Topic: FGFers and other #### fans...
Replies: 11   Last Post: Sep 20, 2017 3:42 PM by: PGTiger
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11   Pages: 1  

FGFers and other #### fans...

[2]
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 12:54 PM

I saw a comment on an FGF post the other day that made me LOL... I'm paraphrasing but it said something along the lines of "Clemson got the template of how to build a team from us". Hilarious.

Even during your good three year run, Carolina was never a template for anyone to follow. Admittedly you had a nice run where a transcendent player (Clowney) went to Clemson and had several other very good, stud athletes. No doubt. BUT... that was by
chance - not design.

Read the article about Herbstreits comments in Dabo and Clemson on the main page. The big difference? Culture. Ours vs everyone else's.

Clemson isn't just different - they're better. On the field and off. It took a couple of years, but if you go back to Davis first pressed, you will see that these results were ALWAYS part of his plan.

I am a bitter and angry man.

Autocorrect is a fickle bish.

[1]
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 12:55 PM

Apologies for typos.

I am a bitter and angry man.

ROFL...

[1]
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 12:58 PM

the Capons are NOT a template for anyone to follow. Never have been and never will be.

Bless their ignorant deluded little hearts.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ROFL...

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 1:17 PM

coots ARE a template. coots are a template for what NOT to do when building a football program.
Name one school that is following the coot template?? See? It's genius....their plan is working.

Blue Print

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 1:04 PM

Let's see.

Napier messed things up at Byrne's and Lattimore wanted to go a different route than all the Byrne's players before him.

Payne and Gilmore were bought by the Rock Hill chapter.

Clowney did not have the grades to get into Clemson, for starters.

Bruce Ellington would have faced a tougher road to seeing the filed at WRU.

Jungle Boy was not Clemson material.

I doubt we even looked at recruiting Conor Shaw, they did well all by themselves on that one.

Bruce Ellington would have played at Clemson from the start,

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 1:07 PM

maybe not quite the playing time he got in Columbia but he was one of their better players in Cootlumbia!

Re: Bruce Ellington would have played at Clemson from the start,

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 1:15 PM

Bruce Ellington wasn't recruited for football. He was on the basketball team & quit to play football

Re: Blue Print

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 1:12 PM

Then there's this little fact and gem:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7863243/ncaa-cites-south-carolina-gamecocks-failure-monitor

Re: FGFers and other #### fans...

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 1:11 PM

Yes, because they've been pulling in 5 stars for decades, had an indoor field, and a football operations complex before us...along with multiple conference Championships, BCS appeareances, and National Titles o_O *sacrasm* Yeak...ok....

If we were following their template, wouldn't we suck and have a crappy coaching staff now? lol

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 1:17 PM

I saw that one on FGF too. Just another futile attempt at trying to feel relavent and a part of anything successful. The SEC is so pathetic right now they don't have that crutch, so why not just ride the coat tails of your daddy?

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 3:38 PM

One of the main reasons they were successful is that was the beginning of the down cycle in the SEC East. Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee were going through turbulent times and did not have very good teams. Coaches were on the move as well as players. The SEC East is still weak but not as weak as it once was. No team in the SEC East should be ranked.

YOU!

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 3:42 PM

Welcome back.

Replies: 11   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: 2 Tickets For Sale - Section TDK, Row M, Seats 28 & 30. Lot 16 Parking Pass. $160.00 total. Email or...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1457 people have read this post