Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Facts about our basketball program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,959

Facts about our basketball program

Jan 8, 2013, 11:38 PM

We have 5 consecutive .500 or better seasons in the ACC for the first time in school history coming in to this year.

This year we have the youngest team in school history. Of our 12 scholarship players, 10 are underclassmen, 6 of those are in their first year at Clemson.

Of those 10 underclassmen, 2 of the most promising,Coleman and Blossingame, are injured and out for the year.

Even our best teams have never beaten a number 1 team on the road.

Our teams all-time have won a total of 5 games in Durham and Chapel Hole

Our best teams have always been loaded with upperclassmen

It's not as bad as many are painting it, in fact, we should have expected this with nothing but freshmen and sophs. It's not Larry Shyatt II

It will get better, this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One concern I have is what appears to be a lack of

Jan 9, 2013, 12:07 AM

any sort of inside game once Booker and Jennings leave. Sullivan was a 4-star recruit, and some games he doesn't even see the court. Nnoko's big, but he doesn't have an offensive game to speak of...and we haven't seen much of Smith either. Then when you look at the commitments we have for next year so far, all we have is two more 6'3 guards. They seem to be fine players, but as TJ Sapp's decision to leave showed us, we seem to have enough players at 6'3 and smaller. When Coleman comes back next season, we'll have six players 6'3 or smaller.

I'm starting to think we'll be going to a 3-guard offense with McDaniels and Blossomgame playing what would be the PF, while Nnoko and Smith are the Centers. I would feel a lot better with an undersized lineup though if our players were better 3-point shooters.

Re: One concern I have is what appears to be a lack of

Jan 9, 2013, 8:01 AM

I remember Sykes and Akimbala (sp) and Bobo not having much of an inside game when they were young as well.

Give Nnoko and Smith time. They are FRESHMEN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I know we're heavily involved with at least 2 bigs for

Jan 9, 2013, 9:07 AM [ in reply to One concern I have is what appears to be a lack of ]

the spring signing period. As of now can only sign 1, unless someone transfers out. That is the concern for next year. I do see Nnoko and Smith both improving a great deal over the off season. This staff can develop people. We knew they were both very raw coming in to this year. Blossomgame will have to play 4 next year unless Sullivan makes a major jump. He's been a real disappointment. As poor as Jennings has been he should be earning plenty of his minutes.

no big man = you lose a lot of games.***

Jan 9, 2013, 11:17 AM [ in reply to One concern I have is what appears to be a lack of ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have never won in chapel hill in mens basketball***

Jan 9, 2013, 6:55 AM

and with the 5 wins in Durham, that's 5 total

Jan 9, 2013, 9:10 AM

Just a number to show we have been historically atrocious against the leagues 2 top teams

Next year might be just as bad before it gets better,

Jan 9, 2013, 7:30 AM

Booker will be really missed. WE really have no inside power game once he is gone.

Will need to recruit a inside power big man bad.

Re: Next year might be just as bad before it gets better,

Jan 9, 2013, 8:02 AM

Nnoko is going to be good right now he is just very very raw.

null

FINALLY A NON IDIOT CLEMSON BASKETBALL MANGER!!! Thank you.***

Jan 9, 2013, 8:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Brownlee needs to be recruiting those

Jan 9, 2013, 8:15 AM

McDonald's all americans. He's stupid for not doing it, we would be the best ever. He don't know nothing about basketball. His boring offense would never get a good player, I don't care if it is a pretty common offense that top teams run. He needs to recruit NBA players, he sucks.

You shut up Mike Patrick.

Jan 9, 2013, 8:16 AM

We need to start recruiting some one and done guys with this phrase..."you can be the first Clemson team ever to beat UNC @ UNC."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You shut up Mike Patrick.

Jan 9, 2013, 11:20 AM

gonna have to get deeper pockets and lower our admission standards to get the really good one and doners, just sayin

You think cold, hard facts will silence this crowd?***

Jan 9, 2013, 9:23 AM

Yea, but 10 points in the first half? Are you kidding me???*

Jan 9, 2013, 11:09 AM

--

Regardless, Clemson needs to invest more in basketball

Jan 9, 2013, 11:28 AM

After football, our commitment seems to slack off a lot, especially in basketball. We need facilities that attract prospective student athletes and coaches who can take us above the level we seem to stay mired in most of the time. I am not saying Brownell needs to go--maybe he needs a little more time. What I am saying is that if you field a team for a sport at Clemson, you need to be willing to do what it takes (within the rules) to make that team successful.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,959
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic