Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney will auction off Clemson pontoon featured on "Flipping Ships"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney will auction off Clemson pontoon featured on "Flipping Ships"

Mar 9, 2016, 5:04 PM

Swinney will auction off Clemson pontoon featured on "Flipping Ships"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three sad takeaways from this article: (1) Animal Planet

Mar 9, 2016, 5:16 PM

airs a show completely unrelated to animals. (2) Edwin McCain's career has fallen this far. (3) Will Merritt donated something he probably poured over $100k into for the benefit of the aforementioned concerns. I hope the money goes to charity or something haha

Edwin McCain turned a hobby into a tv show and

Mar 9, 2016, 6:04 PM

Has a net worth of $7 million. I wish my career would fall that far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realize Edwin McCain is from Greenville and by

Mar 11, 2016, 12:11 PM

all accounts a good guy. But I don't think too many people are missing his "music"

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

The treehouse dude on Animal Planet is one of the coolest

Mar 10, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Three sad takeaways from this article: (1) Animal Planet ]

shows on TV . . .

Total quirky freak - he's awesome !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Treehouse = apes and monkeys?

Mar 10, 2016, 5:15 PM

Is that the correlation so it can air on Animal Planet?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

One more sad takeaway.......

Mar 10, 2016, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Three sad takeaways from this article: (1) Animal Planet ]

People think that $100k was spent on this $20k (tops) boat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you even boat, bro?

Mar 10, 2016, 5:58 PM

You realize that a brand new outboard motor for a pontoon that size (probably 60 to 90hp) can easily run up to the $5k plus range and that doesn't even include all the other bells and whistles like the asthetic work, the sound system, grill, fridge, in addition to the mechanic work that it would take to get the broken down boat to the finished product.

He spent an ungodly amount of money fixing that boat up.

Sure do....he has $3k tops in upholstery work, $2-3k in gel

Mar 11, 2016, 11:44 AM

coat (console) and paint, $2000 or so in fabrication, $500 for grill, $100 for fridge, $750 for a generator, $500 for stereo....

Add in another $2k for odds and ends (carpeting, gauges, wiring, etc) and $5k for a used motor, and given that the boat was free, you're at about $20k.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure do....he has $3k tops in upholstery work, $2-3k in gel

Mar 14, 2016, 10:48 PM

Apart from the obvious component parts, wondering what the novelty/collector value might be.

The only question that really matters though is what do they consider the book value and can the difference be counted towards my IPTAY points?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney will auction off Clemson pontoon featured on "Flipping Ships"

Mar 9, 2016, 6:06 PM

#### I want it.. I can afford a raffle ticket but sure can't afford an auction.. When one of you guys win the auction I'll accept an invite to spend the day on the water with family

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: FB Update: Swinney will auction off Clemson pontoon featured on "Flipping Ships"

Mar 9, 2016, 6:40 PM

I've watched that episode twice and have it recorded. LOVE that boat. They pulled it off his family farm full of bullet holes. Who wouldn't want a Clemson party barge. I really liked the show. Evidently they cancelled after only 5 episodes. That's all I could find. Love Will. Don't get me started on who should be the voice of the Clemson Tigers. Ugh. A little hint, it's NOT Don Munson

Mar 10, 2016, 12:14 PM

Not sure that they cancelled the series that was what the number of shows ordered
to see if it was something that would be a good show. I think it
got fairly good ratings and they have not cancelled or renewed
season 2 as of now. link below

http://renewcanceltv.com/flipping-ships-cancelled-or-renewed-for-season-2/

Mar 10, 2016, 5:13 PM

Thanks for the link. I will be checking to see if they renew it. I liked the show.

what a neat craft...would put it in there with Christopher Columbus' ship!

Mar 9, 2016, 6:47 PM

GoTiGS..keep ROCKing & don't sink!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they did the show, talked about how much they love it, ..

Mar 9, 2016, 8:41 PM

and give it away?!? Kind of weird and ungrateful. I guess it is going for charity though.

Re: So they did the show, talked about how much they love it, ..

Mar 10, 2016, 11:05 AM

I thought that too. Seemed like it would be something to keep in the family. The kids seemed to have loved it too.

Maybe they just realized why it was

Mar 11, 2016, 2:59 PM

sitting out on some property getting shot at. Maybe they needed the tax deduction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may i have the boat?***

Mar 12, 2016, 10:49 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic