Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill

Oct 7, 2017, 8:57 PM

Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so where was the fire marshall the past 50 years?

Oct 7, 2017, 9:10 PM

i call bullchit...what is the truth...fill the hill

Re: so where was the fire marshall the past 50 years?

Oct 7, 2017, 9:15 PM

They really won't let them down there. The hill is barricaded after the team comes down. Only let a certain number in. I used to like taking my son down there in the 4th quarter last year before going on the field after the game, and they won't let us down there now

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Oct 7, 2017, 9:29 PM
image.jpeg(102.9 K)

How did we survive the past 57 +/- years ?

Oct 7, 2017, 11:08 PM

Also that side of The Hill doesn’t get filled up as much after they changed that students can only enter at one entrance. Once they block The Hill off for the players running down, students can’t get to the other side due to the single entrance.

Message was edited by: zmcmill

Oct 8, 2017, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: so where was the fire marshall the past 50 years? ]

I'm not saying I agree with it, just presenting facts. I think they should be able to pack in like sardines. Watched some great games down there in college

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Unreal . . .

Oct 7, 2017, 10:14 PM

it needs to get fixed!

Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill

Oct 7, 2017, 10:20 PM

Don't get the sparce hill deal, but if Dabo wants fans in the stands, give us a compelling reason to stay. Quick starts and sputtering through the rest of the game is not entertaining. Maybe the letdown after Louisville and VT have something to do with it, but don't blow smoke up our rear ends about how great BC and Wake are. We should have blown both out.

Oct 7, 2017, 10:22 PM

Which part of the hill is a fire hazard?

Wondering the same thing

Oct 7, 2017, 11:05 PM

Oct 8, 2017, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

Only you can prevent spontaneous concrete combustion.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

The area surrounding the RED Dress. It is subject to spontaneous combustion at any time. You heard it here first!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

Let down? You care to elaborate?

Oct 7, 2017, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

So you want to be entertained? I’ll just come right out and say this.... You seem to be a, to know me is to owe me type. Grow a pair of balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:02 PM

Dude.. dominating is boring.. we're a dominating team at the LOS team, this year.. which will make it obvious or not whether the game is in hand.. we don't have to score 35-50 points every game.. just enough to grind it out on the LOS and get the W and go on to the next game.. THIS is what bama has done the past decade.. let's only HOPE we can sustain such lame entertainment.

Oct 7, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

Seriously? Do you not remember Catman have to make a last second field goal to win? That was a much worse team than we played today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

If you are not entertained sell your tickets to someone who really wants to be there. I thoroughly enjoyed the game today and supported the team and coaches every step of the way.
GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 7, 2017, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

> Don't get the sparce hill deal, but if Dabo wants
> fans in the stands, give us a compelling reason to
> stay. Quick starts and sputtering through the rest
> of the game is not entertaining. Maybe the letdown
> after Louisville and VT have something to do with it,
> but don't blow smoke up our rear ends about how great
> BC and Wake are. We should have blown both out.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!!! What does it take for you???????? You smell like a coot!!!

Oct 8, 2017, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

Fans like you make me friggin sick and if I could ban fans with your mindset it would be done already. I bet you was whining and crying when Clemson was losing to those teams and now that Clemson wins every ### game they play now its about whining and crying over not beating them enough. Why don't you just go on and find a team that you can cheer for that matches your emotional up and downs maybe like South Carolina. At least you won't look like a freakin moron from crying over not beating a team by 100. Wake is a team that only had one loss and that loss came in the last second to FSU who just lost to an undefeated Miami team on a last second score. You know what I don't even know why I am trying to explain this to you because obviously you are so simple minded that you only see things in a negative way.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:04 AM

I was talking to whpaws or whatever his screen name is.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

Spoken like a true Millennial. Sorry snowflake, I guess reaching elite status doesn't meet up to your entitlements. I'll let Dabo know that you can do a better job.

Dabo is just making excuses for these spoiled students because recruits don't get that pumped up feeling from an empty hill. Recruits see out too. It's one of the greatest traditions in college football and it's dying right before or eyes during the greatest time of the Clemson football program. As the hill goes so will the program. Understand?
I have an idea...sell those tickets to REAL fans! The students want to party and socialize, let them...outside. Go tigers!!

Oct 8, 2017, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

Dabo's brought Clemson a national championship and has represented they University with class. Is that not enough for you?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

As Someome who grew up in the Northeast this comment greatly

Oct 8, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

exemplifies why college ball isn’t popular up there. Not sure if you’re from the Northeast but your comment about being ‘entertained’ sounds like the people that refuse to support the BCs and Syracuse’s out there. Or worse the ones that do go to the games and end up booing college kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah !!!!! Right on !!!!! They OWE us !!!!!! ENTERTAIN ME

Oct 8, 2017, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

You'd be the first one up in arms about why a starter got hurt in the late 3rd quarter when the game was 28 - 0.

And the one complaining about why the 2nd & 3rd stringers aren't ready to play meaningful snaps when a starter goes down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Yeah !!!!! Right on !!!!! They OWE us !!!!!! ENTERTAIN ME

Oct 8, 2017, 12:49 PM

Both comments right on target !! Giving up those 14 points and probably costing us some offensive production will pay future dividends

Is that you Alicia?

Oct 8, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney addresses sparse attendance on The Hill ]

Its called building a team. Why risk injury to starters while giving backups playing time which pays dividends down the road. We are not Louisville who is only interested in padding stats.

Sounds like we need a new fire marshall

Oct 7, 2017, 10:43 PM

And wouldn't the hill be the safest place to be if the stadium caught fire. What will they think of next?

My Nomination For New Fire Marshall

Oct 7, 2017, 11:01 PM

No-Brainer IMO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 7, 2017, 11:07 PM

The administration should step in. The hill is a tradition that needs to continue. Make it happens President Clements!!!!!

Oct 8, 2017, 12:54 PM

You can't count on Clements to fix it, he probably had a hand in making it the way it is now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 11:10 PM

The fire marshall sounds like a coot.

Oct 8, 2017, 11:48 AM

I think he is a gamecock. Somebody check his background.

Dabo's Job Is To Field a Great Team...He did his part...

Oct 7, 2017, 11:12 PM

It's the fans job to put asssses in the stands....

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Dabo's Job Is To Field a Great Team...He did his part...

Oct 7, 2017, 11:37 PM

There were a couple of real ##### in the row behind me!!!! Whining about play calling all the way through the game! Can't figure out why these guys aren't coaching somewhere since they are so much smarter than the coaching staff of the reigning and currently undefeated National Champions!

Oct 8, 2017, 10:07 AM

Same here, whining about play calls, and just spouting out player numbers instead of names like it's their first time there.

I don't make every game, but some fans try and ruin the family experience when we're there. Why get sooooo drunk that you don't even remember being there? I like a little buzz too, but goshdarnit, don't be a Finebaum when you've had a few drinks..

Oct 8, 2017, 3:13 PM

Hell yea Bee Bee!!! Can you come sit with me next game??

He sounds more like the fun marshall***

Oct 7, 2017, 11:12 PM

Oct 8, 2017, 12:41 AM

Fan excitement is as high as it has ever been - we are just seeing the negative effects of heightened security. I don't blame the students, I blame the times we live in.

Oct 8, 2017, 12:57 AM

I think this is really about the fans rushing the field at the end of the game. Most of the field rushers come from the hill and this is the administration's way of putting a stop to it. Phone calls to the Athletic director and President's offices would be a good start.

Oct 8, 2017, 5:06 AM

Poor question for our headcoach. Not his job to track that kind of stuff. Loved the game. Late Wake TD did put an emotional damper, but that's because I feel our D is so good no one should score. Unrealistic I know. But they are that good. Go Tigers

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 7:58 AM

Yep. This is an administration issue, not one for Dabo. On the late scores by Wake, we had 2s and 3s out there by that time. I like shutouts too but Dabo is going to play lots of guys. I'd like to see the administration figure out how to fill the hill. We may need them in a situation where the other team is driving towards or kicking into that end zone late in the game. Remember Louisville in 2014 or NC State last year? That end if the field was rocking and that environment is part of our home field advantage.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:14 AM

All part of the grand plan to enclose the stadium with concrete and seats. $$$$$$ Maybe even some suites on top. $$$$$$$ Only leave enough hill space for the team to run between the seats. $$$$$

Yeah if that grass catches on fire, thousands will die

Oct 8, 2017, 8:24 AM

:\

And just like that, the most exciting and intimidating

Oct 8, 2017, 9:57 AM

environment in college football is history. One person, probably a graduate or fan of a rival school, ends it. As has already been stated, it was not a problem for the past 50 plus years, then all of a sudden it is, proving that it is not a real problem, but an individual vendetta.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:06 AM

Dabo needs to worry about points on the scoreboard not a$$e$ in the grasses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUPD says the only fix is to hand out more MIPs.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:53 AM

This will also boost more parking spaces and also allow us to complete more deep balls. More MIPs will also increase GPA along with easing tensions with North Korea. Per CUPD

Maybe Clemson needs a new Fire Marshall***

Oct 8, 2017, 1:24 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pedestrians are nearly mowed down after games due to

Oct 8, 2017, 3:46 PM

understaffed and ineffective traffic management after the games yet sitting on a grass hill requires preemptive action by the Fire Marshall?? Seriously?? Many years ago my daughter and a friend almost got sandwiched between a parked car and a guy trying to get to his parking place under the scoreboard after the band had passed by. He lost his side mirror before he stopped. Only took the better part of 20 years to address that. What about insufficient parking staff to manage people getting to their numbered spaces without running over satellite dishes, kids, or case of Miller Lite casualties? Despite many requests, the University has chosen NOT to deal with the damaging sound level of the PA System on the Hill. (I gave up and just wear attenuating ear plugs since I have had high frequency damage)I've seen no pyrotechnics on the Hill. I've seen no lobbing of Molotov cocktails and to my knowledge there is no active volcano lurking under Memorial stadium. I've seen no sparking ATVs driving over brown grass(not that it's ever brown), chain smokers, bong parties or even a Galaxy S4 users group...so IF the Fire Marshall story is indeed true they need to man up and explain the sudden need for measures...or can we put safety of fans in their own hands like almost every other aspect of attendance like bringing earplugs, pulling kids out from in between cars, watching for 2 yr olds toddling down a parking aisle and future 10 year old receivers catching passes straight in the face of an F 350- couldn't we just bring our own fire extinguishers, fire blankets and drones armed with fire retardant???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the excuse for the student section in the upper deck

Oct 8, 2017, 4:06 PM

being mostly empty the entire 2nd half?

Re: What's the excuse for the student section in the upper deck

Oct 8, 2017, 5:05 PM

They probably moved down to the good seats big deal.

Why is everyone always worried about where to students are seated. They paid their tuition they can go to the game, leave when they want. Get over it already.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic