Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FLORIDA STATE vs CLEMSON QUESTION
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

FLORIDA STATE vs CLEMSON QUESTION

Jul 12, 2014, 11:32 AM

Why does everyone that makes a prediction about that game keep on selecting Clemson to lose? What if our players automatically chalked it up as a loss?

I believe if we can pin them deep in their own territory on kick off and punts then we can stand a chance. We may get a few breaks in there too. Maybe a muffed punt or a fumble would be nice.

FSU has a great offensive line and a good QB, but their Running Backs are decent at best. Their Wide Receiver Corps lost a couple of impact players, and their replacements will be going up against the likes of ROBERT SMITH, TRAVIS BLANKS, JAYRON KEARSE, KORRIN WIGGINS, and MACKENSIE ALEXANDER. Why are we worried about their offense. Auburn and Duke both proved that if you can get some pressure on Winston then the game can be won.

If we can pin them deep on every drive they get and force a 3 and out then I see no reason why Clemson should concern themselves with a loss. If anything the Clemson Tigers should go to DOAK CAMPBELL expecting to win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Don't worry about it. The underdog is what we want to be.

Jul 12, 2014, 11:37 AM

With something BIG to prove.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't worry about it. The underdog is what we want to be.

Jul 12, 2014, 11:43 AM

I'm glad to say I won't have to be in that rat hole stadium sitting next to Fsu trash with no shirts and a pair of Jory's on. Got a friend in Tally who offers tix every yr. the Tigers play,I went once ,, never again...Columbia sc on meth is how I would describe it

Re: Don't worry about it. The underdog is what we want to be.

Jul 12, 2014, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Don't worry about it. The underdog is what we want to be. ]

Chip on our shoulder.

my sister went to fswho, but is as big a clemson fan as any

Jul 12, 2014, 11:53 AM

and asked a similar question; she learns more & more about "football/sports" each day.

1. they've out recruited clemson so any losses they have should be given the same benefit as clemson has been given by the homies. they most certainly have a tremendous staff that experienced some key losses over the last 2 years yet still managed the national title. pretty impressive they've only gotten better which is a pretty good sign of the program's sustainability.

2. they've won two in a row & at times have flat out dominated clemson on the field in those 2 wins. they have won 3 of 4, since jimbo took over & are 4-0 in bowl games including beating spurrier, which dabo is having trouble doing. it would be pretty funny to go back and drudge up all the grief/heat jimbo/fswho took from clemson fans after he took over the program. fswho is a "monster" of a program, one clemson would like to be when it comes to winning football. i'm not suggesting clemson wants the off the field difficulties, but fsho reloads as well as any program in the nation.

3. it's in doak & doak is in tallahassee, not clemson.

4. what's wrong with fswho being "favored"?. it doesn't mean they "will" win, it means that most indicators point to the fact that they have a pretty good chance of doing so.

5. even if some/many/most think fswho might have the upper-hand, it doesn't mean clemson doesn't go into doak and walk away with the win. clemson's a pretty good program and team as well.

go tigers!

i'm glad the games are not decided on paper or clemson's record in the last 2 bowl games & uga might be different.

ps and NO gwpcoot, nien on pigs of fswho sister.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR***

Jul 12, 2014, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

it's for the best...

Jul 12, 2014, 11:58 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cents I'm not GWPCoot...

Jul 12, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to my sister went to fswho, but is as big a clemson fan as any ]

pigs of fsu sister?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

very true and welcome back

Jul 12, 2014, 12:00 PM

still no.

Good to be back.

Jul 12, 2014, 12:02 PM

Had a couple of close calls coming through West Virginia but arrived back unscathed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

were banjos involved? sounds like banjos were involved.

Jul 12, 2014, 12:04 PM

safe is best, that's why we should spay newb... just to be safe.

Do I get a vote in this?***

Jul 12, 2014, 12:11 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Ditto.... Welcome Back.***

Jul 12, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Cents I'm not GWPCoot... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Francis don't encourage him.

Jul 12, 2014, 12:12 PM

Maybe he'll go away again

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Deadsolidperfect. You just saved me a lot of typing.

Jul 12, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to my sister went to fswho, but is as big a clemson fan as any ]

Couldn't have said it better.

Really? You sound much more intelligent than

Jul 12, 2014, 12:50 PM

deadsolidperfect.

I'm with bob. I'm sure you could have done much, much better***

Jul 12, 2014, 1:37 PM

Re: my sister went to fswho, but is as big a clemson fan as any

Jul 12, 2014, 10:30 PM [ in reply to my sister went to fswho, but is as big a clemson fan as any ]

We are about two recruiting cycles behind them so they still have a talent advantage. To win, we have to go in there with a huge chip on our shoulder and beat them jaw-to-jaw in the trenches. After last year's humiliation, any Clemson player who doesn't have that chip on his shoulder, shouldn't be playing at Clemson. Having said that, they could rout us.

Re: FLORIDA STATE vs CLEMSON QUESTION

Jul 12, 2014, 12:17 PM

While I don't think our players are chalking this game up as a loss,FSU should be favored.
They are at home,have Jamis Winston,a proven veteran vs Cole,or DeShaun( neither a proven starter),have won the last two games,our running backs aren't exactly proven either,
and while Duke and Auburn might have been able to put some pressure on Winston,it wasn't enough.
And do you honestly think that our special teams can pin them deep,or our defense,as highly touted as it is,will be able to force a three and out on every drive.
That's wishful thinking.
No,I don't think we will be concerned with losing,but neither will FSU.

Jul 12, 2014, 12:59 PM

They lost a rimington award winner and a Senior Fullback on one of the beat rushing teams of all time. However their RBs will still be very good. Their WRs will be talented though Jameis will not have the Benjamin Blanket this go round.

All in all I think that if there wasn't as much holding in last year's game the score is two touchdowns closer.

Picking Clemson to lose doesn't mean Clemson has no chance

Jul 12, 2014, 1:59 PM

to win.

It would really help if legal and karmic justice would catch

Jul 12, 2014, 6:16 PM

up with Jameis!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm giving Winston a $5 Publix gift card that week

Jul 12, 2014, 6:39 PM

That will finish him off!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2014, 8:35 PM

Thank you for the compliment about FSU's OL being great.

Comments about FSU running backs being "decent at best" is a misinformed statement. FSU's running backs will be among the very best in CFB lead by Karlos Williams who averaged 8 yds per carry last year and became the #2 guy. The battle for the 2nd and 3rd and 4th RB positions is intense among several would would make a very good #1 if Williams was not one of the very best in CFB.

The comment about FSU's replacement wide receivers is also uninformed. Rashad Green lead our elite receivers each of the past 3 years. Last year Green and Nick O'leary combined for more than 300 yards against Clemson. They're both back, along with the same level of back up competition as we have at RB.

The reality is FSU has no weakness on offense this season, and we expect to be better than last year.

With all that said, I have upmost respect for the Clemson team and all the good things which are happening
with your coaching, recruiting, experience and players making the choice to return rather than go pro.

FSU will be a beast this year on both sides of the ball, but we expect a very competitive battle with the Tigers, and several other teams on our schedule. I hope whoever loses our game will go on to an 11-1 record.

Good luck against the Dawgs. Many of your fans are also underestimating them.

Jul 12, 2014, 8:55 PM

We're DOOMED!

JUST LIKE 1989.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 12, 2014, 10:13 PM

You don't get it. It's a great advantage to us to be considered a huge underdog. We all need to be talking about how great and invincible FSU is. I hope no one expects anything of us. Frank Howard said that," I'd rather start at the back of the room and move to the front, than start at the front and move to the back." Spread the word: we don't have shi##, We'll be lucky to win a single game. I'm predicting 0 and 12. Spread the news to all of our opponents. That's when we shine.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic