Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: TBT: Gaines Adams' game saving touchdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: TBT: Gaines Adams' game saving touchdown

Nov 6, 2014, 11:36 AM

TBT: Gaines Adam's game saving touchdown

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: TBT: Gaines Adams' game saving touchdown

Nov 6, 2014, 11:43 AM

Now that is a proper TBT. Miss You Gaines! RIP!

Nov 6, 2014, 11:49 AM

May the best D lineman to wear number 93 rest in peace. Also to ESPN's little tidbit about Wake Forest being 4-1 on Thursday night games remember that one loss came to Clemson. Go Tigers!!!!

Nov 6, 2014, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: TBT: Gaines Adams' game saving touchdown ]

RIP Gaines. You will NEVER be forgotten, ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: TBT: Gaines Adams' game saving touchdown ]

What happened to Gaines Adams? I realize he died just wondering the circumstances?

cardiac arrest due to enlarged heart***

Nov 6, 2014, 12:43 PM

Re: cardiac arrest due to enlarged heart***

Nov 6, 2014, 1:53 PM

How terrible, thanks for taking the time to give me specifics.

It's a shame this season will always be remembered for

Nov 6, 2014, 11:53 AM

the choke against Maryland at home that cost us the division title. Noon kickoff and the crowd seemed to be asleep the entire game. One of the worst atmospheres I've ever been in at a Clemson game.

It's only remembered that way because you let it.***

Nov 6, 2014, 2:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

RIP Gaines Adams it is ironic that todays weather is a lot

Nov 6, 2014, 12:02 PM

like it was that day. It was cold, drizzling and dreary until Gaines Adams lit a fire and the Clemson crowd erupted and stayed that way the rest of the game! Go Tigers1!

Gaines Adams

Nov 6, 2014, 12:04 PM

The greatest game changer in school history. His dad was his biggest fan. Gaines was awesome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The Gaines Adams Game"

Nov 6, 2014, 12:06 PM

One of my favorite moments in my years of watching Clemson football

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody Tell Me......

Nov 6, 2014, 12:28 PM

Why I am so emotional about that play? Even before Gaines death, it has always made me feel different than other key plays in Clemson history.

Maybe it's because I watched it live with family and friends, but I truly believe this play represents Clemson and it's fans the most. Not giving up, grinding out a win, and getting things done. That was the worst 3 quarters ever to watch and if you remember, Wake allowed the clock to run out to kick with the wind. I always wondered what would have happened if they kicked it at the end of the 3rd?

It is in top 3 all time best plays in modern Clemson history

Nov 6, 2014, 12:35 PM

It demonstrated exactly what it means to be a Colemson Tiger! Never quit, never give up, win!

That is why Dabo fired Steele after the embarrassing loss to W, Va in the Orange bowl. It was a seminal moment in Clemson history to send a message to everyone. Do not quit or give up, EVER!

No body is ever going to out hustle Clemson by GOD!

I miss the TigerNet sideline vids

Nov 6, 2014, 12:31 PM

Can't even recall when they went away or how long we had them. But they were cool! Great way to get a feel of things like crowd noise.

I was there and that game was horrible

Nov 6, 2014, 12:34 PM

Until that play. Which started the onslaught of momentum shift. Doesn't seem like that was that long ago but I guess it's been 10 yrs or so. Man I'm getting old.

Nov 6, 2014, 12:37 PM

I was that game and Gaines sure made it a happy day!! RIP Gaines.

Great to see Gaines remembered!

Nov 6, 2014, 1:41 PM

On another note, I would love to see us wearing that uniform combination tonight to honor him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re:my son and I changed where we were

Nov 6, 2014, 1:52 PM

Sitting in the stands that day at halftime in order to change to 'mojo". He was gettin hungry at the end of the third quarter. So, I started to go up the stands to go underneath to get some dogs. I got halfway up and turned in time to see the play I hauled it back down to my seat about the time Gaines crossed the goal line. Just knew cj was gonna break one soon . One of my best Winston Salem memories..oh yeah, son never got the hot dogs that day.

I was sitting on the 50 with a friend and mostly Wake.....

Nov 6, 2014, 3:14 PM

fans around us. There was a young Lawyer from Wake sitting in front of me, who had loudly cheered every good thing Wake had done to that point (the game was all Wake until Gaimes' play). After Gaines scored, I slapped him on the back about as hard as I could and said, "How about them Tigers!" He didn't say another word the rest of the game!

Nov 6, 2014, 2:00 PM

I remember it like it was yesterday. I turned to my wife before the kick and told her that we were leaving the game if they made the FG. We stayed!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a couple better views.

Nov 6, 2014, 4:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpiBMk-qVq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T37g7ygdDI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 6:58 PM

I will never forget this play. That Saturday, my firstborn son was born, and admitted to the NICU due to complications with his pancreas. In between trips to see my boy, I was able to watch that game in the waiting room at the hospital. I'll never forget that play, and how the Tigers held off Wake for a win, and that was a great feeling in the midst of worrying about my boy. He is 8 now and loves watching the tigers play. He knows that I call that game our first ball game. Gaines will always be one of my favorite tigers.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic