Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feel better about winning this year than 2015/2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Feel better about winning this year than 2015/2016

Jan 6, 2019, 9:40 AM

What about you guys?

Which year did you have more confidence and less stress about outcome of the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feel better about winning this year than 2015/2016

Jan 6, 2019, 9:49 AM

Ask me tomorrow night after the game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:50 AM

2015 - felt ok about the game. If Mac, Lawson, et al. would’ve been healthy, this is the game I’d have felt the best about. 60% win prob.

2016 - I thought DW4 and MW would have to play well. Turns out it would take MW, DC8, HR13, and JL16. 50% win prob.

2017 - Although I didn’t think this team was quite as strong as 15 and 16, I thought Bama wasn’t nearly as good as usual. 40% win prob.

This year I feel more like 2016. It can happen but several guys will need to step up.

Jan 6, 2019, 9:52 AM

Clemson has the LOS to go toe-to-toe with Bama. The game might be decided by the one-on-one matchups with WR & DB. The 50/50 balls....whomever gets the most of those plays probably wins this game. Clemson needs to start fast though. Don't let Bama get up by 2 scores early and try to dig out from a hole.

Jan 6, 2019, 9:51 AM

I know Clemson can win this game. I think it comes down to TL. Is the moment too big, and does Alabama rattle him physically? This game will have ups and downs, how does he handle them?

Jan 6, 2019, 10:04 AM

I do, even though that scares me.

I really thought it was ours in '15. It just seemed meant to be. That game was probably one of, if not the, most exciting games I've ever watched -- despite the outcome. Then the '16 game started out not so good. I remember thinking several times during the game that we may win it, but I wasn't having as much fun as I did in '15. Of course that all changed in the 4th quarter. Best quarter of college football ever!!! I think every Clemson fan knew -- and perhaps Bama fans too -- that two minutes was just enough time for DW4.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 1:49 PM

I was the most confident AND the most stressed in 2015. Although confident, the fact that we had not played for the title in so long, and that there was no guarantee we would get another opportunity any time soon, made the thought of us possibly losing extremely stressful.

The biggest difference this year, is that I am less optimistic about the possibility of our running the ball early. I would be far more confident if we could just line up and run it.

So far, 2016 and this year are pretty close in terms of stress. The way I feel tomorrow should break the tie.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jan 6, 2019, 1:53 PM

My main concerns are:

BV getting the defensive play calls in quickly so the secondary doesn't get caught in busted coverages.

Ball security

The punter mismatch. That's the one area Bama has a clear advantage.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic