Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Cobbler for us . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

First Cobbler for us . . .

Jul 21, 2020, 5:09 PM

Made a run to Cotton Hill Farms last week. Best peaches in the area I cover (GA, SC, NC and VA)!!! They are located on Lowry Hwy north of Chester, SC.

Jeff Wilson and his 2 Clemson graduate sons do a wonderful job growing a full line of vegetables, along with their PEACHES!!! I promise you, you’ll find no better anywhere!!!

If you’re in the area, you’ll thank me if you stop!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mmm...mercy!

Jul 21, 2020, 5:17 PM

That's a top-shelf 'Yum' there!

The blueberries and cherries have been outstanding, too, this year. The house we sold earlier this year had a peach tree and blueberry bushes...and a fig tree. My wife can make pies with a crust to die for, so I made it my mission to figure out how to have her make the pies, then freeze them for 'out of season' baking. Nothing like a fresh fruit pie in the dead of winter! We'd have four or five stacked in the freezer waiting for their shot in the oven!

Over-dosing on home-grown tomatoes currently...and shamelessly! Makes the heat all worthwhile!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mmm...mercy!

Jul 21, 2020, 5:52 PM

Don't ruin those maters with anything but Dukes mayonnaise

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mmm...mercy!

Jul 21, 2020, 6:10 PM

Fear not! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cotton Hill has awesome tomatoes also!!!

Jul 21, 2020, 7:46 PM

Those who live in that area are so blessed . . . I drive 125 miles one way to buy from them . . . Try to tie my trips in with work as often as possible!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are making me envious...***

Jul 21, 2020, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Mmm...mercy! ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Grandma would pies out of any fruit

Jul 21, 2020, 5:52 PM

some wild sounding ones, like scuppernong, wild strawberry, pomegranate, etc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: First Cobbler for us . . .

Jul 21, 2020, 5:58 PM

You ever gotten any Peaches or Strawberries from McLeod Farms in McBee,SC?Their Peaches are so good,both Cling and Freestones and they got all kinds of varieties from June till September.

Jul 21, 2020, 6:51 PM

You ever gotten any Peaches or Strawberries from McLeod Farms in McBee,SC?Their Peaches are so good,both Cling and Freestones and they got all kinds of varieties from June till September.

Back in the early 70's the speed limit in town was 25, got a ticket one night for 30......he knew I wouldn't show up for court

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 21, 2020, 7:15 PM

Yea McBee,SC is definitely a speed trap and you never know where SCHP is hiding around there as they have so many places to do so.I watch my speed limit thru there when I'm on my way to Rock Hill and York.

Yes Indeed I have . . . Kent McLeod does

Jul 21, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: First Cobbler for us . . . ]

a great job also . . . but the peaches from Chester are better . . . In my opinion . . . and everyone has one I’m told!!!

Jul 21, 2020, 6:01 PM

To all of you boasting of the best cobblers, pies, cakes, etc, I offer my services free of charge to sample your wares for conformation.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 6:17 PM

Gonna call my momma and tell her Inneed to slap-her! Dang Skeet! Makin my mouth water!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 8:08 PM

You're making me hungry!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Damm that looks good.

Jul 21, 2020, 8:09 PM

One of the biggest things I miss (among many) is my mom's strawberry cobbler. As with many of the things she cooked, as she got older, I tried to record her recipes so they wouldn't die when she did. It was impossible. She measured almost nothing and did it by taste and feel and 86 years of experience. A pinch more of this, a smidgen of that... constantly fine-tuning until it was perfect. I finally gave up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic