Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Clemson's Win Total in 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Clemson's Win Total in 2017

May 28, 2017, 10:16 AM

WATCH: Clemson's Win Total in 2017

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Clemson's Win Total in 2017

May 28, 2017, 11:14 AM

Expert opinion about a 9 game season likelihood based on faulty logic. We have been for 2+ years the focus of our adversaries best game. Surely that'll be the same this season, but nothing's changed in our preparation. O will start ok and get much stronger. D will start strong and get better. We'll be 10+ wins yet again. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn't get past

May 28, 2017, 11:55 AM

the ugliness of that flannel shirt. Did the thrift shop give that one away?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, for the FIRST TIME we're gonna get everyone's best shot?

May 28, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Clemson's Win Total in 2017 ]

Got it. Thanks "expert."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Here we go again...

May 28, 2017, 11:55 AM

1st off...
our defense will be the best it's been, potential wise, under Dabo.
That itself will be good enough to win 10 games in 2017. The only
2 games I see where our offense might need to be better than avg-

FSU and L'ville.

So easily Clemson gets back to 10 wins in 017 (maybe more?)

Everything he said was dead on.

May 28, 2017, 1:11 PM

Except when he said "under".

Does he really think Clemson will only win 8 games next year.

That just gives me the giggles.

This team will find a way to win 10 games next year and possibly 12.

So on a 15 game schedule: if they lose to FSU or Louisville (-1) they likely won't play in the ACCCG (-1) and will only have an outside chance at the playoffs. So either they lost another game along the way (-1) and didn't make the playoffs (-1). That is still 10-11 wins depending on the bowl game.

Give me the "over" all day long!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Everything he said was dead on.

May 30, 2017, 9:40 AM

This line is only for regular season (based on 12 games) but I do like your prediction - I am thinking 11 - 1 (yes - I took the over)and I also think we win ACC championship plus a trip to playoffs...

May 28, 2017, 2:03 PM

We wil be in the playoffs again. Over by a big number!

May 28, 2017, 3:35 PM

I'm not expecting playoffs this season. An ACC Championship would be great. But 10 wins and a solid bowl game will be a great place to be. We don't have an offense like Alabama. Our offense runs through the QB. If the new guy (whoever that is) comes out and just balls out we could be looking at another playoff run. But even just a game managing QB in our system should get us to at least 9 wins just because of the other playmakers on offense and the stout defense we will have. This year could be 2014ish in some ways, but we'll see.

May 28, 2017, 7:53 PM

Who are these two women that are talking about football, cause I have heard of neither of them.

Anyone picking less than 10 wins...not too bright

May 29, 2017, 12:12 AM

If this staff has shown anything its that they are good for 10 wins. Why would anyone think that trend would end.

Its like people forget what horses were in the stable. Deshaun is gone...okay lets find a starter. Lets see you want one of several former four star guys or a five. RB...same thing. WR same thing.

Oh, btw, experts have fun watching every team that trys to run on us, get crushed. I'm going to enjoy watching the middle of our DL eat people alive. Some may worry about our secondary. The ball has to get out of.the QB's hand before they're tested. Enter Mr. Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant.

Good luck!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other news, water is wet.

May 30, 2017, 10:24 AM

Now, moving along let us discuss facts and strong opinions.

Four toughest opponents this season will be as follows. No particular order:

1.) Louisville
2.) FSU
3.) VT
4.) NCST

Louisville: They lost all but one of their O Line. Most of our Defense returns. Lamar Jackson will have a long night in Papa John stadium.

They have a good secondary but their D Line cannot contain our offense.

FSU: I watched their Spring game. Their offensive line allowed too much penetration from the Second Team Defense to be honest. Their QBs were not live. However if memory serves me well, we punished Francois last season in Doak Campbell. Their new RB is very fast and shifty, but he doesn't have power like Dalvin Cook.

VT: They lose tons of production on both sides of the ball coming into this season. However, they have great coaches and will be ready to play us. VT is known for hanging around in games until the final whistle. If we shut down their run and can establish a passing game we win this one by 14 or more.

NCST: I chose this game because it's a trap game. NCST lost by a missed field goal last season. They return most if not all starters and they play us in NC. Circle this one on your calendar Tiger Nation because it will be a nail biter. We may lose this one if we can't establish a passing game early.

I did not include Auburn in this one simply because they're a nonfactor at this point. They lost 100% of their defensive production from a season ago. Their offense struggles with the exception of their TE play. They have nothing to throw at us in our house. Easy win for the Tigers, credit to our defense.

I tend to believe that Coach Dabo will play each QB for one Quarter during Season Opener against Kent State. I feel that Hunter Johnson or Zerrick Cooper will emerge as the starter after that game. Of course they will hold a soft position that will still be up for grabs as the season progresses. Tucker Israel will continue to be ignored even though he played much better than Bryant in my opinion so I would go ahead and rule him out. Kelly Bryant didn't complete a single forward pass during the Spring Game for more than 15 yards. That should be a red flag for Dabo. If not, then we lose several games in a similar scenario such as the Cole Stoudt ordeal. We can only hope that we start either Zerrick Cooper or Hunter Johnson from Game One.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic