Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Facts of Life
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 965

Facts of Life

Mar 10, 2016, 10:06 AM

BB or any player should not be the scapegoat for what IS Clemson Basketball. It has been this way for 50 years. It is just a fact of life. No one is to blame here. When it got cut to 10 pts. I knew the outcome right then. I have suffered with this scenario all my life in basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Facts of Life

Mar 10, 2016, 10:08 AM

true and really didit matter. not going anywhere and all the "this draw looks good us" sounded like the fans at the beginning of movie Major League

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 10:10 AM

BB is responsible for not changing the D to zone and stopping the terrible display of man to man that we were playing. The guy is a nice guy and we all know where they finish
Except Dabo

Simply not true.***

Mar 10, 2016, 10:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 10:12 AM

You take the good you take the bad and there you have............

You must be a coot, right?

Mar 10, 2016, 10:18 AM

You smell like chicken sh!t and feathers so I'm guessing yes. Disclaimer.....You fired the first shot....I'm just returning fire, coot.

Re: You must be a coot, right?

Mar 10, 2016, 10:19 AM

LOL you got me

Mar 10, 2016, 10:13 AM

Now granted, I didn't grow up in South Carolina, but I discovered Clemson when I was a sophomore in high school in upstate NY, which was 94-95. Now prior to Brownell coming to campus, Clemson participated in post season tournaments in 11 of those 16 years. Brownell will be in postseason tournaments 2 out of his 6 years.

Since the tourney expanded in 1985, I don't think there is anything wrong with the floor being Clemson having a perennial top 80 or top 85 team.

I know what happened in the old days, but Ellis started this program in the right direction, and Barnes and Purnell continued it. Shyatt and Brownell are the outliers.

Mar 10, 2016, 10:16 AM

Spot on, good post

That history is because we haven't committed to basketball success.

Mar 10, 2016, 10:18 AM

Hire a legitimately successful coach, pay him well, and give him what he needs. He will be successful here.

It's amazing how much better Dabo recruited once we gave him great facilities and allowed him to assemble the staff he needed. The same is true for basketball, but on a smaller scale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 9
| visibility 965
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic