Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks

Nov 18, 2014, 11:24 AM

Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wont risk it. Stop questioning him on that***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:32 AM

we're not like that other program from the central part of

Nov 18, 2014, 11:41 AM

the state will risk any and everything just to get one more win to make history and pad his overall record. Once his players are gone, he is done with them and doesn't care about their life after usuc.

Exactly

Nov 18, 2014, 11:54 AM

See "Connor Shaw" for reference...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Hmm...I'd bet on #4 playing myself

Nov 18, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to He wont risk it. Stop questioning him on that*** ]

Just my hunch. No science or source

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo, just stay quiet

Nov 18, 2014, 11:41 AM

This isn't the NFL where you have to give legit updates on injury reports. Just keep your mouth shut on his status. Why are you even tipping your hand? There is no benefit whatsoever to answering these questions or releasing the information.

In fact, have all practices indoors so nobody knows what he is capable of. Slip Watson in and out and have all players answer "no comment" concerning his status or any practice plans.

absolutely no way he can play......surprise!***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:42 AM

but then again this fan base is close to the edge and he

Nov 18, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Dabo, just stay quiet ]

doesn't want to send them over.....

Re: but then again this fan base is close to the edge and he

Nov 18, 2014, 11:50 AM

Yeah I think he actually wants some Clemson fans to show up on the 29th. Given the sentiments of many on the bored, I don't think too many will show up if Cole is announced the starter.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:57 PM

I have a lot of friends, Clemson grads & faithful tigers, who no matter what, will gladly take your tickets & show up for the game! How do I get them from your fickle selves? GO TIGERS! Always have been, ALL IN....Go Cole & all the hardworking, high character tiger team. We love you! The Clemson Faithful.

Nov 19, 2014, 1:29 PM

I agree I moved to texas this year and have had plans to go to the usc game since the season started I don't have a ticket for the game so if any of you fans who are not ALL IN wanna give your ticket up i'll gladly take it no matter who is starting.

Support the team 110% GO TIGERS!!! FIGHT LIKE HELL ###### AND WIN!

Re: FB Update: Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks

Nov 18, 2014, 11:45 AM

If I'm Dabo, I wouldn't say if he could play or not until kickoff. Make them prepare for all 3 guys. He will be ready tho I'm sure, everywhere I look there is someone with a sprain MCL or LCL that ends up playing the very next weekend or week after.

a good coach would use the media to play such games. On

Nov 18, 2014, 2:59 PM

Monday I'd say that Cole was going to start then on Tuesday I'd say that Scheussler had a better week and would start and the Thursday say that it was a game time decision between Stoudt and Scheussler and then start Watson out of nowhere.

I like the way you think...

Nov 18, 2014, 8:01 PM

I'd also like for us to do some "unexpected things" on offense once in awhile. It's amazing how successful plays are when they aren't expected. Just saying, Chad...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks ]

Prepare for 3 guys???? Ur kidding right?

One - you play your corners up to stop the only pass he can complete (WR screen), one is a clipboard holder leaving a gimp DW as the only threat.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:13 PM

When you reference SC putting a player in haram way to get a win, do you mean like two years ago when Connor Shaw surprisingly sat and Dylan Thompson played?

I'd rather lose to USC an entire decade than have

Nov 18, 2014, 3:42 PM

such a promising players future ruined by playing him too early and risking significant injury

Re: I'd rather lose to USC an entire decade than have

Nov 18, 2014, 3:56 PM

> such a promising players future ruined by playing him
> too early and risking significant injury

What would give you ANY indication that is something to even remotely worry about?

DW would live to be 99 years old and if he died 3 days prior to his 100th birthday there will be coots claiming the only reason he died was because Dabo played him in that game back in 2014...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd rather lose to USC an entire decade than have

Nov 18, 2014, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I'd rather lose to USC an entire decade than have ]

Is that so Conner?

Just don't answer any more questions Dabo.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:02 PM

Why does he keep commenting at all? He needs to just be quiet until after they run down the hill on the 29th. Then if #4 is ready, trot him out there. He owes NO ONE any explanation for decisions he makes in regards to injured players that HE (Not Tigernet self proclaimed coaching gurus) spends time with day in and day out. Just be quiet Dabo. Let the Coots wonder.

They will put duck tape on that knee

Nov 18, 2014, 8:15 PM

And he will play. Stop worrying.

crazy, a bullseye will be on that knee***

Nov 18, 2014, 8:28 PM

Re: They will put duck tape on that knee

Nov 19, 2014, 9:41 AM [ in reply to They will put duck tape on that knee ]

I would put a knee brace on it for sure. Jim Kelly made a whole Hall of Fame career wearing two of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They will put duck tape on that knee

Nov 19, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to They will put duck tape on that knee ]

duck tape huh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just don't answer any more questions Dabo.

Nov 19, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Just don't answer any more questions Dabo. ]

you really think dabo has ever just been quiet? I think if Clemson and drad want to spend some money that would provide excellent returns then they would hire some pr firm and experts to come in and help dabo understand how a press conference should be conducted. also how to deal with and USE the media to his advantage. I understand he is young at being a head coach but he need to speed up his development in this area of his tenure. he has never met a microphone he can't talk to for over an hour. he just needs to learn sometimes less is better with his answers to the press.

Re: Just don't answer any more questions Dabo.

Nov 19, 2014, 11:02 AM

good lord leadcoot, there you go again. your god, coach superior just got blasted by the national media for not answering questions at his presser. what is really amazing is every syllable that comes out of dabos mouth is scrutinized to the inth degree by a lot of you goobers. to me it is actually very refreshing to have a coach that speaks what is on his mind. superior sure does it, but in a very nasty and condescending way. dabos players sure as he!! knows who has their back. that is why players and parents love him and why we are recruiting at such a high level. but hey, dabo will speak after practice today. scrutinize away goobers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if Watson does not play against Gamecocks

Nov 21, 2014, 2:47 PM

everyone should stay home. let Morris pay the price for not developing a backup QB and for running off Kelly by starting little Cole at the start of the year. Love my tigers but time to teach.

Re: if Watson does not play against Gamecocks

Nov 21, 2014, 2:51 PM

ok.....I have joked about selling my
tickets if Watson can't play, but you can't be serious. yes, let's all stay home and make the coot's chances even greater. that would be pathetic.

We really need him. We don't have a power RB.***

Nov 19, 2014, 2:18 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic