Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson

Nov 8, 2013, 11:39 AM

CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a fun matchup***

Nov 8, 2013, 11:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: That would be a fun matchup***

Nov 8, 2013, 11:43 AM

I could live with that. The Sugar Bowl would be better however.

You would rather play UCF? Why?***

Nov 8, 2013, 5:36 PM

Yes, and no.

Nov 8, 2013, 12:27 PM [ in reply to That would be a fun matchup*** ]

As schizophrenic as our offense is, I'm not sure they could handle the pressure of having to score a ton of points, and that is what they would have to do against Oregon. If our offense and defense both played their A game, we might edge them in a shootout 38-42 or maybe even higher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That would be a fun matchup***

Nov 8, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to That would be a fun matchup*** ]

Hope springs eternal with you guys. Beating Tech is all that matters now. They could beat our brains out. And how about the Gamecocks? Haven't beaten them lately.

Lose to those two teams, and Charlotte here we come.

This speculation is whistling past the graveyard. Tigers have one lonely quality win this year. One! We got gang raped by FSU.

I'm still sore...

Charlotte? lol***

Nov 8, 2013, 5:38 PM

Thoughts on how our Secondary would hold up against Oregon?

Nov 8, 2013, 11:44 AM

We won't hold them to 20 points. We will have to score 42 or more to win.

Re: Thoughts on how our Secondary would hold up against Oregon?

Nov 8, 2013, 11:49 AM

By bowl time, Kearse and Wiggins and the others will be improved to the point where we could compete with Oregon. Call me foolish but I see a lot of good things about to happen in our secondary. It will be the strong point in 2014. Agree?

Nov 8, 2013, 12:05 PM

I think it'll be a strong point in 2014, especially with Alexander added to the group.

However I don't think it's a strong point this year and it won't be improved in January to the point where it's going to be able to contain Oregon in either the pass or run.

If this forecast plays out, we'll have to score 50 to win.

Nov 8, 2013, 12:27 PM

It doesn't matter how many we score, as long as it's 1 more than our opponent. A win is a win

Nov 8, 2013, 12:47 PM

No disagreement here...I was just objecting to the notion that our secondary would allow us to compete with Oregon. I don't think that's the case. They would likely be the weakest point.

I think our DL, while not as good as Stanford, could have some success in disrupting their timing offense, as could our linebackers. I don't doubt our offense would be able to move the ball well against theirs.

The secondary has been questionable all year, especially with the run game, which has lead to big plays--something Oregon very obviously thrives at. If we were to play Oregon, the secondary would be considered a hindrance.

Get ready to bash away

Nov 8, 2013, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Thoughts on how our Secondary would hold up against Oregon? ]

For me, I don't like our chances against Oregon.
Not ready for another Fla State type game.

:(

Sorry.

Prolly woul have to score 71....

Nov 8, 2013, 11:51 AM

I kid I kid.

WVU part deux***

Nov 8, 2013, 11:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't think you can hang with the big boys...***

Nov 8, 2013, 11:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

See my above post. ^***

Nov 8, 2013, 5:19 PM [ in reply to WVU part deux*** ]

LOL!!!!!!***

Nov 9, 2013, 10:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a crazy game with no defense

Nov 8, 2013, 11:52 AM

vs Oregon

Re: Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson

Nov 8, 2013, 11:56 AM

2 basketball teams with football unis

As good as stanfords front seven was against the run

Nov 8, 2013, 12:01 PM

To me it looked like they were terrible against the pass. Mariota stopped the Oregon offense as often as Stanford did. I think we could replicate a similar strategy with an athletic front 7 and hold them in the 30s.

I was going to make the same point

Nov 8, 2013, 12:41 PM

How much better does everyone think Stanford's front 7 is than ours? They may have a slight edge but they are not tons better than us. They held the Oregon offense to 14 points. Game would have been a blowout if not for the blocked fg and onside recovery by Oregon.

Nov 8, 2013, 12:51 PM

I don't see both Clemson and SC getting BCS bowls. Are they saying the Sugar Bowl would take a 3(at least) loss SC team?

Nov 8, 2013, 1:08 PM

We could possibly get picked as the replacement for the Orange Bowl (if FSU makes the MNC game) even with a close loss to SC. It really depends how Miami does down the stretch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2013, 1:02 PM

I'd much rather play Stanford or another power team. Our D is good enough to keep the point total low, but our O has looked inconsistent at times, so I would rather we not get into a shootout with anyone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well miami would have 2 losses as well (fsux2) and...

Nov 8, 2013, 1:35 PM

The fans would leave from their homes, go to the game and return home without adding anything to the city or it's economy for the weekend.

As it stands, I believe this year, we will finally see the

Nov 8, 2013, 1:52 PM

best two teams play for the MNC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if USC beats us, no way USC rematches UCF in the Sugar

Nov 8, 2013, 2:21 PM

Also I doubt a 3 loss USC team or a 2 loss CU team get into the BCS but anything is possible.

Orange has to take an ACC team. Who you got? Miami?***

Nov 8, 2013, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

The Orange doesn't have to pick an ACC team to fill

Nov 8, 2013, 2:38 PM

the spot that FSU would vacate. However, the Orange would be protected in keeping an ACC school in the game if Bama were to stay #1 and the Sugar got first pick of a replacement team. FWIW, the Sugar doesn't have to pick an SEC team to replace Bama either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Orange doesn't have to pick an ACC team to fill

Nov 8, 2013, 2:52 PM

The Orange and Sugar aren't forced to pick a team from their respective conferences, but 9 times out of ten they do because the commissioners lean on the bowls and pressure them into doing it.

Geez...

Nov 8, 2013, 3:56 PM

This team slipped once. We've done work all season. Tech sucks our d is vastly improved, the coots aren't that good , and Oregon is softer than we are perceived. I wish we ran out of a power set sometimes. Stanford humbled Oregon. I'll live and die with this team. It's all I know. Spot the #### ball!

Stanford OWNED the LOS. We wouldn't. Could get ugly.***

Nov 8, 2013, 4:24 PM

They predict a South Carolina UCF rematch?***

Nov 8, 2013, 4:45 PM

null

Re: They predict a South Carolina UCF rematch?***

Nov 10, 2013, 1:15 AM

He is obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. If the coots beat Clemson, then it would be a loss in the last regular season game thus knocking us out of the Orange Bowl (provided FSU wins out) - see last year as proof 10-1 Clemson is projected to an at large BCS bowl loses to the coots and boom out the Tigers go the the Peach Bowl. If we beat the coots to secure a BCS spot, they will have 3 losses - no way a 3 loss team gets invited to a BCS bowl. That doesn't even mention that he is predicting a SCar/UCF rematch.

Just not gonna happen - he doesn't have a clue.

So we don't play this week and CBS changes our projection...

Nov 8, 2013, 5:50 PM

from the Russell Athletic Bowl to the Orange Bowl. If we don't make it to the Orange Bowl then we will be in the chicfila bowl. CBS needs to learn the bowl tie ins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lets not forget

Nov 9, 2013, 10:00 AM

That our defense practices against a similar scheme week in and week out , and with equally talented skill sets for the most part. I think we would beat Oregon.

DB23

Excitng match-up - Venables will have d ready!***

Nov 10, 2013, 3:03 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic