Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Champs Bowl information tidbit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Update: Champs Bowl information tidbit

Nov 28, 2011, 8:10 PM

Champs Bowl information tidbit

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is sickening. Thanks Dabo. Look what you have turned

Nov 28, 2011, 8:22 PM

Clemson football into.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Infuriating

Nov 28, 2011, 8:28 PM

but Jimbo is a genius. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, like we were going to BCS bowls for years

Nov 28, 2011, 9:53 PM [ in reply to This is sickening. Thanks Dabo. Look what you have turned ]

We should be doing better but it's not like this started with Dabo...Clemson has been in mediocre bowl games since the 90s.

GO TIGERS

this is where we have been for the last 10 years.....

Nov 28, 2011, 10:16 PM [ in reply to This is sickening. Thanks Dabo. Look what you have turned ]

Dabo has in a situation to go to a BCS bowl. And if not, probably the Chicfila bowl...which we havnt been to in a while either....

What were we before?

Nov 28, 2011, 10:44 PM [ in reply to This is sickening. Thanks Dabo. Look what you have turned ]

Its not like we were making it rain championships before Dabo took over.

Win this weekend...everyone will be back on their knees for Dabo.

Win the bowl game...everyone will be back on their knees for Dabo.

Lose both? Then what, fire a guy who just won 9 games?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What were we before?

Nov 28, 2011, 10:48 PM

Didn't Maryland fire Fridge after winning 9?

How's that working out for them?***

Nov 29, 2011, 10:18 PM

No I won't, No I won't, and Yes.

Nov 29, 2011, 10:25 PM [ in reply to What were we before? ]

Any more questions?

Clemson's bowl situation is really pretty solid

Nov 28, 2011, 8:36 PM

Don't get me wrong - I'm not happy about this end-of-season collapse, and no bowl game aside from the Orange Bowl can make up for it.

However, if we lose the ACCCG, we get to either face an SEC team right down the road in Atlanta, or we get to face the Fighting Irish since the Champs can use it's Notre Dame clause this year.

All three of those bowl situations are entertaining, even if the end of the regular season is horrible.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Fan or Whiner - Which are You?

Nov 28, 2011, 9:03 PM

We have over achieved with this team all year and the fact that we are 9-3 is awesome. I don't like the fact that our senior leaders are hiding in the closet now that things have gotten tough but they are all we have. Maybe they will surprise us by growing some stones this week and punching somebody in the mouth. If they don't it will be a long Sat night.

Fact is, we need a talent upgrade on both side of our line of scrimmage and everyone knows it. They are soft and the rest of the team feels it. They haven't dominated anybody this year and don't seem to want to prove that they can. We need a little case of "nasty" before Saturday night.

We haven't lost the game and I perhaps we wont. We haven't lost the opportunity to play in the orange bowl and perhaps we won't. We haven't been invited to the Champs bowl and maybe we won't. But what we are is CLEMSON and we should be: behind this team, behind our staff, and looking to kick some Hokie *$$ on Sat night. Go Tigers!!!

^This response is why clemson will continue to be mediocre***

Nov 28, 2011, 9:12 PM

Re: ^This response is why clemson will continue to be mediocre***

Nov 29, 2011, 10:16 PM

i'm 1000% tiger for life but it comes at a price. the powers that be got a taste of huge fb success and a folk hero coach and found it not to their liking and know they can mostly fill the 80,000 seat stadium on the cheap with a slightly better than mediocre product and not feel like the university is overshadowed by the football program.

9-3 is accepting mediocrity. Certainly not awesome!

Nov 28, 2011, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Tiger Fan or Whiner - Which are You? ]

Are you kidding. We play 12 game regular seasons now. Back in the 80s when you only had 11 game regular seasons, then yeah 9 wins meant a little bit more.

9-3 is not awesome. When you are 8-0, 9-3 is not an acceptable way to finish.

If Clemson just beats the teams they are supposed to beat each year, we should have a minimum of 9 wins every year.

Good post - we clearly overachieved.

Nov 28, 2011, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Tiger Fan or Whiner - Which are You? ]

And people seem to forget that lately. It's hard to go undefeated and extremely hard to win on the road. A flawless home record is a good start to returning to championship form. We just have to learn to toughen up on the road. I will take 9-3 all day long.

Re: Good post - we clearly overachieved.

Nov 28, 2011, 9:53 PM

the problem is , we all know how much better this team could be with proper coaching and leadership . and we hate to see it all go bye bye while Dabo gets on the job training .

What does Dabo have to do with that?

Nov 29, 2011, 10:22 PM

Shouldn't that be the coordinators/position coaches?

I'm a Clemson football, basketball, and baseball fanatic (in that order) and I support whoever the coaches are.

But to say that the reason this team isn't better is because of Dabo getting "on the job training," which considering he is in his third year is a little bit ridiculous to keep saying, is just ignorant.

coot idiot***

Nov 29, 2011, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Good post - we clearly overachieved. ]

I'd rather play in the Champs bowl then get blown out

Nov 28, 2011, 9:55 PM

in the peach. FSU is a much better team than us right now anyway, they deserve to go

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...We will just have to Win The ACCCG

Nov 29, 2011, 12:30 PM

That way it won't matter......

But, Orlando is a fun trip.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic