Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Report: Former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd arrested in Greenville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

FB Update: Report: Former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd arrested in Greenville

Sep 6, 2016, 11:57 AM

Report: Former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd arrested in Greenville

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing he found the individual that broke into his home....

Sep 6, 2016, 12:00 PM

And beat the crap out of him.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, no. Reported incident happened July 11th.***

Sep 6, 2016, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd arrested in Greenville

Sep 6, 2016, 12:00 PM

Wow very suprised

Our Tajh Boyd?

Sep 6, 2016, 12:01 PM

Hopefully he found the jacka$$es that broke into his home.

If it was the tools that stole his stuff

Sep 6, 2016, 12:02 PM

Count it as justice served and drop the charges

Sep 6, 2016, 12:03 PM

I hope, wish & pray that the assault is related to the individuals that broke into his house and stole his memorabilia... And further, that the judge presiding the case takes that into account if in fact it is true. Sorry to hear this news this afternoon...

Hope it was Connor Shaw on the other end.***

Sep 6, 2016, 12:03 PM

Come on, you know Tajh can't beat a gamecock.***

Sep 6, 2016, 2:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Technically

Sep 6, 2016, 12:05 PM

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal and/or civil liability.

Saying - "I'm going to whip your A$$!"

If you are a football player and say that to someone - technically - that's assault.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Technically

Sep 6, 2016, 4:02 PM

Are you taking Business Law right now in the Clemson MBA program? Just curious...because I am and that's what we just talked about in class!

Couldn't get in a night club

Sep 6, 2016, 12:05 PM

danmit

Re: Couldn't get in a night club

Sep 6, 2016, 12:10 PM

When keeping it real goes wrong. So stupid. And who pressed charges for being pushed? Got some soft bouncers in Greenville I guess.

Sep 6, 2016, 3:39 PM

The question is why the "victim" had to speak with his attorney before reporting the incident. Sounds like he saw dollar signs when he found out it was TB who pushed him.
I'm taking the whole thing with a proverbial grain of salt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 6:55 PM

Agreed 100%. If a person would sue over being shoved aggressively, they should not work as a doorman. This person saw a chance to take a shot at a high profile Tiger and did so, which is sad. Tajh is a good guy, even when he is out and about for the evening. I would not see him doing this unless provoked, and even then he did the right thing and left before the situation escalated further.

Re: he was wrong and should pay the consequences.***

Sep 6, 2016, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Couldn't get in a night club ]

wrong, you haven't heard his side of what happened***

Sep 6, 2016, 12:33 PM

People are always so quick to judge

Sep 6, 2016, 12:34 PM

There's a reason this guy waited 6 weeks to press charges, and I'd bet it starts with an "e" and ends with a "xtortion"

You know, tigerking, with a good number of Tajh haters,

Sep 6, 2016, 12:39 PM [ in reply to wrong, you haven't heard his side of what happened*** ]

there is another aspect that drives their hatred of Tajh, which if you just think a little you can figure out this aspect easily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sep 6, 2016, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: he was wrong and should pay the consequences.*** ]

I hope there's more to this story than what I just read. If not, I'm extremely disappointed in Tajh. Just plain stupid.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: he was wrong and should pay the consequences.*** ]

As bad as I hate to say it, you are correct. But if the guy was being an A$S about it and tried to man up to Tajh, I would have done the same bc I won't let another man use his position to loud talk or man up to me like he is fixing to do something to me. Even being old and disabled, I can't allow another man to handle me or challenge my manhood in that way. I would rather get my A$S whipped before wussing down to them!!! Respect me as a man and I'll do the same, but don't act like they are going to do something to me bc, we both are going to have a serious problem over that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You left out the

Sep 6, 2016, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: he was wrong and should pay the consequences.*** ]

IF!!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I can tell you pretty much what happened:

Sep 6, 2016, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Couldn't get in a night club ]

A bouncer who knows what he's doing will get real close to you, chest to chest almost, so you can't throw a punch and if it escalates he ends up wrestling with you until some help comes. It works here, but in England he would get a broken nose from a head-butt.

I'm betting that's what happened and Tajh took it as an aggressive move and pushed him away - not a punch, a push.

Sep 6, 2016, 12:08 PM

This says the assault happened at a bar and was unrelated to the burglary.

http://www.wistv.com/story/33026103/former-clemson-qb-tajh-boyd-arrested-on-assault-charge?clienttype=generic&sf35222320=1

Probably

Sep 6, 2016, 12:42 PM

gamecock fans being gamecocks!

Sep 6, 2016, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd arrested in Greenville ]

No where in that report did it tell what Tajh Boyd's side of that story was. Until I hear what Tajh says happened to cause him to put that guy on his A$S, I'll hold off on my judgement!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 12:09 PM

Wyff said it happened at a bar. ??

Sep 6, 2016, 12:13 PM

http://wspa.com/2016/09/06/fmr-clemson-quarterback-tahj-boyd-arrested-on-assault-charge/

Sep 6, 2016, 12:24 PM

That's disappointing. He's a good kid. Poor judgement that day on his part.

This is the full and real story

Sep 6, 2016, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd arrested in Greenville ]

The doorman wouldn't let him in and Boyd acted like a a jerk. Basically the same stuff bouncers deal with a dozen times a night at popular clubs, that's what they're paid and usually look like pro wrestlers. He initially had no idea that it was Boyd and really didn't know who Boyd is. He would not have done anything, but after a week of hearing from lawyers and customers how much he could get monetarily he decides to press charges. He's going to sue and is almost guaranteed a settlement. He'll probably walk away with $25000-$50000.

If he only heard from people for a week

Sep 6, 2016, 1:52 PM

then why did he wait like 6 weeks to report it? And are you saying you were there and saw what happened or did you just hear it from a guy who heard it from somebody else?

Seeing which lawyer promiced him the most***

Sep 6, 2016, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd has lots of money? I assumed he was a struggling

Sep 6, 2016, 2:10 PM [ in reply to This is the full and real story ]

post grad like many. He didnt make much money playing football and is now essentially a personal coach for hire, right?

Re: This is the full and real story

Sep 6, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to This is the full and real story ]

Says a coot!!!

I'm sure there's more to the story.***

Sep 6, 2016, 12:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm sure there's more to the story.***

Sep 6, 2016, 1:03 PM

Yes. He consulted his attorney so he try to get money from Tajh.

You don't need 2 months to consult an attorney unless the first 50 lawyers say they won't sue Tajh.

Sep 6, 2016, 1:21 PM

I worked as a bouncer around Clemson for years and had this sort of thing happen regularly but most of the time there are punches involved! A bouncer getting pushed is a lawsuit? Is this a joke? Hopefully a judge sees it for what it is! A money grab! This cheesy punk bouncer aughta be workin at a flower shop!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 2:47 PM

H&LL YESSS, he should be planting pansies!!!

Very disappointed inTB.***

Sep 6, 2016, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If this happened just like it was reported

Sep 6, 2016, 12:28 PM

Why would you need to contact your attorney? I'm sure this type behavior is common place at the bar, it's why they have the doorman.

Sounds like a trumped up charge....

Sep 6, 2016, 12:30 PM

Whatever happened if Tajh was an average joe, no charges. Sounds like a guy looking to bring down some one more successful

There is more to this than a denied entry into a nightclub

Sep 6, 2016, 12:33 PM

I am sure that is the plaintiff's story, and probably what he believes happened. I guarantee you there is more to it. I bet the doorman is a gamecock fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is more to this than a denied entry into a nightclub

Sep 6, 2016, 12:36 PM

As is common, maybe someone trying to get money or attention. Why did it take almost two months to press charges???

He wanted to speak with his attorney before filing a police

Sep 6, 2016, 12:40 PM

It says the night club owner wanted to speak with his attorney before filing a police report?

Why would he need to speak with his attorney before filing a complaint... Sounds like a cash grab to me

If someone assaults you, you file a report... There is no need to consult an attorney first, unless you are trying to build a case for a law suit.

you have to have your story straight

Sep 6, 2016, 2:22 PM

lawyers will help you with that

Re: you have to have your story straight

Sep 6, 2016, 2:52 PM

Exactly, the lawyers side of the story. All Tiger fans, boycott The Roxx on South Main Street in Greenville!!!

Re: He wanted to speak with his attorney before filing a police

Sep 6, 2016, 7:57 PM [ in reply to He wanted to speak with his attorney before filing a police ]

Yep, I would say this is exactly why the doorman waited, and he's most definitely after cash. Hopefully the judge sees it in this light too and considers the bouncers motives.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Hose Job: Tajh Boyd arrested in Greenville

Sep 6, 2016, 12:58 PM

What a ration of crap! The guy waits two months to press charges?! He's all "healed up" now from Tajh's rough treatment of him ( of course he wasn't hurt in the first place ). The guy probably waited to make sure that any eyewitnesses were long gone so that they couldn't contradict his story. I hope that he gets zero $$ and has to pay court costs for bringing frivolous charges and/or a lawsuit...

I don't think

Sep 6, 2016, 1:11 PM

I'll be going to "On the Roxx", any time soon. This does not sound like the TB we know.

I am confused......

Sep 6, 2016, 1:43 PM

It reads as if the bouncer (doorman) is the one to make the report, but it was the owner that got pushed. How can he file a police report if he was not the one that was pushed? The bouncer never says he was pushed, just the owner. Seems as if he is filing as a witness at this point, which he can not do. In his own words he was the one working the door and the owner came to the door later and was pushed. What am I missing here???

And Im confused whether he pushed a male or female, as it

Sep 6, 2016, 2:11 PM

says the push knocked "another" female down. Not cool to be shoving ladies.

Re: And Im confused whether he pushed a male or female, as it

Sep 6, 2016, 2:39 PM

I have not seen that. The report I read says: " At that time, the subject attempted to get into his face. He then shoved him with two hands in his chest causing him to fly through the doorway knocking a female and himself to the ground"

That was a mistake in the article. On the Roxx is owned

Sep 6, 2016, 2:52 PM

by two women. He shoved a bouncer

Ah, OK. Guess Greenville News transcribed incorrectly. They

Sep 6, 2016, 3:16 PM

still have it up incorrect in that case.

Re: Ah, OK. Guess Greenville News transcribed incorrectly. They

Sep 6, 2016, 8:00 PM

Lost "Tiger" - your comments and your 63% pulse are quite telling

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I am confused......

Sep 6, 2016, 2:56 PM [ in reply to I am confused...... ]

A Hijacking!!!

Tajh is not "barfighting guy" Shouldn'ta been there.***

Sep 6, 2016, 1:46 PM

"He did not report the incident right after it happened beca

Sep 6, 2016, 1:49 PM

use he wanted to speak with his attorney first." = wanted to see if he could get money out of this.

Heard East Miss CC is looking for a new QB with JF3 @ AU***

Sep 6, 2016, 2:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad this is highlighted at the top of a Clemson

Sep 6, 2016, 4:25 PM

sports board. We should put bad news about our school in big bold letters right at the top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 9:07 PM

There will be much more to this story. Count on it!

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic