Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
First 2020 Mock Class: February 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

First 2020 Mock Class: February 2019

Feb 7, 2019, 1:55 PM

I never see mock classes on here, but with 2019 officially over, and all eyes on the 2020 class, I thought we could continue to build our excitement with a loaded mock that’s also pretty realistic. Let’s try and keep it going every month as things change and matriculate!

2020 Clemson Mock #1

QB (1)
5* DJ Uiagalelei #7 ovr/#1 pos

RB (2)
5* Demarkcus Bowman #33 ovr/#5 pos
4* Jaylan Knighton #111 ovr/#11 pos

WR (3)
5* Julian Fleming #5 ovr/#1 pos
4* EJ Williams #216 ovr/#40 pos
3* Xzavier Henderson #410 ovr/#76 pos

TE (1)
5* Arik Gilbert #8 ovr/#1 pos

OT (5)
4* Paul Tchio COMMITTED; #150 ovr/#20 pos
4* John Williams COMMITTED; #319 ovr/#33 pos
4* Walker Parks COMMITTED; #329 ovr/#35 pos
4* Mitchell Mayes #88 ovr/#9 pos
4* Bryn Tucker #68 ovr/#5 pos

SDE (2-3)
5* Bryan Bresee #1 ovr/#1 pos
5* Myles Murphy #13 ovr/#2 pos
5* Jordan Burch #22 ovr/#3 pos

LB (3)
4* Sergio Allen (ILB) COMMITTED; #136 ovr/#3 pos
4* Kevin Swint (OLB) COMMITTED; #194 ovr/#10 pos
5* Antoine Sampah (ILB) #21 ovr/#2 pos

CB (2-3)
5* Fred Davis II #30 ovr/#3 pos
4* Henry Gray #48 ovr/#5 pos
4* Keshawn Lawrence #73 ovr/#8 pos

S (2)
4* Chris Thompson Jr. #104 ovr/#5 pos
3* Tyler Venables #771 ovr/#40 pos

Oversigns
-5* Sav’ell Smalls, #4 ovr/#1 pos: Listed as an outside linebacker, but could see Clemson pushing for a Weak Side DEnd/Edge Rusher role.

-4* Daniyel Ngata, #107 ovr/#9 pos: Younger brother of Joe Ngata. Can play RB or DB; think we might take just because Dabo raved about the Ngata family and how much he admires them

-5* Rakim Jarrett, #26 ovr/#4 pos: Until he visits I’m not penciling him in, but he seems to really like Clemson, plays with commit Tre Williams, and is good friends with DJ U. I think he would replace X. Henderson if he wanted to join

-4* RJ Mickens, #38 ovr/#1 pos: I was skeptical of putting Fred Davis in the class, but Anna’s intel this morning gave me enough confidence to put him there for now. But, if we don’t land Davis, I think we take Chris Thompson anyways, and take Mickens as an “oversign,” but really as a hybrid guy who could double as a corner/nickel player.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First 2020 Mock Class: February 2019

Feb 7, 2019, 1:56 PM

Forgot to include, but right now everyone is saying the class will be somewhere between about 18-24 guys, without any attrition, such as transfers, etc. This mock projects 22-23.

Feb 7, 2019, 2:01 PM

Arik Gilbert, Smalls, Murphy, Mickens we need to make up some ground before I can be comfortable with us getting, Murphy is a worry for me due to Burch and Bresee and Gilbert is a worry because he from Georgia and UGA will do what's needed (to put it nicely) to land a TE of that caliber.

Feb 7, 2019, 2:03 PM

DT?

Are we done with Capeheart and Williams?

Feb 7, 2019, 2:04 PM

I believe he just skipped over them, 2020 is pacing the best start we've ever had to a recruiting cycle it's easy to get lost.

Feb 7, 2019, 3:38 PM

No, we are likely finished at DT with Capehart and Williams. Timothy Smith and Cole Brevard would be great, but spots are already limited, so they’re not takes at the moment. Myles Murphy projects inside, and Bresee may eventually move inside as well. Both are pushing 290 lbs as juniors

Feb 8, 2019, 12:01 AM

I really hope we get Smith and/or Brevard. I realize that’s a lot of DTs in one class, but we’re thin at that position and this is a strong DT class.

I don’t think we’ll get Murphy. I’d be thrilled to get Burch and Bresee. I’ve heard that Bresee doesn’t want to move inside and I imagine Dabo would honor his wishes. Cowan is another possibility at DE. Any 2 of those 4 would be great.

What about Lambert at WR?

Message was edited by: MTPTiger2

Feb 8, 2019, 10:04 AM

I think we like Williams more than Lambert at the moment, and Williams seems more than likely a Clemson lean, if not lock

Feb 7, 2019, 2:05 PM

so why do you pencil Fleming in when you say you don't pencil Jarrett in until he visits?

Feb 7, 2019, 3:36 PM

Feel a lot better with Fleming than Jarrett. I think even if Jarrett visits we still have ground to make up. I feel Fleming is quietly down to Penn State/Clemson

Feb 8, 2019, 12:02 AM

Can you edit to add DT? It’s a great list!

Feb 8, 2019, 8:25 AM

Personally I think this is possible although rather unlikely and a bit homerish.

QB - DJ. Think things are looking good and we could receive a commitment at the spring game.
RB - Knighton seems likely. Bowman will be a dogfight.
WR - I think we will land Eddie Williams. Xzavier Henderson less likely but think we lead. Fleming will be tough but not impossible.
TE - Gilbert will a tough land imo. But we are trending up.
OL - agree with your prediction as of now. Would be an elite group.
DL - I think we land Burch and Bresee. Murphy will be a battle. So as of now I would say 2 of 3. I think we add Brevard still.
LB - We have 2 good ones. Add Sampah and we are fine.
CB - We seem to be in good shape with all three but my guess is we land 2 of them.
S - Thompson won't be easy but my gut feeling is we are in better shape with him than Mickens. Ultimately I think we break the Texas drought with Thompson or Mickens.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:12 AM

I agree on Bowman, Florida will fight as hard as they can, but Clemson247 did report that Clemson was the offer Bowman was waiting on, so we shall see. Knighton is a lock if we give him the go ahead.

Fleming will be tough to pull away from Penn State, but out of all the toss ups I feel the best about him. Rakim Jarrett is a long shot.

Gilbert is a longggg shot to steal from UGA, but I’m not eliminating us yet. I put him there mainly because we need to take a TE, and he is the priority.

Murphy will also be hard to get away from UGA, but Coach Bates has done a great job here. It’s very close at the moment.

Bresee and Burch would be insane. I would love to add a DT, preferably Brevard because he is very versatile and could bounce to WDE if needed. However, its all contingent on numbers. Right now, we wouldn’t take another DT. Depending on how the rest of the class shapes out though, we might take 1 more.

I don’t feel great about Mickens. Dabo did make a special visit to see him, but he’s an Ohio State lean right now. Thompson really likes Clemson, so I feel cautiously optimistic about breaking the Texas curse.

Reallyyyyy hoping we add Sampah at LB, and then try and swing Sav’ell Smalls to play WDE/Edge role. He loves Clemson, and even visited for Dabo Camp on his own dime last year so he’s definitely interested. We’re not really in it for any WDE’s, only Strong Side, so it’s worth a shot.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:31 AM

Looks more like a wish list than anything else. This list would be dramatically better than any in Clemson's history.

To me the most important players are DJ, Bresee, and Fleming. These 3 are special players that separate from even the better players in the 2020 class.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic