Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Live updates from Swinney's weekly press conference for FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Live updates from Swinney's weekly press conference for FSU

Sep 16, 2014, 11:11 AM

Live updates from Swinney's weekly press conference for FSU

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Live updates from Swinney's weekly press conference for FSU

Sep 16, 2014, 11:15 AM

Let me guess. Same crap coachspeak, different week.

Just please Dabo, if we get behind, please for once in the last 4 years try not to let the wheels come off the thing for a complete embarrassment.

Why don't you remind your players of those stats?? Why don't you remind them of the tweet Crab Legs sent saying that Death Valley was "our house." Why don't you for the love of God do something to make this team mean as a bunch of d@mn rattle snakes and want to kick the ever living sh!t out of somebody.

It should be everyone on our team's goal, that every time that ball is snapped Saturday, to ruin the opponents world in every sense of the word and take no pity. I know you're a good Christian man and all, and I love that. I have supported you from day one, but good Christian men can also get mad and angry and take that aggression out where it is deserved.

If you don't think that FSU team came in here last year with the intention of ruining our worlds on every snap, you're fooling yourself. How bout you get p!ssed off one good time and coach that way and lets see what happens??

You feel better?***

Sep 16, 2014, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No not at all, not until we start looking

Sep 16, 2014, 11:19 AM

like we deserve to be on the same field as FSU and SC.

It's fine to beat up on Syracuse and Wake. Glad we're not losing the games we're supposed to win for a change.

But I want you to honestly sit there and ask yourself a question. Who looked like the better coached and better football team against a common opponent in UGA. Clemson, or SCU? Take off the orange colored glasses and you may not like the answer.

Anyone in the country deserves to be on the field with USuCk

Sep 16, 2014, 11:21 AM

with their defense and the way the offense relies on huge plays through the air they're about to have a roller coaster of a season

Well, they managed to do something we couldn't do.

Sep 16, 2014, 11:29 AM

Heck they picked up 2 first downs in the second half. Not even talking about the win.

Some major changes seriously had better been made since that game, or this could get real ugly, real quick Saturday night.

Everybody put down the orange kool aid for a min. Are you really confident this offense can do what we need it to do to score enough to win in Doak? On Sat night primetime? With the whole country watching (again) and gameday is there.. FSU has every reason in the world to be pumped for this game. To again erase any doubt of who the top dog is in the ACC again.

Just do this, watch the body language of our players when they come out Sat night. If you see the same body language you saw in the Georgia Dome in 2008 against Bama, or the same body language you saw last year on the (2nd) bus ride around against FSU, we're in big, big, big trouble. Flame away if you must.

First let's answer this.

Sep 16, 2014, 11:40 AM

Who could do something with this FSU team. They are on a 17 game winning streak and to date nobody would be favored going into Doak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, they managed to do something we couldn't do.

Sep 16, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Well, they managed to do something we couldn't do. ]

No major changes need to be made.... but some changes are already in place. Starting LG, DE and CB did not play at UGa.

What the hell does it matter how USuCk looked compared to

Sep 16, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to No not at all, not until we start looking ]

us against UGA?

NOTHING. They are two separate and independent entities. (By that I mean neither has an affect on the other)

They played them at home, we played them on the road. The UGA coaches made some terrible play calls, so did ours.

Common opponents don't mean #### to me unless you are talking about tie-break situations.

I'll say it once more in a different way: the transitive property is NOT TRUE in college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No not at all, not until we start looking

Sep 16, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to No not at all, not until we start looking ]

Last year we looked like the better coached team against UGa.
In reality UGa, USC, Clemson are so close in talent and abilities that home field can be worth 3 to 10 points....
Last year the TOs took the crowd out of the FSU game at Clemson. We finished the year ranked 7th.... how many times has Clemson finished higher? I want to beat FSU and USC and i wanted to beat UGa... but I am not mad at the team or the coaching staff.... or any player and no fan should be!

Off the top of my head

Sep 16, 2014, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Live updates from Swinney's weekly press conference for FSU ]

Comebacks under Swinney:
1) Auburn 2011 - Down 14 early - Come back to win by 2 TDs

2) Maryland 2011 - Down a bunch a number of times, came back to win

3) Auburn 2012 - DOwn in 4th quarter - won

4) LSU peach bowl - Came back to win

5) Ohio State Orange bowl - Came back to win

So there's your "once" (5 times) "in the last 4 years" for ya

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Off the top of my head

Sep 16, 2014, 12:22 PM

UGA last year

That's true

Sep 16, 2014, 12:25 PM

I forgot about that. We were down somewhere in the first half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention that talking about the number of comebacks is

Sep 16, 2014, 12:31 PM

relatively useless.

When you win 30+ games in 3 years and only lose 8 it's hard to really "come back" in a lot of games.

Counting the 6 we've named, plus the 8 losses that's 14 games out of 40 that we were losing and came back, or couldn't come back from. Not that bad of a percentage.

Stop chopping and get mad Dabo!

Sep 16, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Live updates from Swinney's weekly press conference for FSU ]

Amen.

We knew he'd say all that.

Sep 16, 2014, 11:15 AM

Somebody ask him about FSU's defense of a good running attack so we can see him stutter.

is the gameplan now to get them pregnant?

Sep 16, 2014, 11:17 AM

"-There's been a long line of people have tried to knock them up. We're up next. "

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sounds like Fanus Jamass gonna' get some payback...***

Sep 16, 2014, 11:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did we move up to #15 last night?***

Sep 16, 2014, 11:25 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Crump- what was the question for

Sep 16, 2014, 11:33 AM

- "I can't give an honest answer without getting my butt ripped."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was referring to my poll below***

Sep 16, 2014, 11:36 AM

It this a Peters reference?***

Sep 16, 2014, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't be included on a family site***

Sep 16, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Crump- what was the question for ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Which one of the 5 out of 10 is this?***

Sep 16, 2014, 11:58 AM

null

Message was edited by: whenibleedibleedorange®

Re: FB Update: Live updates from Swinney's weekly press conference for FSU

Sep 16, 2014, 12:23 PM

Winston has no weaknesses, except seafood and women.

Shock the world tour 2014. ALL IN! Go Tigers!***

Sep 16, 2014, 12:27 PM

Great chance for us

Sep 16, 2014, 2:01 PM

Obviously this is one helluva challenge but I have a feeling we will show up. It all starts up front. If we give Stoudt and Watson a chance to throw, I believe we can attack the middle of the field by finally utilizing our TEs and also taking an occasional shot downfield. Defensively, we HAVE TO send pressure this year. Last year, we tried to force Winston to beat his with his mind and get "coverage sacks". That won't work this time around. Do whatever you can to make life uncomfortable (similar to what OK State did). I'm actually expecting a high scoring game with a key turnover that will shift the game in our direction (kind of like the 09 game in Miami). Clemson 31-FSU 28 in a mild upset.

Re: Great chance for us

Sep 16, 2014, 2:02 PM

Sorry for the typos

- Swinney on Winston: "I have a great respect for Winston as a football player."

Sep 16, 2014, 3:43 PM

Am I the only one who finds this funny? B/c I seriously doubt he respects the man

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic