Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum just said......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,344

Finebaum just said......

Apr 12, 2014, 1:39 PM

....on ESPNU that "incredibly", Dabo got an eight year extention after losing five straight to his rival. Basically inferred that it wouldn't happen anywhere else but Clemson, even questioning the announcers (former ACC/SEC players) about how it would never happen at their schools. I guess he doesn't like the Tigers now, after spending the entire fall ripping the Gamecocks (calling Clowney a "complete joke"), and earning the ire of Tanner and Spurrier. I think Tanner actually reported him to commish at some point. Now old Paul is kissing butts and babies in Columbia, so I guess all is nice and forgiven.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what a little ratfink***

Apr 12, 2014, 1:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's admitted He's an idiot***

Apr 12, 2014, 1:58 PM

Clemson

Not a Finebaum fan ... but true ALA, AUB, MICH, OSU, TX,

Apr 12, 2014, 2:12 PM

Oklahoma, Fla, FSU, and many other traditional powerhouses would not extend head coach with a huge raise after being out coached 5 yrs in a row by in-state rival. I'm an '84 alum and Dabo fan and agree with Finebaum. Love or Dabo or not, what he said is a fact. This makes Rad either a genius or just a guy spending other people's money. That said, I look for Dabo and Clemson Football to right the ship this year in November. Anything less than 11-2 with a win against South Carolina will be a disappointing year. I like what I am seeing and expect 11-2 or 12-1 if the coaches and players take care of business to their talent level. Appreciate it will take a lot of work to make it happen, but with our coaching salaries and facilities we have built-in advantages most of our competition drool over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John coopers record against Michigan was awful***

Apr 12, 2014, 2:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John coopers record against Michigan was awful***

Apr 12, 2014, 2:23 PM

Exactly, it's not Dabos fault SC is a top ten program. This isn't the same SC program Bowden, West, or Hatfield went up against.

Re: John coopers record against Michigan was awful***

Apr 12, 2014, 3:50 PM

> Exactly, it's not Dabos fault SC is a top ten
> program. This isn't the same SC program Bowden, West,
> or Hatfield went up against.

In defense of those questioning Dabo's contract extension, this isn't the same ACC those other coaches faced either.

There was a time when Virginia, UNC, NC State, VT, BC, Miami, GT and even Maryland had football teams that spent a lot of time in the Top 25 and even some time in the Top 10. Not a dang one of those schools except VT and Miami have spent more than a few weeks in the Top 25 at any time in the last 5 years (going on memory here).

This has been one POS football conference for a few years now. It appears to be turning some. Obviously FSU is getting it done in spades, UNC is turning it around and the addition of Louisville is huge from a football and basketball perspective. Louisville will be a force in the conference for a while.

Dabo's winning championships and beating teams

Apr 12, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to John coopers record against Michigan was awful*** ]

with a much better pedigree than the coots. I'll keep him.

The worm will turn.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Phil Fulmer at Tenn got off to a rough start against Florida***

Apr 12, 2014, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Not a Finebaum fan ... but true ALA, AUB, MICH, OSU, TX, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches don't execute football plays, players do. This is

Apr 12, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Not a Finebaum fan ... but true ALA, AUB, MICH, OSU, TX, ]

one of the common misconceptions and illusions of most team sports since it's inception. People listen to the moneymaking garbage and entertainment of talking heads for decade after decade and take this simple fact for granted.

Same thing in most Executive politics. Sure, coaches motivate, coach, discipline, inspire, and market to the press. But Head Coaches are figure heads for the most part. We lost to Usc from 2009-2011 because we lacked some experience & depth on the roster going through personel / recruiting transitions. This is one reason why our Bowden helmed teams were beating Spurrier helmed teams (and we had better players / more complete depth chart).

We lost the last 2 because our players made more mistakes on the field than theirs did.

Re: Not a Finebaum fan ... but true ALA, AUB, MICH, OSU, TX,

Apr 12, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Not a Finebaum fan ... but true ALA, AUB, MICH, OSU, TX, ]

> Anything less than 11-2
> with a win against South Carolina will be a
> disappointing year.

Whoa! Really?
Lose the two most productive offensive guys in Clemson history, 5 teams on the schedule preseason Top 25 and you want a better record than last year or it will be a disappointment?

That is setting the bar pretty high.

We are not those schools. We have to keep what we can get***

Apr 12, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Not a Finebaum fan ... but true ALA, AUB, MICH, OSU, TX, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum just said......

Apr 12, 2014, 2:32 PM

I have to agree with him. I can't think of another big time school today that would give that kind of an extension after being soundly trounced by your rival 5 times in a row. I was very much against the length and buyout of the extension.

Yeah

Apr 12, 2014, 2:47 PM

It's not like Dabo is succeeding at a higher level than basically every coach in Clemson history or anything like that...oh, wait..

Re: Yeah

Apr 12, 2014, 3:43 PM

Dabo is becoming a very fine coach, and has had a great start, but it's a little early to be comparing him to legends like Ford, Howard, or Heisman. Yes, he's maybe had more 10 win seasons, but until the last 15-20 years most teams barely played 9 or 10 games, including a bowl. There were only 5-7 bowls in those eras, so very few teams had a chance to play in one.I think that some Tiger fans were so happy with Dabo for finally ending the 20 year ACC title drought, that he became an instant savior in their eyes. People forget that Frank Howard won 6 ACC titles in a dozen years or so from the mid-50's to the mid-60's. Dabo's one places him in the same category with Hatfield and Pell. Don't get me wrong! Dabo has done an excellent job for the Tigers in his short 5+ years, but longevity paired with consistency will most assuredly place him among the all-time Tiger greats.

What's your opinion on that, cocklover?

Apr 12, 2014, 2:45 PM

Should one of the most successful, perhaps even second most successful coach in Clemson history not be rewarded for it?

On the other hand, when is Sack going to win that SEC championship he spoke about 9 years ago? Are you #### folks happy with only beating Clemson?

Re: What's your opinion on that, cocklover?

Apr 12, 2014, 3:31 PM

Nah, we are happy with three 11 win seasons
we are happy with 3 top ten finishes
we are happy with our players, our facilities, our coaches and our future
as far as beating Clemson, the tide has turned. We expect to win, you hope to win.
Have a nice day

Uh oh, if that's the case.....

Apr 12, 2014, 3:40 PM

You're not gonna be very happy this year.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have a nice day***

Apr 12, 2014, 3:41 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's your opinion on that, cocklover?

Apr 12, 2014, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: What's your opinion on that, cocklover? ]

18cooters has it that not actually winning anything of significance is fine by the gruntstains ...as long as they beat Clemson.
Well If that is all Spurrier is gonna get ya then wet ya whistle my friend because actual accomplishment seems to be a slippery pig down in dumpster-town.

DB23

the 8 year extention is a bit misleading

Apr 12, 2014, 2:45 PM

unless you believe his contract ended last season

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Apr 12, 2014, 2:54 PM

level below coot

I have often heard that SOS is the biggest...

Apr 12, 2014, 4:02 PM

arsehole on the face of the earth but that is not true. That distinction belongs to Paul Finebaum. He lives to stir the pot and foment unrest.

Finebaum is a salesman selling one product,

Apr 13, 2014, 10:49 AM

the SEC. There is no point in ever asking him a question because you will always get the same answer and the truth plays no role in his response. He is as worthless as they come.

He is a self proclaimed idiot, but that is not true. He is liar not an idiot. He is smart guy, but you will never hear the truth only his SEC sales pitch. He sees Dabo and Clemson as competition to his SEC - he would love to see us can him because of the SCar loses. Helps his cause.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum just said......

Apr 13, 2014, 10:53 AM

Finebaum=little girl rants not to be taken with a grade of slaw

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,344
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic