Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney says Cole Stoudt is ready to lead Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney says Cole Stoudt is ready to lead Tigers

Jun 17, 2014, 8:45 PM

Swinney says Cole Stoudt is ready to lead Tigers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney says Cole Stoudt is ready to lead Tigers

Jun 17, 2014, 8:49 PM

I feel very confident that Cole is well prepared to step right in as the starter this year!

Go Cole...lead this team to the play-offs!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt or Whitehurst?

Jun 17, 2014, 9:00 PM

Who has better hair?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usually, I don't question Dabo's psychology, however, is it

Jun 17, 2014, 9:22 PM

fair to put the pressure on a Senior with an injury-prone freshman? Stoudt has never been injured, Watson in 2 of his last 3 live outings. I guess Dabo is trying to get Watson some experience, but I hope Watson will bulk up before GA. game and that Stoudt does so well, that Watson can redshirt? However I can understand Dabo's concern for next year - getting experience for Watson! Still????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson has bulked up.

Jun 17, 2014, 9:35 PM

He has 2 more months to add 20 more lbs. He would be at 230 lbs. Cam Newton size.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Watson has bulked up.

Jun 17, 2014, 10:04 PM

I heard that he has beated up with a add ten pounds and that he is all muscles up top at this point. Word stated that he look solid and much bigger frame now.

Re: Watson has bulked up.

Jun 17, 2014, 10:14 PM

WOW - really?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'm gonna' go with sorta.......***

Jun 17, 2014, 10:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need for Watson to redshirt. Enjoy him for the next 3

Jun 17, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Usually, I don't question Dabo's psychology, however, is it ]

years whether he's on the sidelines or not because that's all we're likely to get. May as well give him some meaningful live action this season to complement our main man Stoudt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought we just got a game ready transfer?

Jun 18, 2014, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Usually, I don't question Dabo's psychology, however, is it ]

Watson will not play this year. It's a whole nother level than high school despite him shattering all Ga record books. I think there's wishful thinking he's the next Winston munus the crab legs

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will and probably early....***

Jun 18, 2014, 12:23 AM

If Watson plays early

Jun 18, 2014, 12:41 AM

That likely means Cole got hurt or stunk it up. No need to RS him, he's likely only here for 3 years regardless. However, not everyone is Winston. Winston is the exception, not the rule. If the staff thought Watson was another exception, why would they already have named Cole the starter. Watson would've had all of fall camp to beat Cole out. Apparently, the coaches haven't seen evidence that would happen.

I don't care who starts. I just want the guy that gives us the best chance to win out on that field. Whichever guy that is doesn't matter to me

Watch the video. I know of no reason to doubt Dabo... As

Jun 18, 2014, 12:50 AM

he said, it's about getting Watson playing time this year, regardless....

You mean Winston was so good he didn't RS and watch

Jun 18, 2014, 7:41 AM [ in reply to If Watson plays early ]

from the sidelines as a RS Senior QB started over him is first year at FSU?

Oh wait...

We got a transfer

Jun 18, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Thought we just got a game ready transfer? ]

That was a backup and even though he has a little game experience he will continue to be a backup. Other than Watson we do not have another QB behind Cole that could actually be a true top level starting QB. Watson will see as much playing time this season as Dabo can squeeze in no matter if Cole remains the starter the whole season or not. And if the season looks like it is taking a turn for the worse or if we lose to Georgia and FSU (which will mean we are basically eliminated from any playoff/title contention) then Watson's game time will increase even more and he may even be the starter by the end of the season not because of anything Cole did or didn't do but just to help get him experience for next year.

There is no reason to red-shirt him. He will more than likely be here for only 3 years and if he comes back for a 4th great. Also, red-shirting him will cause another log Jam at the QB position with two quality recruits coming in next year and we don't need another Chad Kelly situation.

Re: We got a transfer

Jun 18, 2014, 9:35 AM

We have two transfer QBs that were scholarship QBs in the SEC and PAC12.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: We got a transfer

Jun 18, 2014, 9:54 AM

Yes but they were only backups, and they will only be backups here. Could they go in a game and be serviceable, manage the game, and even lead the team to a win? Probably so, but it's not like we had Cam Newton and Marcus Marioto* transfer in and are sitting the bench. My point was simply we do not have a starting quality QB in a backup position behind Cole and that is why Watson will not red-shirt. Are the other QB's on the team talented, yes but if Cole went out in the first quarter of the GA game I wouldn't feel comfortable having the transfers leading the team for the rest of the season.

Re: Usually, I don't question Dabo's psychology, however, is it

Jun 18, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Usually, I don't question Dabo's psychology, however, is it ]

"Injury prone Freshman"

Dude......really??? You Coot much??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great!***

Jun 17, 2014, 9:56 PM

In other news, Kyle Parker could play for any NFL team.***

Jun 18, 2014, 8:20 AM

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic