Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OT target commits to Stanford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,190

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OT target commits to Stanford

May 19, 2015, 7:12 PM

Clemson OT target commits to Stanford

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you serious, Clark?***

May 19, 2015, 7:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you serious, Clark?***

May 19, 2015, 7:34 PM

Our recruiting A-list athletes seems to be slipping.

Come on now

May 19, 2015, 7:57 PM

Our commit list is stacked with the some of the best players in the country, what are you talking about? We lost on Yarborough and Defoor - it happens man you can't expect us to land every single player we want. We are likely going to land Simpson, and we are in great shape with Boudreaux. We are in the hunt for Fries, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us turn up the heat on Landon Dickerson or Bryce Matthews.

Having said that, it has been a rough day for Clemson football haha. At least the Gamecocks lost their best commit today - their class looks atrocious.

Re: Come on now

May 19, 2015, 8:36 PM

This won't be near as good of a class as we've thought throughout the process so far. We are losing ground with most of our big recruits with a couple exceptions

Disagree

May 19, 2015, 10:10 PM

Signing day is not until February - tell me how is this not going to be as good of a class? On Rivals we are currently the second or third highest rated school in terms of average star rating. We are still in the mix with multiple five stars and tons of four stars. Where is your prediction coming from, that we didn't get Yarborough? Our staff has more than earned my trust in terms of recruiting, I guess they have to land every single target to get yours.

Re: Disagree

May 19, 2015, 10:18 PM

If you are defending our class to SlumCoot ...don't , just don't. He is a chicken troll and has absolutely nothing to comtribute to any thread on TNet but to make his little jabs and scurry back into his hole.
He knows that Clemson will again finish as a top 10 recruiting class in 2016. The dude is dumb , but he reads and understands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 19, 2015, 11:26 PM

If you're referring to me I think you might be a little off the mark...

If you were to read my earlier posts they've been pretty optimistic. We've unfortunately lost a little momentum on the recruiting trail mostly because we're targeting the big fish this year at a slightly lower success rate. Again, that could change. It could be a huge signing day this year between Lawrence, Gary, and a possible Smith flip from LSU.

May 19, 2015, 11:54 PM

It's still early. Kind of hard to project what this class will look like when all is said and done, but this staff has been bringing in ridiculous talent for a while now. We've missed on plenty in the past and still come out smelling pretty good. Feaster says hi.

Dont yell at me but...

May 20, 2015, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Disagree ]

I would be very surprised to see us finish in the top 10 simply because of how small this class is.

Re: Dont yell at me but...

May 20, 2015, 2:44 PM

You could be right. The fact that we are only taking 16-18 this class could keep us down in the rankings on quantity based sites. However, our quality will be right up there with the top 5, which is what really matters. We currently have 1-2 five stars in our class (Smith and Feaster), with a ton of four stars and a two high end three stars (Chalk and Skalski, though Chalk is a four star on some sites). Our staff is one of, if not the best, in the country at recruiting. We will be just fine in February... we putting together an incredible display of talent on our roster.

what happened to postponing his announcement???***

May 19, 2015, 7:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isnt this even earlier than when he was supposed to announce***

May 19, 2015, 8:38 PM

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OT target commits to Stanford

May 19, 2015, 7:17 PM

Just when you think today can't get any worse for Clemson football...

Wish him all the best - Stanford a high caliber university***

May 19, 2015, 9:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson OT target commits to Stanford

May 19, 2015, 9:52 PM

I really hoped we landed him with Simpson and Parker to make another great oline class but there are plenty other talented ot we can try to reel in. I hope this pushes us to really go after Landon Dickerson kid he is a beast I would love to add. This Just kinda added to the disappointing news about ebo earlier to make a not so great day!! thought we really would land Clark after he said he was postponing his commitment.

Congrats to him. Stanford is an outstanding University.***

May 20, 2015, 12:55 AM

This shouldn't be a surprise - the kid wanted academics.

May 20, 2015, 9:59 AM

as good a school as clemson is, you can't argue with a kid wanting to go to stanford.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,190
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic