Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN: Atlantic Divison crossover schedules
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,432

Football Update: ESPN: Atlantic Divison crossover schedules

Jun 11, 2012, 9:28 AM

ESPN: Atlantic Divison crossover schedules

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN: Atlantic Divison crossover schedules

Jun 11, 2012, 9:57 AM

I honestly and truly believe that the GT losses was all on Steele, and nothing to do with any player. His inability to coach a college defense made good players look really bad. And Steele's defenses made bad QB's look GREAT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steele may have lacked but he was better than Koenning

Jun 11, 2012, 12:15 PM

we gotta hope Venables knows whats going on ...i guess every cat has their weakness. I used to get sick watching koennings defense because he would allow opposing teams to chew up all the clock because they were able to dink and dunk all the way down the field because they had no pressure applied. Now, we didnt' give up the deep ball...but we gave up the 7 yarder all game long and that killed our chances because we didn't have an offense that could pull off quick scores.

If you think Steele was better than Vic than you have no

Jun 11, 2012, 2:05 PM

idea whats going on during a FB game.

You're just going off whats fresh in your mind

Jun 14, 2012, 12:06 PM

you're thinking about steele's last year only. If you go back to the koenning days you'll see that we did great against the teams the sucked and got ate up against the teams that were at our level or better. We never made halftime changes we stuck with the same stupid soft zone that put absolutely no pressure on QB's. All they had to do was line up and throw short passes to the soft pockets and take all of the clock. We allowed lower average teams a chance to hang with us and the better teams would just lick their chops. He had absolutely no balls about him and basically sat back and ran his system to a fault. Dude don't go off of what he's done at Illinois. He did not do crap here but keep us mediocre.

Re: If you think Steele was better than Vic than you have no

Jun 14, 2012, 12:21 PM [ in reply to If you think Steele was better than Vic than you have no ]

You know Billiam, you been on this board less than 2 weeks and all you have done is put down people you dont agree with.. I finally somebody that thinks he's right about everything.

Re: Football Update: ESPN: Atlantic Divison crossover schedules

Jun 11, 2012, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN: Atlantic Divison crossover schedules ]

Bellamy fumbles certainly did not help. You can't blame it all on the coach, lots of players had missed assignments that game, and tackling was atrocious. It’s convenient to throw it all on Steele, but we have be realistic here...

Tahj has to take some of the blame as well.***

Jun 12, 2012, 7:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should have home field advantage at Duke too.***

Jun 11, 2012, 10:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Point for this!***

Jun 11, 2012, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic