Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo on signing JUCO players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo on signing JUCO players

Oct 16, 2012, 11:35 AM

Dabo on signing JUCO players

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS CAN'T BE...

Oct 16, 2012, 11:39 AM

Shaking the Southland told me this was all Dabo's fault that we weren't signing JUCO players.

Surely they weren't just MAKING CRAP UP...oh wait.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shakin' the Pud.. Derisive, divisive, disingenuous dimitches***

Oct 16, 2012, 11:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're being way too nice...

Oct 16, 2012, 11:51 AM

nm

IT CAN'T BE....Dabo agrees with THE idiot bert wright!!

Oct 16, 2012, 11:57 AM [ in reply to THIS CAN'T BE... ]

The only person who is a bigger idiot is diptoola!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.***

Oct 16, 2012, 12:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I believe bert

Oct 17, 2012, 7:02 AM [ in reply to IT CAN'T BE....Dabo agrees with THE idiot bert wright!! ]

is diptoola's daddy. There is always steam rising from Bart's articles, exactly what you see in the early morning in a cow pasture. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WRONG! ShakinTheSouthland correctly blames admin, NOT Dabo!

Oct 16, 2012, 12:46 PM [ in reply to THIS CAN'T BE... ]

I've been reading STS for years, and as far as I can remember, they have always correctly put the JUCO issue on the administration, not Dabo. I just searched the STS website and I can't find one example of STS blaming Dabo for the JUCO issue. But I found the following examples where STS correctly blamed the JUCO/academic restrictions of the administration.

STS provides fair critique, praising Dabo when he does good things and criticizing him when he does bad things. It's sad that you just make stuff up and defame STS. But I'm sure you'll publicly admit you were wrong and apologize now that you can see the following examples proving you wrong.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/7/23/2287969/tommy-west-some-vindication

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/12/15/2637159/signing-day-primer

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/9/26/3413280/clemson-football-recruiting-JUCO-junior-college-defense-policy

Re: WRONG! ShakinTheSouthland correctly blames admin, NOT Dabo!

Oct 16, 2012, 1:00 PM

You are full of it and are one of the main culprits over there. Nothing but egotistical wanna bes that think they know more than anyone about college football. Give me a break!

And Razz, might wanna wipe Dr. B's stuff off your chin. Your knees are a little dirty also.

It's fine to call out coaches when things need improvement, it's another to disrespect the program and nit pick everything from the food players eat, weights they lift, spikes they wear, hell you all even disrespect Dabo by calling him "the sweatshirt." How about giving the man his due...by respecting him. He is the head coach.

Not you, #########.

To be fair they did lay that blame on Barker not Dabo***

Oct 16, 2012, 1:52 PM

I provide facts. You counter with juvenile insults. Classic!

Oct 16, 2012, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: WRONG! ShakinTheSouthland correctly blames admin, NOT Dabo! ]

STS praised Dabo for recruitng, instilling more toughness and fight, firing Napier, hiring Morris, implementing the training table, etc, etc. STS never called for Dabo's head. But you say that they "nit pick everything". That's simply wrong.

I don't work for STS. And I've never called Dabo "the sweatchirt" not that I consider it an insult. I view it as a fun nickname, just like Jim Tressel is widely known as "The Vest", Les Miles is known as "The Hat", and Spurrier is known as "The Old Ball Coach". The fact that you consider "The Sweatshirt" an insulting nickname speaks volumes about your personality.

Both STS and I have said that Dabo is becoming a better and decent coach. (I've said that on TigerNet recently.) But apparently any critique of the coaching staff makes me and STS haters who nit pick everything.

HIT a nerve did I...

Oct 16, 2012, 1:59 PM [ in reply to WRONG! ShakinTheSouthland correctly blames admin, NOT Dabo! ]

You know what they say...

"If you toss a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit..."

The consistent negativity over there is nothing new to anyone. But just so you feel better...I'm sorry boo-boo. Thanks for finding the facts for me.

If only such dedication was given to building our program up as is given to tearing it down at STS, maybe I'd stop by ever so often instead of just assuming the normal garbage.

I simply pointed out your fabrication. Now you make excuses

Oct 16, 2012, 4:36 PM

I think the proper adult thing for you to say would have been something like, "I was wrong and even though I don't like STS, I shouldn't have fabricated something like that. I apologize."

But instead you wrote, "But just so you feel better...I'm sorry boo-boo." That's the kind of maturity you exhibit.

I find STS to be very balanced. They give both praise and criticism where they feel it is due. And they do both in hopes that it will improve the program. You may not agree with their analyses, but it's wrong for you to just make up lies about STS and it's pathetic that you make up excuses when you get proven wrong.

If I can't be immature on TNet dude...

Oct 16, 2012, 4:54 PM

I quit. lol.

Take it easy. I'm sorry. You must have a vested interest in the site. You are right, I have taken objection to some very directed comments about our Coach(es) from there in the past. I believe it to be an agenda of the folks who run the site.

I will say this, some changes have been made to areas that STS has found issue with.

And, you know, if I thought STS might humbly give credit to the program and coaches for making those changes (ie. training table, nutritionist) then I might even reciprocate by saying that they had some impact on these changes.

However, I don't see that. I see more negativity, more promoting of opinions and more of what comes off as bashing...so no, I don't like that site. I think they're high on themselves, and that's just not my cup of tea. They embody the fan that just wants something to be wrong so they can complain and say they were right.

Since you're so good at finding links, and since I obviously don't care to do that...how about you find me some links praising our program.

When things are good...they may be out there. But STS's reaction to the OB soured me big time. We were all upset, but they used that website to whine like teenagers man. And that's the last time I went.

I just don't like to see pure pumperism & fabrications.

Oct 16, 2012, 5:41 PM

I don't have a vested interest in STS. I think that STS provides balanced analyses. I think Clemson would be a better football program if the reportage and analyses of the program were more balanced, rather than only lopsided sunshine (like TigerNet). If you go back and read STS's articles (say at least the post-game analyses this sesaon) you'll typically see reasonable praise and criticism.

Following is an example of an STS article after the 6-7 2010 season, where (despite a losing season) STS gave both praise and critique. If you go back and read STS's articles, I think you'll see that this kind of balance is typical. But you'll almost never find anything critical of the administration on TigerNet or in any of the local newspapers. I don't like TigerNet's lack of balance but I still read TigerNet and I don't make up lies about TigerNet simply because I disagree with their editorial philosophy.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/6/15/3089930/the-greatest-dabo-swinney-camp-ever

Re: I just don't like to see pure pumperism & fabrications.

Oct 16, 2012, 7:04 PM

watch out Razz the coot moniker will be thrown at you any second.

T-NET is garbage...posters incorrectly blaming other sites.

Oct 16, 2012, 2:55 PM [ in reply to WRONG! ShakinTheSouthland correctly blames admin, NOT Dabo! ]

IF you post somewhere besides T-net, you must be the enemy. Bunch of clowns.

You sound like an 8 year old protecting his playground.***

Oct 16, 2012, 8:15 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

u r a weird dude.***

Oct 16, 2012, 8:14 PM [ in reply to WRONG! ShakinTheSouthland correctly blames admin, NOT Dabo! ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: THIS CAN'T BE...

Oct 16, 2012, 6:56 PM [ in reply to THIS CAN'T BE... ]

STS has never blamed Dabo for not taking JCs , always the administration . Time and again Dabo and coaches have been blamed for misallocation of scholarships and mismanagement of redshirts which rests squarely on the coaches heads. If you want to argue the issue the burden of proof is on you , I read STS because they have a much more unbiased opinion then tnet and the posters of tnet therefore their coverage of actual football play is far superior to tnet.

And on STS people have well-reasoned civilized disagreements

Oct 16, 2012, 7:53 PM

STS's readers typically don't call each other names just because they disagree.

Re: And on STS people have well-reasoned civilized disagreements

Oct 16, 2012, 8:18 PM

#########. If you don't bow down and kiss the rings over there you get banned. That's the way it is. There is no dialogue. Just bitching, making fun of Clemson athletic employees, and they always hide behind the incorrect position that they are fair and other sites only pump sunshine.

Just wrong, plain wrong.

Re: And on STS people have well-reasoned civilized disagreements

Oct 16, 2012, 9:34 PM

Another person buthurt because they got bant. Once again I have disagreed with all the writers and founders of STS and didn't get bant. You simply cannot carry on a reasonable conversation when it comes to the Clemson Tigers .

I've repeatedly disagreed with STS bloggers, no problem.***

Oct 17, 2012, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: And on STS people have well-reasoned civilized disagreements ]

If you childishly name-call & accuse people of homosexuality

Oct 17, 2012, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: And on STS people have well-reasoned civilized disagreements ]

as Terrierfan did in his first post to me above, then you could get banned. Thank goodness. STS is for people who want to read realistic analysis and express intelligent points and counterpoints. Juvenile insults aren't welcome.

Re: So there are actual academic polices unlike

Oct 16, 2012, 11:41 AM

UNC where they claim to have academic policies and they are all a smoke screen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNCheat absolutely has some strict academic policies....

Oct 16, 2012, 11:51 AM

That apparently do not apply to football and/or basketball players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I transferred to Clemson from a Junior College,

Oct 16, 2012, 12:06 PM

and lost 21 hours!!

Good thing I took 2 summer classes after my sophomore year, or I wouldn't have been eligible to run that first year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One big issue people don't understand...

Oct 16, 2012, 12:29 PM

In the ACC, if you transfer in form a JC, no D's will transfer. However, they will in the SEC.

I know this b/c I looked at Florida & Tenn. and was assured that the 1 D I had would indeed transfer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One big issue people don't understand...

Oct 16, 2012, 5:09 PM

When I went to the Citadel (20+ years ago), if you transferred credits from anywhere, you had to have at least a C in the class. Never was an issue for me, but that's what I remember.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic