Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fact:: ##### win vs Clemson is still percentage-wise LOWER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,255

Fact:: ##### win vs Clemson is still percentage-wise LOWER

Nov 27, 2012, 11:41 PM

than when they had a 4-peat run in 1954. For example, after Saturday's win their % average in number of wins since 1896 went from 34.9% to 37.3%..from the higher percentage with their 1954 4-peat which took it from 35.4% to 38.9%!

Saying..things aren't all that different from 1954..just a bit worse! Tigers are still ahead by 24 games..and as Dabo said his Grand Kids "might" see it get even (especially if he keeps loosing! Ha.)

Other interesting facts are: Clemson has had eight 4-peats to SC's two, one 5-peat & one 7-peat. But in fairness Carolina had won the last four (Clemson did the same in 2002,03,04&05) which is more relevant to most fans since its now..but remember history shows that the other team can make a run of its own. Watch out #####!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fact:: ##### win vs Clemson is still percentage-wise LOWER

Nov 28, 2012, 12:13 AM

Dabo said his grandkids might see it become a rivalry, not that they might see it get even. What percentage makes it a rivalry to you? Though I'm not entirely sure why you or anyone else would take the time to compile such statistics for a game that isn't even a rivalry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2012, 2:05 AM

47%-53% make it a "rivalry". However, SCar is still our "rival" because every (well, maybe not EVERY) school has that one school they like to beat like no other, and throughout history have done so.

I'm guessing there are just as many SCar fans doing the work to compile the stats, so we don't have to take the time beyond correcting y'alls math of course. You know, always trying to measure yourself against big brother and all.

Oh yeah, screw you COOT!

Nov 28, 2012, 7:34 AM

I never post here (though my son occasionly does). This is a Tiger board and I am a Gamecock. However, in this case I could not resist. The only "stat" I care about is that my two five year old grandsons have never been alive when Carolina lost to Clemson. That is one string I hope continues.

Nov 28, 2012, 7:40 AM

My son is five as well, but he was around for the Clemson wins in 2007 and 2008.

Either your math is wrong, you are lying, or both.

The only "stat" that matters to me, in my lifetime Clemson is 21-12-1 against SCar. So I win.

Congratulations on your win!***

Nov 28, 2012, 7:42 AM

Nov 28, 2012, 7:36 AM

Awesome job reading an article that has already been posted and using the exact same information

Nov 28, 2012, 7:45 AM

Michigan and Ohio St's overall record against one another is very similar to ours. I guess they aren't rivals either.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic