re: The other 11 months also.

May 3, 2013, 11:57 AM

Is it worse than St. Louis?

Finally getting somewhere with our bowl matchups

May 3, 2013, 1:05 PM

But I do wish we'd have a good Pac-12 tie-in.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes she did.***

May 2, 2013, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Jax in Jan Sux.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We lose the Sun Bowl? FIRE SWOFFORD!!!***

May 2, 2013, 3:33 PM

Hold on....

May 2, 2013, 6:12 PM

### is "There is also a good possibility that when the Big Ten plays in the Discover Orange Bowl, the ACC will slide into the Big Ten’s slot in the Capital One Bowl" that supposed to mean? The ACC gets shafted on its orange bowl money? It's contradicted when swofford says we will have someone in the orange bowl every year.

I thought we were locked into the Orange bowl. How would the BIG take our spot? And if they do because they got in the playoff and an ACC didn't why wouldn't we get their Rose Bowl bid? Or shuffle and we get he sugar/cotton instead? Sounds like the ACC getting shafted out of like 10-15 million to me.

Nobody remembers who came in 2nd. Let'em fight over it.***

May 2, 2013, 6:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It means when the ACC plays the BIG Ten in the Orange Bowl

May 2, 2013, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Hold on.... ]

Not when the ACC is replaced. The Orange will Get either SEC, B1G or ND in the orange every year. So if the B1G slides up a bowl game and the Big gets the other half of the Orange payout then the ACC will get the benefit of having the B1G Capital One bowl slot. Formerly known as the Citrus Bowl. The Payout is 4.5 mil. Not a bad deal IMO. We get a New Years Day bowl in exchange for Picking Big Ten in the Orange. They are basically paying us and giving us a game to pick them into a better bowl. The ACC had a tie in with them in the late eighties.

In fact we played in back to back Citrus bowls in 87 and 88 and beat Penn State and Oklahoma.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-01-02/sports/sp-34229_1_penn-state-defense

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

ahhh ok

May 2, 2013, 7:00 PM

Sounds good to me. That and the chickfila bowl are the two top non BCS right? pretty good deal to have a shot at both.

I think the Cotton is the other highest

May 2, 2013, 7:27 PM

payout. But i'm not really sure. The Capital One will be one of the top non playoff bowls as far as payouts when all that is wrapped up since the Chickfila and Cotton are part of the Playoffs. The Citrus/Capital One is currently SEC#2 vs. B1G #2

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: I think the Cotton is the other highest

May 3, 2013, 10:17 AM

If that works out the ACC will play in the Cap One 3 times in the next 12 years. The Orange bowl contract is split up. 3 times SEC, 3 times B1G, and 2 games against ND. The other 4 will be part of the playoff. Hopefully the ACC is also working with the SEC to secure the same deal for the 3 years the SEC plays them in the Orange bowl.

null

Two of our Gator Bowl trips I remember quite well for the

May 2, 2013, 6:17 PM

crowd we attended them with, and for the great time we had at both: our game against Stanford, and the one against WV, the latter of which was our favorite. Additionally, we liked the reasonably short drive from Columbia, enjoyed staying in St. Augustine, going on an off-shore gambling cruise and the festivities in J'ville. I know a number of Clemson fans were disappointed when the ACC lost the bowl, and I think it would be great to have it back in the fold.

What I definitely don't like are the tie-ins with some of the others: the recent Sugar Bowl tie-in comes to mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt, the 'Fog Bowl', not so much. The OSU and Woody's

May 2, 2013, 6:20 PM

meltdown was a Classic.

Wasn't able to make either due to work, but, yes, the

May 2, 2013, 6:22 PM

game against OSU will remain a classic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jacksonville is Columbia with a River............Crap trip***

May 2, 2013, 6:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

? McCormick's? Seafood down at the beach. Take out window.

May 2, 2013, 6:28 PM

Tipped the guy (bribe) and the 4 of us were eating scallops for 2 days. Best take out deal ever!

Columbia DOES have a river.

May 3, 2013, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Jacksonville is Columbia with a River............Crap trip*** ]

Grizzly Adams DID have a beard... and, yes, Jacksonville $ux.

Re: Columbia DOES have a river.

May 3, 2013, 8:20 AM

Jax is pretty awesome. With the Chick-fil-A gone it'll be the best bowl we've got full-time after the Orange.

Correct my post from earlier here.

It looks like the Cap 1 will be our Notre Dame Bowl. When ND doesn't qualify for the Orange and they have to use one of the ACC's bowl bids, we get the Cap 1 with the Big 10 taking the Orange against our Champion. So there's no way that we could miss out on the Cap 1 and then have the Gator take ND leaving a bunch of junk for us.

Really we could luck out and have the committee put ACC #2 in the Chick-fil-A and have ACC #3 in the Cap 1, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

http://ryankantor.com/2013/05/02/acc-bowl-lineup-shake-up-chick-fil-a-gator-capital-one-pinstripe/

The Gator Bowl is a good bowl.

May 3, 2013, 9:19 AM

I'm glad we're getting it back. I still hate the city of Jacksonville.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic