Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Hyatt: "He is incredibly talented"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Hyatt: "He is incredibly talented"

Jul 15, 2015, 10:45 AM

Swinney on Hyatt: "He is incredibly talented"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Hyatt: "He is incredibly talented"

Jul 15, 2015, 10:54 AM

Laremy Tunsil was a freshman All American at Ole Miss playing tackle and he didn't enroll until a month before the season. Both were ranked similar in HS. I think we will be just fine with Hyatt.

Tunsil is 335 pounds. Hyatt came in at 270 and will

Jul 15, 2015, 11:35 AM

probably play under 300 most of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tunsil is 335 pounds. Hyatt came in at 270 and will

Jul 15, 2015, 11:37 AM

mitch was at 288 as of last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2015, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Tunsil is 335 pounds. Hyatt came in at 270 and will ]

Clemson offense is different type of offense!
fast paced, up tempo and being a little lighter helps than being a donkey that cant get to the line in time
Mitch will be play this year at around 285- 290lb , but will be in great shape which does make a difference

Jul 15, 2015, 2:04 PM

Technique-wise, there's no comparison. Hyatt is worlds better than Tunsil. Now. Not just coming out of school. Tunsil's all over the place, still, with his hand placement and he still doesn't bend at the knees as well as you'd like. I wince a bit watching Tunsil because he should be the first pick in the draft. He's that rare a specimen, and makes Michael "Blind Side" Oher look like Urkle.

Tunsil's just so durn quick for his size, and so immensely strong, he can get away with so-so technique. Usually. I have seen guys get under his pads and roller-skate him...again, Tunsil plays too high.

Completely, utterly different players. Tunsil was a raw War Daddy who was the most physically talented LT of the last 3-4 years. Hyatt's a very good prospect physically, but it's how astoundingly polished he is in terms of technique and assignment that makes him such a rare duck. My concern with Hyatt is he'll get physically outmatched in certain games.

Jul 15, 2015, 2:17 PM

From what I've heard Hyatt has added a good bit of size and is now at a heavier playing weight than Battle. We'll see how his strength is but from watching him dominate the best DE prospects in the country two years in a row in high school I believe he'll do just fine so long as he picks up the playbook.

Battle wa about 40 pounds heavier. It's obvious when you

Jul 15, 2015, 2:46 PM

watch the Spring game video that Battle was considerably larger, especially the lower body strength. Hard to tell with pads on about the upper body, but Battle is just a much larger man at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2015, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Tunsil is 335 pounds. Hyatt came in at 270 and will ]

Give me a guy his size who has quick hands, quick feet, great technique and a nasty streak any day! If you watch his films, this guy has a nasty streak and determination in his craft! He takes beating his man personally, getting beat is not an option to him, and that trumps size! I realize his film was high school talent, but I think this kid is smart and through film study he will find the weaknesses of his opponents and exploit those weaknesses!

Go Tigers!!!!!!

Jul 15, 2015, 6:25 PM

Three of the four teams in the national playoff last year started true freshman tackles and two were left tackles.

We're DOOMED!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Tunsil was not 335 as a Frosh. He was around 295-300

Jul 15, 2015, 9:27 PM

Tunsil is currently listed as 305. Also, Battle is 22 years old and I think Hyatt is 18.

Jul 15, 2015, 10:55 AM

Everything was great until that last comment. I think he will do great but he is a freshman. I think by the Third game he will be ready to go. He gives us our best chance to win now and in the future. I hope he stays 4 years.

I bet he is working his tail off! Go Mitch!

Go Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 15, 2015, 11:21 AM

Would like to see him wear those tiger eyes that Kalon Davis was wearing last season

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic