Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fans lets not take the coots for granted. Remember 1980 and The “Orange Pants”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Fans lets not take the coots for granted. Remember 1980 and The “Orange Pants”

Nov 22, 2017, 3:23 AM

It is just like muschump to try and pull a rabbit out of his butt or do something to get the coot fans going crazy muschump will do most anything to keep us out of the NC playoffs and a possible repeat as NC’s and to win this game. So our fans must be louder, and let the team know we are behind them 110%. Lets be the12th man at Willy B Saturday night. Let’s make it 4 in a row!

For fans who do not know the Orange Pants story it’s worth the research. In 1980 SC was ranked # 14 and headed to the Gator Bowl. ( A time when it meant something to go bowling ) We were 5-5 with DF’s job on the line. And most fans know the rest of the DF story. His accomplishments shows how much Danny Ford means to Clemson University and it’s history. DF finished his Tiger coaching career with a 16-2 record in the Orange Pants.

I have heard rumors many times from several sources, that when SC’s HC Jim Carlen saw Clemson’s players coming down the hill in those Orange Pants, he made the comment ( I think we just lost the game or something similar to that )

If the link below does not work just google 1980 vs SC and Orange Pants. Look for 247 Sports about the Orange Pants.

Great article:

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Remember-When-1980-Clemson-Carolina-104375896

Let’s Go Tigers keep it full throttle all night Saturday at the Roach Motel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1980 ... one of the very few real "upsets" in the rivalry.

Nov 22, 2017, 8:05 AM

The slightly favored team has often lost, but a double digit favorite losing has been rare as hen's teeth.

It certainly can happen, as the Tigers proved in 1980.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also known as "The Willie Underwood Game".

Nov 22, 2017, 8:19 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans lets not take the coots for granted. Remember 1980 and The “Orange Pants”

Nov 22, 2017, 8:58 AM

Good article, thanks for posting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just don't see the Chickens wearing Orange Pants

Nov 22, 2017, 9:04 AM

Literally or figuratively.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans lets not take the coots for granted. Remember 1980 and The “Orange Pants”

Nov 22, 2017, 9:08 AM

Another article about the game...

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article14415233.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic