Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Freshman DB to have surgery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Freshman DB to have surgery

Sep 23, 2013, 10:03 PM

Freshman DB to have surgery

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just need to RS him

Sep 23, 2013, 10:18 PM

Absolutely no reason to start playing him in week 6 if he is ready unless an injury forces it...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea but we have some very important games ahead of us

Sep 24, 2013, 4:47 AM

and if he starts perfiorming at a high,level in practice, he could really help in games 7 through 14 if we keep winning and play in ACCCG.

Imagine if we had a higher level corner to put on Ace Sanders or Bruce Ellington vs coots last year, or the fact that FSU has so many good receivers this year.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that depends how the season is going. If we win the

Sep 24, 2013, 7:50 AM [ in reply to They just need to RS him ]

next 4 games and are sitting at 7-0 after FSU, i think we have to do whatever we can to have to the best chance of winning. If the coaches don't think he can help us, he should redshirt, but if he can make significant contributions, we should blow the shirt for the final 5 regular season games, ACCT, and bowl.

Re: Football Player Update: Freshman DB to have surgery

Sep 23, 2013, 10:49 PM

According to Jesse Palmer we are not going to have a team next year so I say play them all.

Of course I'm just kidding

Has Jesse EVER been wrong???????***

Sep 23, 2013, 10:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said this before.

Sep 24, 2013, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Freshman DB to have surgery ]

Next year we will be a better team than now. Don't hand me that 'we lose Tajh and Sammy chit.

Our defense will be one of the best if not the best in the country. Our LB and secondary will be as good as this year's linemen. Defense wins championships.

Our offensive line will be good enough to protect Fort Knox. Cole will have time to grow a beard waiting for plays to develop. The holes our line will open on opponents defensive lines will be considered 'event horizons.' Our RB won't need half the talent they have to average 100 yrds each per game. "Chit or go blind," will be the question most prevelant on our opponents' minds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2013, 11:03 PM

I agree to just RS him. Even when he gets back, he has to get up to full speed again and learn the schemes of the defense....he hasn't even practiced with the D yet. I want to see him on the field as much as anyone, but don't really see the point this year.

Sep 23, 2013, 11:25 PM

RS is the best thing for him and the team at this point.

However, I'm pretty sure he will be gone in 2 years anyways.

So, if that is the case, then play him and get him some game experience (when the game is pretty much over) to take with him into next season.

Should the surgery be effective and MA get up to speed

Sep 24, 2013, 12:58 AM

by GT I think he plays. Especially if we are in the MNC hunt at that point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he recovers well and gets back up to speed quickly.

Sep 23, 2013, 11:33 PM

Though he hasn't played yet this is still our weakest area on the field, and if it turns out that half way through the season or even beyond it looks to the coaches that he's an upgrade there - play him. There is no tomorrow this season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of surgery? Why redshirt?

Sep 23, 2013, 11:37 PM

If Alexander can recover and start prior to SC, ACC Championship & BCS Bowl game, why not put him on the field? He is still possibly our most talented DB. Why not keep a star player who will not stay at Clemson for 4 years available for big late season games if he can get healthy? Again, what is wrong? How invasive was surgery?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We

Sep 23, 2013, 11:38 PM

Need him if we want to do what we think we are capable of. Get him back ASAP and he'd be ready for Orange Bowl...or Pasadena. Are we really going to RS a shutdown corner because we didn't have him for first half of season? When he's gone anyway in a couple years? and we have a critical need for his talent!?

Sounds like Dabo wants to RS him.

Sep 23, 2013, 11:52 PM

For those thinking he will only play 2 seasons, lets not put the cart before the horse. We know he's talented but sheesh, lets see the kid play a down of college football first.

Not to mention nagging injuries can hamper productivity any given year which can always be an incentive to come back another year and raise your draft stock. You never know....

I read Dabo's quote more as a challenge to MacKensie.

Sep 24, 2013, 12:11 AM

"It's up to him" meaning it would be up to Mac to get healthy and compete at a top level in practice in short time. If he does that, he'll play, if he doesn't, he'll redshirt. It's up to him. I like it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Chit or get off the pot,"...

Sep 24, 2013, 10:45 AM

was what I got out of it. That's the Reader's Digest version of what you said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If

Sep 24, 2013, 2:39 AM

We slip somewhere yes RS him but if we are going to be all in let's be all in, get him some experience for future. When is the last time we had a shut down corner?

Crezdon Butler was pretty close.***

Sep 24, 2013, 7:53 AM

Re: If

Sep 24, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to If ]

in response to IF (NewTigerEra) "when's the last time we've had a Shutdown corner"???......we know this how (from highschool)??? because(he was good in highschool)???....we haven't seen him practice, must less play in an actual game where he's got to "cover" someone. I'll call him a "shutdown" corner when I see proof but will not grant him that moniker until I see it...........just say'n

Depends ... considering he's a true freshman

Sep 24, 2013, 9:09 AM

...Alexander is also a rare talent. Our coach's mantra has always been "the best man plays." If he is up to the task, and he understands he'd be essentially losing a half-year, I'd allow him to play.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk Rev... If that's his mantra...

Sep 24, 2013, 9:40 AM

Then why the bawls is Q Christian still starting games?!?

Redshirt he and Dye while winning. Can you say Stockpile***

Sep 24, 2013, 10:18 AM

Sep 24, 2013, 1:27 PM

Prayers are with you for a complete and quick recovery. Just plan on doing what you feel is best for MacKensie. College life is short, make the most out of every minute.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic