Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy

Sep 12, 2014, 11:45 AM

Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy***

Sep 12, 2014, 11:48 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Deshaun pumpers/Cole dumpers ain't gonna like this***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy obviously does not read TIGERNET!

Sep 12, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy*** ]
image.jpg(77.7 K)

Whassup with that?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

"They're handling it the right way."***

thanks bruce, now kindly send us all your star players cause

Sep 12, 2014, 11:50 AM

our staff does it right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened......

Sep 12, 2014, 12:59 PM

to that little running back that played in DW's backfield. He sure was fast and quick. I wonder if he got a D-1 scholly or any other?

Pay no attention to this idujt.

Sep 12, 2014, 11:59 AM

He's just a high school coach. Ignore his trophy case, anybody can win at that level in GA and he's probably never trained a good football player in his entire life.

Beside that, if he really knew what he was talking about he'd spend more time here on Tnet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not smart to bite the hand that feeds***

Sep 12, 2014, 12:01 PM

Left off my ;)***

Sep 12, 2014, 12:02 PM

Hey, that coach made you guys sound stupid.

Sep 12, 2014, 12:13 PM

I tried to tell you. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOS would let DW sink or swim. He would just move on if DW

Sep 12, 2014, 12:05 PM

sank.

SOS does not subscribe to this bring him along slowly mentality.

I hate SOS...but must admit he has done one heck of a job turning Scar around from 100+ years of losing.

BS. Out of all the great talented QBs he had at UF, did

Sep 12, 2014, 12:38 PM

he ever start a true freshman early in his first season.

I don't recall that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, SOS would have asked him to change positions***

Sep 12, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to SOS would let DW sink or swim. He would just move on if DW ]

True Buffalo - it will be interesting to see SOS vs UGA***

Sep 13, 2014, 8:33 AM [ in reply to SOS would let DW sink or swim. He would just move on if DW ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh really, name the number of true freshmen who have started

Sep 14, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to SOS would let DW sink or swim. He would just move on if DW ]

A game at Qb for spurrier?

Re: FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy

Sep 12, 2014, 12:26 PM

says the coach who has been playing him since he was a 9th grader. what is the difference between playing as a freshman in hs against much older players than here? it is a simple question and answer. play the best player at all positions who give you the BEST chance to win, period. if anyone with a pulse who knows anything about football does not think Watson gives us a better chance to win, you are delusional!

Re: FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy***

Sep 12, 2014, 12:28 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Tell 'em capon

Sep 12, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy ]

You know more than coaches. SMH

Sep 12, 2014, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy ]

I thought that ALL those who were Clemson fans knew more about football than, say, our feathered fans down the road. Now everyone connected with Watson that have spent their entire careers - that is, thousands upon thousands of hours - teaching the game of football have endorsed the handling of Watson's progression into our system.

And yet, this T-Net "coaching" regime doesn't even hiccup. Rather, they are now saying it's all these coaches who have no idea what they are talking about.

As I said, I thought we had the most knowledgeable fan base in all of college football. I now eat crow, as sadly, I am dead wrong.

P.S.: To those of you that are ranting incessantly about a q-back switch that are younger than 16, this post is not meant for you. You still have the opportunity to grow into maturity on your own.

TRUST THE (HS) COACHES!!!***

Sep 12, 2014, 12:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder what Hopkins' HS coach said when Dye started over AH.***

Sep 12, 2014, 1:19 PM

I'm not excusing anyone from this.

Sep 12, 2014, 2:25 PM

I doubt Nuk knew the playbook for spending time playing basketball. It seems like it was three games into the season his first year before he got a decent amount of playing time. He hadn't worked out in the weight room and his blocking was somewhat lacking.

Hopkins didn't play basketball at CU before freshman season.

Sep 12, 2014, 2:54 PM

To me (and many other fans) it was clear from Clemson's season opener (against UNT) that Hopkins was the best WR that Clemson had seen in many years. He ran, caught, and blocked better than the guys ahead of him (Ashe & Dye). It seems unlikely that he didn't learn the playbook over several months but suddenly learned it 2 weeks into the season. Maybe.

Fans are such idiots sometimes.

Sep 12, 2014, 12:49 PM

The fact we are making such an issue of the QB situation is putting added pressure on the offense. And we all know we are not going to change the coaches decision. SO what's the point at this juncture?

Either support the coaches or don't. But don't support the coaches and not support their decisions.

What many fans are doing this year is idiotic. It's not helping.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... like if they think it matters whether we discuss it here***

Sep 12, 2014, 12:53 PM

This isn't 1998. The college sports media , twitter,

Sep 12, 2014, 12:57 PM

facebook and message boards are very much intertwined.

I can't believe that anyone wouldn't notice that.

You don't think TigerNet holds tremendous sway in terms of Clemson football media coverage?

Discussing it is one thing, but launching repetitive campaigns of whatever argument always make it into the locker room.

That's not to say that fans have some moral obligation not to talk about certain things, but fans are still idiots for causing negative pressure for illegitimate reasons.

TigerNet, et al, add no more pressure to O & QB competition.

Sep 12, 2014, 1:09 PM

I'm sure the team is focused on preparing for FSU and classwork. Don't overvalue yourself.

And unless you plan on repealing the 1st amendment, or censoring all of the dozens of fan blogs, you're peeing in the wind, so I don't know why you keep complaining about fans posting opinions on a fan-opinion board.

i think the point is that

Sep 12, 2014, 1:31 PM

If a writer really wanted people to read what he wrote, he would ask coaches and players about the topics he, as a writer, perceives we as the fans want to hear about.

And if this writer was doing his job, the best place to go to find out what the fans want to hear about is a place like Tigernet.

And so, to ensure that we continue to read their articles, they ask things of the coach like "let's talk about the quarterback controversy. What will it take for Watson to supplant Stoudt permanently?".

The majority of the media is more concerned with page views and advertising revenue than factual reporting. Controversy drives click rates, not "Cole is the starter, move on."

Re: i think the point is that

Sep 12, 2014, 1:38 PM

It's amazing the record we have with such stupid coaches who have no idea what they are doing, just amazing the teams we have beaten the bcs bowl we won, has to be luck! On a serious note I feel highly confident that there is something more in the works for DW and we will see it but not hear about it!

You really did a bad job of reading my post.

Sep 12, 2014, 1:38 PM [ in reply to TigerNet, et al, add no more pressure to O & QB competition. ]

I never said people shouldn't be allowed to post about certain topics. I am merely ridiculing fans for doing something that adds pressure to the team without either being aware of it (such as yourself apparently) or without caring. Your responses to me suck so far because they stray from the point I made. I never said fans shouldn't discuss any controversy on message boards because everything posted here effects the team. That's not my point at all

Tigernet itself is currently giant in Clemson sports media. The head writer of this Clemson media giant with daily access to the coaches posts on the friggin message board frequently. TV broadcasters actually talk about message board controversy during live broadcasts. Obvious clues and connections are evading you.

Tigernet is not the source of the controversy, but the mindless repetition causes reporters to stay on stories which creates this feedback-loop momentum that eventually puts pressure on the team.

Be a detective, why does Dabo say he can't please the fans with such an exasperated tone? Where the heck do you think he gets the idea about what the fans think? Follow the trail. It's not the friggin saloons dude.

No. I understood your repetitive complaint. I just disagree

I never said people shouldn't be allowed to post about certain topics.
No you just complain about it over and over and childishly name-call them for doing so.

Tigernet itself is currently giant in Clemson sports media... TV broadcasters actually talk about message board controversy during live broadcasts.
The national sports media probably isn't even aware of TigerNet and they've been discussing QB controversies since LONG before TigerNet was created.

...the mindless repetition causes reporters to stay on stories which creates this feedback-loop momentum that eventually puts pressure on the team.
Got any proof of your claim? I don't think I've ever heard Dabo, Morris, or any Clemson coach or player say that. In fact they say just the opposite.
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-Stoudt-deserves-respect-quarterback-controversy-13009

...why does Dabo say he can't please the fans with such an exasperated tone? Where the heck do you think he gets the idea about what the fans think?
Dabo just said that he doesn't care what the fans think. He says so often. But coaches have been aware of what the fans think since long before the Internet was invented. Danny Ford used to talk about it. But he wasn't as thin-skinned as Dabo.

I'm only repeating it because you didn't seem to get it.

Sep 12, 2014, 3:07 PM

No you just complain about it over and over and childishly name-call them for doing so.

Over and over? I think I posted something about once before this thread. And both were a response to someone else's OP. Misleading statement on your part.
And calling fans "idiotic sometimes" is hardly childish. Pretty sure every adult on Earth has acknowledged stupidity in large groups of people for various reasons. I've been a part of a group of idiots before, just has nearly everyone. Try another lame personal angle.

The national sports media probably isn't even aware of TigerNet and they've been discussing QB controversies since LONG before TigerNet was created.

The national sports media aren't the ones asking questions to players and coaches every day of the week after practice. So that's not exactly relevant. And everyone knows there has been QB controversies long before the internet. Does that prove that the internet and hasn't enhanced pressure on coaches and teams? Are you really making that claim? Have you not noticed the coaching carousel picking up pace steadily over the last 20 years? Really? You are missing a friggin ocean of clues on this one.

I don't think I've ever heard Dabo, Morris, or any Clemson coach or player say that. In fact they say just the opposite.

Now we are using coach-speak as proof that coaches and players think a certain way? SO the coaches really think SC State is as serious of a threat as FSU? You buy that? It's called coach speak for a reason.

You think Dabo is saying that constant questions about a QB controversy, when he is desperately trying to deny one even exists, doesn't put more pressure on his players? Nobody has asked him that directly.

You didn't provide supporting links, you idiot. No offense.

Sep 12, 2014, 3:30 PM

Check out your post above: "Fans are such idiots."

I think that calling people "idiots" is juvenile name-calling. But perhaps in your world, that's how intelligent adults express their opinions.

You conveniently failed to provide links or any evidence of your opinion that the fan discussions negatively impact the team. I provided a link contradicting your opinion. But apparently you can't provide any links supporting your opinion. So apparently it's just your unsubstantiated opinion. But those who don't share your unsubstantiated opinion are an "idiots". Classic.

I'm happy enough with how this thread went. At this point

Sep 12, 2014, 4:04 PM

it's just you reading my posts and getting frustrated. Just for your own consideration, I explained why your links didn't contradict what I was saying. There are no quotes from anyone about the particular point I was making, as I said in a previous post. Not going to link you to that either, so don't worry about it I guess.

I did provide evidence in my posts but based on how your responses have gone I can tell that you don't want to consider my point, you just want to find a way to be right. I am fine leaving it at that. If anyone else stumbles on this thread, I am happy letting them judge it on what's already there.

You're happy calling people idiots & making unfounded claims

Sep 12, 2014, 8:26 PM

I understand your opinion, but it's unsubstantiated, and there is lots of substantiation to the contrary.

Instead of engaging in silly psychoanalysis whereby you pretend to know what I want and you pretend that I wouldn't consider your evidence if you offered it, you should simply provide some evidence. I've admitted that I'm wrong on this site when confronted with countervailing data or evidence.

But please... at least behave like a civil adult and stop calling people idiots for not sharing your unsubstantiated opinions. How old are you?

Opinions become agendas when people keep on and on and on

Sep 12, 2014, 6:37 PM [ in reply to TigerNet, et al, add no more pressure to O & QB competition. ]

about something they know nothing about. Like peeing in the wind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woulda been shocked to hear a HS coach call out a CU coach.***

Sep 12, 2014, 1:02 PM

Not sure FSU is bigger wolf than UGA, & DW more seasoned now***

Sep 12, 2014, 1:14 PM

His Opinion which means about as much as all of us.***

Sep 12, 2014, 1:26 PM

if by "us" you mean a group of people completely removed

Sep 12, 2014, 2:07 PM

from the decision making process in a young man's development, i think you're full of poop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a safe thing to say.

Sep 12, 2014, 2:20 PM

The guy weighs, or is at least listed @, 204 metric pounds.

He is way more money than Cole Stoudt.

Clemson has no chance against Florida State unless Watson has the ball in hands every snap.

Anybody that disagrees is a woman.

if i couldn't cared less what you thought, which i don't,

i might be offended, which i'm not.

Why would you think I'd think I could possibly offend you?

Sep 12, 2014, 2:44 PM

Watson's better than Boyd. Heck, I wouldn't even let Boyd practice w/ Watson.

The Clemson coaches are only making fools of themselves & their school if they continue to play Stoudt.

Facts are facts.

some offenses are more intentional than others and no

Sep 12, 2014, 2:50 PM

i don't think you'd think you could, in fact i'd be disappointed if you thought so, just the same there are others that might take offense to your obvious lack of concern.

Perhaps I am TOO concerned.

Sep 12, 2014, 2:54 PM

I think that some of you are too concerned for Cole Stoudt & may want to reconsider your own sexuality since it is clear who is the better quarterback.

If the Clemson's offensive line was actually offensive I think Clemson could have actually won in Georgia.. with Watson at the helm. Stoudt proved that his first drive was a fluke.

i find no qualms with you considering yourself overly

Sep 12, 2014, 2:57 PM

concerned as i'm less concerned about you than you could possibly imagine.

;)

Re: Why would you think I'd think I could possibly offend you?

Sep 12, 2014, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Why would you think I'd think I could possibly offend you? ]

BS

I'll claw your eyes out and hit you with my purse, bestard!

Sep 12, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to What a safe thing to say. ]

signed
GWP

It isn't like he gonna Disagree.....No Coach would do that

Especially if he wants to move to the college stage one day! no bridge burnt etc......He does feel DW can handle it though he states that!

Another coot who needs pictures instead of written facts.***

Sep 12, 2014, 6:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HS coach's comment directly contradicts Dabo's comment.

Sep 12, 2014, 2:37 PM

Miller: "They're moving slow, and I think that is one of the best things you can do with a player like Deshaun."

Dabo: "It's not that he [Watson] needs to be brought along slowly. It's that the guy in front of him is the starter and has earned it and he [Stoudt] played great."
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-addresses-Priester-dismissal-fans-Deshaun-Watson-start-12998

Ouch.

Sep 12, 2014, 2:50 PM

He probably doesn't hang on Dabo's every word.

Put Watson In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 12, 2014, 5:00 PM

Re: Put Watson In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 12, 2014, 9:00 PM

what a dumb a__ comment

Sep 12, 2014, 5:17 PM

Now I just wonder what makes that HS coach think he knows more than the T-Net arm chair coaches. He must think that he is a real coach huh....;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2014, 6:13 PM

I agree we should go slow with Watson. However just because he's a freshman doesn't mean he's not ready either. Hence the Florida State quarterback winning the Heisman, and the National Title.

Sep 12, 2014, 7:10 PM

Re. this post...

"I agree we should go slow with Watson. However just because he's a freshman doesn't mean he's not ready either. Hence the Florida State quarterback winning the Heisman, and the National Title."

The FSU q-back was a RED SHIRT freshman. He had a year to acclimate to college life, a year standing on the sidelines coming to grips with the atmosphere of college football, even played a year of college baseball BEFORE ever taking live bullets in a football game.

BIG DIFFERENCE IN WINSTON'S PREPARATION VS. WATSON'S.

Do you really not know?

Sep 12, 2014, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson's HS coach on Clemson's QB controversy ]

> I agree we should go slow with Watson. However just
> because he's a freshman doesn't mean he's not ready
> either. Hence the Florida State quarterback winning
> the Heisman, and the National Title.

The QB you are referring to was a redshirt freshman, unlike DW who is a true freshman!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Dabo said there is no controversy....NO CONTROVERSY!***

Sep 12, 2014, 6:38 PM

Re: Dabo said there is no controversy....NO CONTROVERSY!***

Sep 12, 2014, 8:53 PM

Listen to me all of the above dumba__es who want DW to play NOW. The game against FSU is going to be terribly punishing on our QB whoever it is!!!! FACT - we are probably going to lose no matter WHO starts They are the number 1 team in the nation for a reason!!!!! And they are at home!!!!!! GET REAL!!! For pete's sake!!!

Do you want to sacrifice the WHOLE FRIGGIN' SEASON for one game!!!!

Let Dabo and Chad do their thing and see what happens at the end of the year!!!

Sep 12, 2014, 11:21 PM

His coach must be a Coot. Anyone who wants Cole to start must be a Coot. Seems to be the prevailing logic on tnet lately anyway.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic