Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Five-star Mississippi State signee apologizes after striking a woman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Five-star Mississippi State signee apologizes after striking a woman

Mar 27, 2016, 7:40 AM

If he can be baited to hit a woman over comments about his deceased nephews what will he do when someone says something about his immediate family members such as his mother or grandmother?

Every body deserves a 2nd chance and to be forgiven but it does not mean we should not suffer consequences for our initial actions.

Will Miss St take some action or will he face any criminal charges? IMO he should be suspended for a minimum of 2 to 4 games and some enteral discipline such as running and should be required to attend several counseling sessions.

How do you think Dabo would handle this situation?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The tone of this post seems really off to me

Mar 27, 2016, 8:48 AM

I can only assume you haven't watched any videos of the incident? That was a sickeningly brutal beatdown of a teenage girl by 2 very large, physically full-grown people. Simmons belongs in jail and should be banned from college football and the NFL.

http://deadspin.com/five-star-mississippi-state-recruit-apologizes-after-vi-1767323806

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The tone of this post seems really off to me

Mar 27, 2016, 9:31 AM

The young man can apologize until the cows come home...it's pointless. There is no justification for his actions. Frankly, apologies are overdone...they do zero for the victim...ZERO.

He needs serious 'medicine'...and Mississippi State would be very short-sighted in honoring his scholarship. It's that serious...period.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely they both need jail time***

Mar 27, 2016, 9:41 AM [ in reply to The tone of this post seems really off to me ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The tone of this post seems really off to me

Mar 27, 2016, 11:37 AM [ in reply to The tone of this post seems really off to me ]

To me this appears to be gang. Everyone in red but the girl getting beat up by a violent thug. From videos it appears she and the rather large girl in red were fighting and the girl in blue was winning. He goes over to assist his girl in red and starts beating her up. To both girls should be arrested and this thug should be hung. He's not going to change this is apparently the life style in this group. Look at the small age (about 4) standing right next to the girl getting beat up at the end. Just setting an example to this child

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Hung? That's a little... umm... extreme.***

Mar 28, 2016, 8:16 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Five-star Mississippi State signee apologizes after striking a woman

Mar 27, 2016, 10:07 AM

Yea this guy should never get to play football again. He belongs in jail. No excuse for this at all. Swing on a FEMALE that's on the ground already, poor excuse for a man

Thanks for pointing out the video. I did not see it. All of you are right!

Mar 27, 2016, 10:25 AM

This kid is a thug gang member type kid. Very little he can do at this point to change that. I would not want him at Clemson for sure. I don't care if he is a 10 star talent.

I would bet he plays for Miss State if he does not go to jail or gets himself killed over this incident or gets into more trouble.

Will Ole Miss and Miss St become the Dallas Cowboys of college football???

Re: Thanks for pointing out the video. I did not see it. All of you are right!

Mar 27, 2016, 10:56 AM

Dabo would have this guy gone in less than a heart beat. There is no place at Clemson for this of individual.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2016, 11:31 AM

Joke of a school, joke of a program. Do people actually pay for a degree from Mississippi State? How much could that possibly be worth outside the state of Mississippi. The entire program should be banned for the retarded cowbells. If I was forced to go to school there I would not go to games for that reason. We thought Woo Hooing was bad, they take their traditions to an entirely different level of annoying and stupid. If a 5 star ends up at Mississippi State something is very wrong with the situation.

Mar 27, 2016, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks for pointing out the video. I did not see it. All of you are right! ]

In all fairness he did allow a player to stay on the team after going upside a fellow female students head with a towel rod....

Mar 28, 2016, 8:57 AM

Link to the video?

Happy Easter. As Jesus says "No forgiveness ever for you."

Mar 27, 2016, 11:26 AM

Looks like assault to me from the video - hopefully the legal system gets it right.

My guess if Miss State drops him, then he will end up at Louisville playing for Petrino.

He'll get a second chance as that is part of our Christian culture. My guess is that he'll f' it up.

"PETRINO, PITINO it's a...

Mar 27, 2016, 1:32 PM

sex #### recruiting party BABY!!!!!!! This is #### Vitale reporting from Louisville"

Mar 27, 2016, 11:33 AM

This is unreal. My nephews are my immediate family members. They are one of my number one joys. But I can't think of anything someone else could say that would make me lash out on them like that. Step away and be the bigger person. He released his anger and pain on someone smaller than him. Unacceptable.....and something he is likely to do all his life.....especially if he does not get help.

Re: What kind of help

Mar 27, 2016, 11:49 AM

for someone who does this. I suppose it's possible. Certainly some strong negative reinforcement.

Re: What kind of help

Mar 27, 2016, 12:07 PM

Honestly, I am not in mental health care.....I would hope for anyone that there is help. His future looks bleak as of right now.

What if the woman in the video had a knife or gun 10 seconds

Mar 27, 2016, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: What kind of help ]

before the start and was threatening the other woman? Does stand your ground apply? Is the player a hero for disarming the woman?

There is not likely the case - but law enforcement needs to do a full investigation. There could be more to the story.

For example, when presented with a short video of law enforcement arresting someone, many are quick to conclude and make a judgement of excessive force. What preceded the arrest? Was law enforcement threatened or did the person flee or resist arrest?

My guess is that this case is what it seems to be - a big guy hitting a woman on the ground. But before making any conclusions, more information is needed.

SMH in any case when folks jump to conclusions. I have been wrong more times than I'm willing to admit.

Re: What if the woman in the video had a knife or gun 10 seconds

Mar 27, 2016, 12:41 PM

There is a longer video at the end that shows more of the before and after. The woman in blue originally was fighting with a different woman. When he first gets into the fight, I think he was maybe actually trying to pull them apart. But you see where that ended up leading.

That's former Durham Co. DA Mike Nifong waving at you

Mar 27, 2016, 1:07 PM [ in reply to What if the woman in the video had a knife or gun 10 seconds ]

from his new career

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep I incorrectly judged the Duke lacrosse players in that one.***

Mar 27, 2016, 4:14 PM

Mar 27, 2016, 1:29 PM [ in reply to What if the woman in the video had a knife or gun 10 seconds ]

No need to wonder what if.. Just scroll a little farther down the linked page and there's a longer video.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2016, 5:18 PM [ in reply to What if the woman in the video had a knife or gun 10 seconds ]

Hmmmm......if the woman in blue had been threatening someone with a gun or a knife, do you think he would write a formal apology directly to her for his actions?

No, even if he disarmed the woman it wouldn't justify

Mar 28, 2016, 8:19 AM [ in reply to What if the woman in the video had a knife or gun 10 seconds ]

continuing to beat her senseless while she's on the ground.

Mar 27, 2016, 12:01 PM

Wellllll , since he say he sorry .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Louisville bound***

Mar 27, 2016, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They will have to outbid Auburn.***

Mar 28, 2016, 8:19 AM

SEC, SEC, SEC***

Mar 27, 2016, 1:30 PM

How does a group of 50 people stand around - WITH SMALL

Mar 28, 2016, 8:18 AM

CHILDREN WATCHING - and let two women get into a fist fight ?

Tells you all you need to know.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic