Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Is Ray-Ray McCloud a lock to Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Is Ray-Ray McCloud a lock to Clemson?

Sep 10, 2014, 1:49 PM

WATCH: Is Ray-Ray McCloud a lock to Clemson?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he's committed to Clemson

Sep 10, 2014, 1:55 PM

That usually means a guy is a "lock."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless his name is

Sep 10, 2014, 2:08 PM

Robert Nkemdiche, or Demarcus Robinson, or Dylan Sumner-Gardner, or... you get my point.

I'm also worried Dabo might get an attitude if/when McCloud takes those visits. How nice would it be to have Marlin Lane playing for us this year instead of Tennessee?

Re: Unless his name is

Sep 10, 2014, 3:13 PM

So you had rather have a coach that doesn't stick to his word?

Sep 10, 2014, 4:19 PM

I'd rather have a coach with a more flexible policy. The only other coach I'm aware of who had a similar policy was Mack Brown as he drove the Texas program into the ground.

Sep 11, 2014, 8:46 AM

But Dabo has brought our program back from the ground

Point is, there's no reason to ask that right now

Sep 10, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Unless his name is ]

That's the kind of question you ask before a guy commits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure there's a reason to ask it

Sep 10, 2014, 4:20 PM

it gets people who would otherwise never visit that website to watch the video, and websites like TigerNet to link to the video.

Or Craig Loston or Devonte Holloman...***

Sep 10, 2014, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Unless his name is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Asks UF pay-to-read sites?!***

Sep 10, 2014, 2:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't he make a visit to UF just before he decided to

Sep 11, 2014, 8:10 AM

make his verbal to Clemson?

As I recall, most everybody was sure that it was a sign that he was a Gator and that Clemson was out of the running.

He may take other visits, but I think the chances of him flipping to Florida are nil.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is UF a lock to lose 4-5 games this year?***

Sep 10, 2014, 2:06 PM

Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Is Ray-Ray McCloud a lock to Clemson?

Sep 10, 2014, 2:15 PM

BHSN is out of Tampa....so....propaganda at its finest. He may be visiting but there isn't a controversy here.

Wonderful kid and family.

Sep 10, 2014, 2:31 PM

I have no problem with Ray Ray taking visits, it determines the outlook of the rest of his life. One of my favorite recruits, I hope he ends up at Clemson but if he doesn't then I still plan on following this young man's career. If this does get wild and crazy and he goes on to be a NFL Hall of Famer, what an awesome name this would make for a 30 for 30 "The Recruitment of Ray Ray McCloud III".

QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Choice, Gallman, Dye, Fuller, and Feaster.
OL: Headlined by Hyatt, Fruhmorgen, and Crowder.
WR: Ray Ray, Deon Cain, Tay Scott, Bell, Kitt, Thompson etc.

I smell a championship on the horizon...
Go Tigers! All-In For Ray Ray!

I'm curious...what DO championships smell like?

Sep 10, 2014, 11:28 PM

I've always figured it be waffles...I like waffles.

Re: I'm curious...what DO championships smell like?

Sep 11, 2014, 5:14 PM

Fresh cut grass, rare steak right off the grill and beer.....in a nutshell......'Merica

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Those three are so greasy.***

Sep 10, 2014, 2:32 PM

Sep 10, 2014, 2:34 PM

The only thing I hate is if a kid still wants to take visits why commit in the first place? If your taking
visits to 'confirm' your decision your not 100% committed....

Same reason you make reservations at a restaurant

Sep 10, 2014, 4:23 PM

if you have reservations at a restaurant you can still look around for other, better restaurants. Maybe you find one, or maybe the place you already have a reservation is the best eatery in town, but you can cancel or keep that reservation with no penalty.

Re: Same reason you make reservations at a restaurant

Sep 10, 2014, 4:40 PM

what a CROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! comparing this to a football commitment is foolish

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2014, 6:03 PM

It was a pretty good comparison actually. Now he has a spot with Clemson. Where as he continues without committing he runs the risk of losing the scholarship spot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2014, 6:39 PM

UF wouldn't win the Coastal.
Take a minute to reflect , his father (who is is coach ) has said he is solid , his commitment is solid in my eyes.
Just a way for a slanted show to go slanting.
Nothing to see here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 10, 2014, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Same reason you make reservations at a restaurant ]

Some people think Charlie Strong is crazy to revoke a commitment if they continue to take visits....I think it's a great idea. I think it. Is wrong for "vultures" from other schools to continue to go after a young man. Recruiting is such a delicate process. I hope he honors his commitment.

With the new rules Ray Ray has signed a financial aid

Sep 10, 2014, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Same reason you make reservations at a restaurant ]

agreement that Clemson is legally bound to if he signs a LOI with us , now Dabo is in a rock and a hard place if Ray Ray visits and Dabo says he no longer has a scholarship offer but Ray Ray signs that LOI for us . Does Dabo let the fans know he turned a 5* away because he took visits? Because legally we have to provide the scholarship now if he signs with us.

Re: With the new rules Ray Ray has signed a financial aid

Sep 10, 2014, 11:10 PM

To the comment above saying other teams are "vultures" because they are recruiting a guy to have made a verbal commitment to another school, do you realize that although Dabo has this policy, it doesn't stop him from recruiting guys who have committed to other schools? Example is the DB, last name Fields, who is verbally committed to SC. As much as I like Dabo, this policy seems sort of like a scare tactic to get a guy to go ahead and say yes, "I'm all in."

Dabo tells the recruits NOT to commit unless they are 100%

Sep 10, 2014, 11:22 PM

sure Clemson is the school for them. Not sure how you figure that is a "scare tactic".

Wow, talk about stretching. LOL!***

Sep 10, 2014, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Same reason you make reservations at a restaurant ]

From what I read Ray-Ray is a lock since has integrity!

Sep 10, 2014, 8:27 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2014, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Same reason you make reservations at a restaurant ]

Nice analogy.

Sep 10, 2014, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Is Ray-Ray McCloud a lock to Clemson? ]

Personally I feel exactly like you. If none of the other recruits are taking visits b/c Dabo says no. Then Ray Ray shouldn't be allowed to take visits either. So what ever Dabo does if Ray Ray does take other visits, could end up being deal breakers with other recruits. I hope that he doesn't risk losing other recruits just b/c one is determined to go against the grain. I know that Ray Ray is an elite player, but he isn't so good that its worth setting our other recruits back out on the recruiting trail again with lies and promises waiting on them from other coaches and schools....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2014, 3:11 PM

He and Cain both will be Tigers!!

Their choice:

A. Play alongside Deshaun Watson and the Nations best collective Incoming offensive line or...

B. Go play for the dumpster fire that is UF

WHICH would you choose???

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida?

Sep 10, 2014, 4:21 PM

Who was the bat WR on Florida's team last season? This season? Exactly, people can name our guys, because we give them the ball. Ray-Ray is orange!

Gator fans are worse than Dawg fans. In-state fb leaving

Sep 10, 2014, 5:26 PM

and not go to FL? Impossible.

This sorta stuff is just disgusting

Sep 11, 2014, 5:25 AM

People are still scarred from Nkemdiche and will be for a number of years. Don't need to hear or read this kinda stuff.

I tend not to let

Sep 11, 2014, 6:11 AM

recruits get me way too excited. Sure its great knowing a player is committed to your school ahead of time, but there is so much pressure to say x university or y state on 16 and 17 yr olds many just throw out names. Idk, Loston and Holloman really hurt me. I never recovered. Never heard of this Nkemdiche guy either ( 2+ squirts of sarcastic sauce please)

Momma likes Clemson.***

Sep 11, 2014, 8:19 AM

Sep 11, 2014, 11:22 AM

The guy is FOS. When they change their mind it totally is their fault. Don't sluff that off on anybody but the kid. Now, if one changes his mind, so be it, but don't say it's not his fault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2014, 10:17 PM

The only reason those other guys jumped ship was because Ole Miss, Auburn, etc. paid the parents--not that the $ECheat or NCAA cares what they do! I trust Ray Ray and his parents to have more integrity than those parents who pimped their kids for $$$. Shades of SCam Newton, et al...

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic