Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program

Jun 30, 2017, 10:34 AM

Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CONGARTS JAKE YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGER GATOR!!!***

Jun 30, 2017, 10:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Jun 30, 2017, 11:26 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL***

Jun 30, 2017, 3:32 PM

We should have given a scholarship to someone who would not have wasted 2 years time.

Did you mean regerts? Were you eating a candy bar?***

Jun 30, 2017, 5:13 PM [ in reply to CONGARTS JAKE YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGER GATOR!!!*** ]

Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program

Jun 30, 2017, 11:07 AM

Good luck to you. Guess he just didn't have what it took to play at the next level mentally. I would think he's physically able just might not have football left in him. It's a lot of hard work can't blame him so good luck to you Jake where ever life takes you.

In my mind

Jun 30, 2017, 11:19 AM

Fruh got to Florida and realized how far off that program is from the standards Clemson has set and thought to himself "I immediately regret this decision... I've made a huge mistake!"

This may certainly not be the case... but I am the screenwriter of the stories in my head so that's how it went down for me lol.

I really do wish him the best of luck. Outside of sports we all realize that he's a 20(ish) year old man that is floundering at this point. For his sake I hope he can right the ship, however that may look for him. It befuddles me that he has seemingly squandered two great opportunities... but it's his life and not mine. I'm unable to judge him bc I've never been in the positions he's been in.

Re: In my mind

Jun 30, 2017, 11:23 AM

Considering Bruce Jenner, the iconic decathlon Olympian, no longer has a #####, a kid leaving two college football programs isn't all that shocking.

Jun 30, 2017, 11:23 AM

Seriously censors! I cannot use the medical terminology for a man's genitalia???

Jun 30, 2017, 11:30 AM

Why in the world would you bring Jenner into this?

Jul 1, 2017, 3:48 PM

It's a comment regarding the fact that more surprising things have happened with athletes.

Jun 30, 2017, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: In my mind ]

What turd u r

Sour grapes that Jenners rooster is bigger than yours?***

Jun 30, 2017, 7:52 PM

Re: Sour grapes that Jenners rooster is bigger than yours?***

Jul 1, 2017, 3:49 PM

I'll never know the size of the rooster, nor does it have any bearing on my comment(s)

Actually, Jenner still has his spigot...

Jun 30, 2017, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: In my mind ]

Surgery to his face, hair and chest was his desire, but he wouldn't go all in and do elective castration...

apparently that woman inside still had to take play second class citizen to the man he had grown to know and love...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2017, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: In my mind ]

Wow, that took a weird turn all of a sudden.

Jun 30, 2017, 1:02 PM [ in reply to In my mind ]

Should of been satisfied with your last paragraph. It's ok. Rest was just garbage. Who cares about your screenwriter stories. It's just speculation, which is not appreciated.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2017, 3:15 PM

There was nothing wrong with what he said. I am sick of tired of young pukes thinking they know what should be thought or said. Leave people the &^%$ alone.

Jul 1, 2017, 2:54 AM

Hang yourself, Pete.

What's this guys deal?

Jun 30, 2017, 11:22 AM

<###### src='//gifs.com/#####/step-brothers-fishing-RgE1NR' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='480px' height='360px' style='-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);' >

Jun 30, 2017, 11:44 AM

Fruh! I'm sure Dabo would let you come back if you're regretting the transfer.

Best of luck to ya buddy! You got time to figure this stuff out.

"Forgive us Our Trespasses, as we Forgive those who Trespass against Us."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2017, 11:51 AM

Something's going on with this feller. Hope he gets it all straight.

Jun 30, 2017, 12:58 PM

Total head case!

Jun 30, 2017, 12:22 PM

No matter what is going on with this kid he needs our prayers and support. Kids this day and time have many more pressures and temptations due to Social media and the internet have created major problems and challenges that kids have to deal with in today's society.

And unfortunately our public schools and universities are much more liberal. IMO Kids these days are pressured to compromise their views and beliefs to fit the politically correct crowd. IMO HS and college kids are under tremendous pressure from the politically correct crowd to accept their views or they are made to feel judgmental or unaccepting close minded people.

It's tragic that teenage suicide rates are historically higher and kids are struggling to fit in or found confidence in themselves. Many of you may think I am overstating the problem or to some I am a radical conservative.

Basically I feel we need God back into our society and daily lives more than ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2017, 6:05 PM

Right on!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2017, 2:48 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program ]

I agree. My son is six and sometimes I think about the issues he/we will face as he grows. He's a smart and happy kid right now and is surrounded by good people. God is strong in his life and I hope it stays that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2017, 3:33 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program ]

I'm 100% with you when you mention this guy deserves & needs our support. I absolutely hated when people speculated about what may have caused him to leave the program (people called him an alcoholic, weak-minded, broken-hearted from a relationship, etc). Sometimes things don't work, and whatever the cause is isn't any of our business.

Where I take exception to your post is when you start talking about liberal ideals, and suggesting that's the cause of the ills in today's society. While I agree that liberals make a huge contribution to the crappiness of today's society, I'd argue conservatives are just as guilty. You mention liberals pushing a "PC Culture" and suggest that may be the cause of higher suicide rates, but never consider a hard-line religious upbringing may cause a homosexual kid to kill himself rather than confess his "sin" to his parents. In my opinion, the problem with today's society is our willingness to totally shut out the other side, and simply dismiss them as ignorant or racist or "snowflakes" (yuck, I can't believe adults actually call other people that) or "libtards". The problem isn't an incorrect ideology, it's the lack of conversation. Due to technology, it's easier now more than ever to find a group of people who think EXACTLY like we do, and instead of speaking with people of different beliefs, we simply isolate ourselves and speak with people who think like us. In a perfect world that would be ok, but unfortunately when we only converse with people who think the same way we do, the people who think differently become convoluted from a person who has a different mindset than you, to a terrible person who is evil and wants to come after your way of life.

The best thing I ever did in my life was move to São Paulo, Brasil. I was fortunate enough to meet a beautiful young Brazilian girl who was studying abroad in Boston, fall in love with her, and then move to a place where I didn't speak the language, wasn't familiar with the culture, and the population of the city was over 20,000,000. Being 24 years old, thinking I knew everything about the world, and then getting my head firmly dunked into a giant figurative bucket of ice water was the best thing I could have done for myself and my mindset. By being so uncomfortable, feeling so out of place, and being forced to either learn a totally new language & culture or live a life of misery was the most enlightening thing I've ever experienced. I couldn't speak Portuguese for a long time, but I could understand it a bit, so for a long time I just listened to what people had to say. Whether I agreed with what they said or not didn't matter, I grew the patience to simply listen, because I simply didn't have the lingual capacity to rebut what they said. It didn't necessarily change what I thought politically or socially, but it did open my eyes to the idea of listening more to what others have to say, even if I vehemently disagree with them. I think this is something that is lost with a lot of people today, because it's much easier to just shout political/social opponents down if they don't agree with what you're saying.

Ultimately, I don't believe liberal/conservative belief systems are the problem, it's the infrastructure. We need to let ideas and speech flow freely & without restraint, whether we agree with it or not. I need to be able to speak with you about why I think X, and you should be able to tell me you believe Y, and while we don't necessarily agree with one another, we shouldn't paint each other as someone who's evil, or who's out to destroy the other person's way of life. The sooner we do all of this, the sooner we can come to an understanding and agree to destroy all Muslims.

Jul 1, 2017, 3:34 AM

I wish I didn't have to say this, but obviously the last sentence is meant as a joke.

the young man certainly needs prayer

Jul 2, 2017, 2:00 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program ]

but if you were truly discerning, you might recognize his issues are not about societal acceptance but are about patriarchal acceptance... Look no further than Big Poppa for the relevant issues, which were probably present from the first time a football was put in his hands...

We certainly need more spiritual obedience in society, but Jake needs spiritual guidance at home...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2017, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Former Clemson OT leaves Gators program ]

What a bunch of crap

You know nothing about the athlete or his situation--so keep out of it.

Keep your political junk off a sports board

Jun 30, 2017, 12:35 PM

I know he had some sort of shoulder injury that was preventing him from lifting.

At one point I had heard he wasn't even benching 225. That just isn't enough functional strength to compete and what you could see out of him was he had elite feet, but whenever a guy got into him he was just getting rag-dolled.

If that flared up again - or was never resolved - you can understand why he's having to quit.

Jun 30, 2017, 12:56 PM

Quozzel, I am with you, as a freshman, he had all you could ask for in a young OL prospect. S&C can get them stronger, and bulk will come in time, but he could mo e and had great footwork as you stated. He was the kind of kid who was pretty good as a freshman, but I loved his potential as a Jr-Sr. Oh well, things happen. Whatever his reasons, he caused no problems to my knowledge and truly wish him well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He must have been really coddled in HS by his coaches...

Jun 30, 2017, 12:51 PM

He probably thought we were too hard on him and left for greener pastures. Got to UF and realized how good he had it at Clemson and decided he couldn't swallow his pride and just get to work.

The new O'line coach at Florida is a tough guy to play for. See the article and the quote below. No way was this ever going to work out.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sp-gators-new-coaches-0217-story.html

“I’m a hard coach to play for,” said Davis, who turns 37 Friday. “I have a process, and I believe in that process. First of all, they have to know how much I care about them. Once I’ve captivated their attention and they understand how much I care about them they will allow me to push them harder. They will allow me to go out there and challenge them.

“They will allow me to go out there and chastise them and coach them hard.”

HEAD CASE

Jun 30, 2017, 2:06 PM

took up two area codes...

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

This whole situation seems weird.***

Jun 30, 2017, 6:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really pretty obvious don't you think. He allergic

Jun 30, 2017, 8:08 PM

to orange and doesn't even know it.

You guys are true idiots

Jul 2, 2017, 2:37 AM

Making this kid's problems political. Honestly, just idiots.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic