Topic: Fire Brownell!
Replies: 22   Last Post: Jan 12, 2019 3:22 PM by: BloodbeOrange®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 22  

Fire Brownell!

[1]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 1:52 PM

One decent year ain’t gone get you outta the gutter !

Re: Fire Brownell!

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 1:55 PM

Yeah I think we are stuck with him now. Aren't we? I would imagine next year will be his last.

2019 white level member

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 1:58 PM

Yep depending on how much the buyout is? We will be awful with all these young guards and no Eli.

Yeah, I’m horrified at what next year might look like.***

[1]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 1:59 PM

Brownell is a nice guy but honestly

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 2:02 PM

anyone on this thread could have coached that today. I really thought last year was the turning point.

[1]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 1:57 PM

Get some guys who can put the ball in basket ! You can’t miss layups at this level ! Not even at the church league level !

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Get some guys who can put the ball in basket ! You can’t miss layups at this level ! Not even at the church league level !

Man, you're serious abou this aren't you.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 2:07 PM

And well you should be.

Pitiful.

Re: Man, you're serious abou this aren't you.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 2:56 PM

No one (not even Coach K) can coach non-shooters. Brownell needs to figure out how to recruit some shooters and how he can create controlled chaos on the court to upset the opponent because the standard Xs and Os aren't working with this team.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 2:17 PM

So you’re saying we need to get some guys who can put the ball in the basket, can’t miss layups and this won’t even work at the church league level? I think I understand.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 2:45 PM

You can say that again....and again.....and again.....and again.....and again.....

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 2:10 PM

I am all for firing him----this year---not next. For a "great basketball mind" this guy has never impressed me in the least!

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Cool down y'all. Look on the bright side, we weren't held UNDER 40 this time against UVA. To beat UVA, you rain 3 pointers. UMBC did that shooting 50% from 3 land.

Reed isn't healthy... and it is showing. Things are not flowing with him and other mistakes follow. Andd without other consistent "lean on them" scorers like DeVoe (or even Grantham when available), you are going to struggle... worse, against a team like UVA. Thomas and Mitchell can't carry this team. Worse, without a strong 3 threat... it is going to be tough. Last year was a balanced score but we still made over 36% from 3 but this year we are sub 32%. Shoot in the last four games we mad only 2 from beyond the arc combined.

This team is missing in significant areas. Yes, Brownell owns that fault but considering we are even 10 wins at this time is good coaching but boy, it is a flawed team at the 3 point in a "era" of deep shooting.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 3:22 PM

This BS thread took awhile.... More to a program than a few games in a year we lost significant talent from the previous class.

2019 white level member

Replies: 22  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Six section Q together. $8200 for the six. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1171 people have read this post