Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“First Responders” Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

“First Responders” Question

Sep 15, 2018, 9:49 AM

Coots are complaining that we are using “first responders” that could be down at the coast.

My question is if we did cancel the game what would these people be doing? My guess is sitting around waiting for the storm to stop and the waters to subside

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “First Responders” Question

Sep 15, 2018, 9:54 AM

IPTAY reports normal law enforcement presence in/around Clemson is about 250 officers, but today we’ll only have ~100, thus the requests for patience, arriving early, and clearing lots promptly afterward.

Everybody be safe and have a great time!

GO TIGERS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

they would be simply waiting for the storm to hit later

Sep 15, 2018, 9:55 AM

Some have to stay in this area anyway because the storm will indeed pass through the upstate tonight and tomorrow.

If all first responders were absolutely needed for this

Sep 15, 2018, 9:57 AM

storm, there is zero chance they would be allowed to work this game. It's not like Clemson is in control of that decision. You're not gonna see the Governor say, "well we wanted more first responders down in the low country to help the situation, but Clemson wouldn't let us because they had a football game so we were shorthanded." That's just nonsense to think!

Re: If all first responders were absolutely needed for this

Sep 15, 2018, 10:19 AM

True but really all you have to do is look at who is complaining about it. The coots aren’t really known for thinking logically, or thinking at all really.

You are going to hurt your brain if you try to apply

Sep 15, 2018, 10:08 AM

logic and reason to their claims.

"First responder" is a very general term. It is doubtful that "first responders" from the upstate would go to the coast. Upstate agencies may send small teams if help was requested from the affected area.

Speaking from personal experience, I am a season ticket holder and appreciate that Clemson is playing the game today. I am also a National Guardsman and have been placed on State Active Duty for hurricane response. We are preparing for high water rescue in the midlands and the western part of the state if needed.

It is highly probable that Clemson would have cancelled the game if law enforcement resources were needed elsewhere.

You have to remember that there was a lot of hype involved in this hurricane coverage by the media and it has drawn an emotional response-rational or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If anyone in SC needs the services of a first responder...

Sep 15, 2018, 10:15 AM

it's the coots. They are the walking dead and don't even know it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “First Responders” Question

Sep 15, 2018, 10:23 AM

I am a paramedic in charleston and we are just sitting around doing nothing. Go Tigers! Glad the game is on.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic