Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kyrin Preister tweets about Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kyrin Preister tweets about Clemson

Sep 5, 2014, 11:48 AM

Kyrin Preister tweets about Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Kyrin Preister tweets about Clemson

Sep 5, 2014, 11:51 AM

very classy

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classy.***

Sep 5, 2014, 12:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chick Flick...

Sep 5, 2014, 4:52 PM

I need more explosions, bridge burning and sniping.

Sort of wish Dabo had said less about it.

Sep 5, 2014, 12:01 PM

Preister didn't even bother telling his side. He just made a classy statement. Maybe coaches should do this too. Leave the perspective of blame out, and just wish people luck.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got other people here whining about lack of details***

Sep 5, 2014, 12:06 PM

I don't mind details as much as I mind how he framed it.

Sep 5, 2014, 12:10 PM

Dabo said he has no respect for authority and he lost his way. That's a pretty certain moral judgement that Dabo made on a person who wasn't there to defend himself.

I find it better behavior to either describe what happened without tossing labels at other people or say "discipline issue." and leave it at that.

I think there is plenty of evidence that Dabo is a prideful, defensive person. He's made improvements on controlling it, but the guy has that as part of his personality, which is a dual edged sword.

Re: I don't mind details as much as I mind how he framed it.

Sep 5, 2014, 12:54 PM

I agree , the way he snuck it in the middle of a practice update was a little odd. It's most likely beneficial for both sides if the specifics of the incident or pattern were not released.

Can the same argument not be applied to "discipline issue"

Sep 5, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to I don't mind details as much as I mind how he framed it. ]

That doesn't show his side of the story and certainly sounds negative...

Yes, but there are differing degrees of negative.

Sep 5, 2014, 2:59 PM

Saying discipline issues, we wish him luck, is less negative than "the kid has no respect for authority" and that he "lost his way."

It's not the end of the world, or a big deal, but I think it's true.

I suppose, but to get kicked off the team requires a mighty

Sep 5, 2014, 3:19 PM

big issue (using past disciplinary actions by Dabo as a guide and assuming Dabo to be consistent). So I would think that him being dismissed says a lot more about the reason no matter how ambiguous Dabo's explanation.

Re: Yes, but there are differing degrees of negative.

Sep 5, 2014, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Yes, but there are differing degrees of negative. ]

I doubt Dabo based this dismissal on 1 incident. It would be very unlike him to make a snap judgement that would impact a kid's future like that, IMO. I have no reason to believe otherwise. Dabo has shown much class in victories and in defeats, and he certainly has shown class when dealing with discipline issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people are always looking for something that isn't

Sep 5, 2014, 11:23 PM

there but they keep searching.

Sep 6, 2014, 5:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes, but there are differing degrees of negative. ]

Dugatiger, really good and accurate post, IMHO.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2014, 9:43 AM

Thanks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think...

Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Yes, but there are differing degrees of negative. ]

saying that he lost his way was saying he is a good kid, but lost his way dealing with authority. I think that is saying he is not a lost cause and turn himself around if he changes his way. The last thing I would want for child is to have no respect for authority. That is a sure failure on life.

Maybe the kid did not want his side of the story told because he knows he was wrong. You and I both know that is a scripted response. I sincerely hope the young man takes his dismissal as a lesson learned and gets on the right track.

discipline is training yourself or others to obey rules or a code of behavior. Respect for authority is becoming a lost art these days. For every action, there is a reaction. It can be a good reaction or bad reaction. The person that does not respect authority makes his own bed and has to lie in it.

The really sad thing is that these good hs players are coddled by schools, coaches and the town people. They do not want to lose that player and let all of this slide. The kids starts to believe he can do anything and still wear that uniform. The good players in hs should be treated no differently than the worst player on the TEAM..yep TEAM.

I am sure no one believes this was a one time thing and Dabo kicked him off the team. That is not Dabo's way. Just because it had not been mentioned before does not mean that it just happened overnight.

Another said thing is if he had not been a 3*, it would not even be a conversation. That is said, also.

Sep 5, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to I don't mind details as much as I mind how he framed it. ]

not debating with you, just giving another perspective...

hindsight is always 20/20, to frame this another way, maybe Priester has had time to cool off and realized that as a 19 year old, he made a grave mistake in his actions and realize that consequences do come to those who cross the line. this could also appear that the "good kid" has "found his way".

the truth hurts, but sometimes for the good of those that need to face it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2014, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I don't mind details as much as I mind how he framed it. ]

Probably got in a coaches face.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 5, 2014, 6:28 PM

My estimation, too. This didn't just occur for no good reason, and I would bet it came after several instances. There are those on here who love to try and pick apart what Dabo does. Sad, really!

Sep 6, 2014, 5:51 AM [ in reply to I don't mind details as much as I mind how he framed it. ]

Don't you think that you are doing exactly what you accuse Dabo of doing?

Read the whole statement, "He said he is a good kid, he just lost his way">

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sort of wish Dabo had said less about it.

Sep 5, 2014, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Sort of wish Dabo had said less about it. ]

Well, he has to say SOMETHING. Sure wasn't a violation of team rules. Dabo sounded frustrated and disappointed. Priester's statement probably came from a couple of days' worth of perspective and realizing he was in the wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Sort of wish Dabo had said less about it. ]

Jesus please save of all from being so fickle minded. There was no less than 99.999% of the posters here on T-Net that has stated that they wished Dabo would have told us exactly what it was that Kyrin did and said. Where was he standing when he said it, what expression was on his face when he did it, and where was the second hand on his watch after he did what he did, or said what he said.;) Now after Kyrin has showed some class since the incident, we are now feeling that maybe Dabo should have said less or nothing about the whole incident. But that's alright, we will make our minds up sooner than later maybe. :) ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't speak for those who wanted more details.

Sep 5, 2014, 3:08 PM

Maybe you can find someone who actually said that and then bust them for changing their mind. Good luck.

Sep 5, 2014, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Sort of wish Dabo had said less about it. ]

Most people are griping because Dabo did not say enough. The man is going to catch hell no matter what he does.

Maybe Dabo did say less about it. There's probably

Sep 7, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Sort of wish Dabo had said less about it. ]

more to this than just a poor attitude.

What a shame, all that talent and he's throwing it away

Sep 5, 2014, 12:02 PM

Coaches seem to be able to forgive criminal behavior as long as youre a team player. But, if you get labeled as a team cancer and bad attitude, coaches dont want that.

Look at Bellamy, all that talent wasted with a poor attitude and bad behavior.

Re: What a shame, all that talent and he's throwing it away

Sep 5, 2014, 1:05 PM

Gotta' say this...I have no idea what happened..nor do any of you here but I have no problem with a person having a bad attitude about not playing if he transfers that attitude to working harder .

When a person has the desire to excel they generally have an attitude...it's called being a WINNER !

Re: What a shame, all that talent and he's throwing it away

Sep 5, 2014, 11:27 PM [ in reply to What a shame, all that talent and he's throwing it away ]

The thing is, we do not know what happened. For all we know, he could have cussed Dabo out in front of the entire team. It is hard to make informed decisions without proper information. That is why I will just trust that Dabo did the right thing. Look what Charlie strong did at Texas. Dabo is mild compared to Charlie.

Who was the player

Sep 12, 2014, 5:15 PM [ in reply to What a shame, all that talent and he's throwing it away ]

that beat that girl with the towel rod in Clemson House that wasn't dismissed from the team?

Re: Who was the player

Sep 12, 2014, 5:44 PM

I don't know what the kid did but if Dabo had said he was dismissed for breaking team rules there would have been all sorts of speculation. Some would have accused him of doing drugs or theft. It's best to let it go as having a bad attitude.

Sep 12, 2014, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Who was the player ]

The answer is no-one, no clemson player ever beat a girl with a towel rod.

Sep 12, 2014, 6:09 PM

How soon we forget the transgressions of our teams. Good thing we have rivals(and Google) that won't let us.

“Wesh struck Craig with an eyebrow razor and Craig then struck her with a towel rod.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/04/clemson-wont-suspend-freshman-receiver-after-altercation-with-female/

That quote makes it sound like self defense.

Sep 12, 2014, 6:12 PM

As oppose to coots just straight up robbin people and getting shot in the midst of a drug deal...

Sep 5, 2014, 12:56 PM

I wonder if the bad attitude was about no playing time or something like that. Very possible kid thought he should have been playing. Maybe he was right maybe he was wrong but wish him luck at lville or auburn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2014, 2:47 PM

I have not heard any details as to the behavior which led to the decision. Having said that, and without any details, at this point - Priester just outclassed Dabo. Once again he comes off petty and whiney in these matters. Of course he gets paid big bucks to run it as he sees fit.

So you admit

Sep 5, 2014, 2:53 PM

That you have no information about the situation, or any ####### clue what you are talking about, and then jump to the conclusion that Dabo whines and was outclassed by a person that was kicked off of his own football team?

Please commit TNET suicide. Now.

His point is that without knowing what happened, all we have

Sep 5, 2014, 2:57 PM

are the opposing comments that each made in public. An isolated comparison of those two public comments does appear to favor Priester. That doesn't mean that Dabo was wrong or that he is handling things poorly, but it does mean Priester played it classier in that one particular instance.

That certainly is a secondary point. The much more important issue is whether or not Dabo was justified in kicking Priester off the team. Nobody here has enough information to make that judgement. The odds are definitely that Priester made a terribly stupid decision.

Re: So you admit

Sep 5, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to So you admit ]

First, I said I have seen no details - nor have you. However, in the absence of any details a dozen posters have offered perceptions - as did I that Priester gave a classy response. And as others have suggested, Dabo can come off as defensive and in this case perhaps offered too much info - particularly if he chooses to not support those judgements. Sorry pal - try not to be defensive, too.

I've always found

Sep 5, 2014, 3:04 PM

That when I have no idea about a situation, I keep my premonitions and opinions to myself because it can make you look foolish. We have no idea the severity or Priester's actions, and perhaps by citing attitude problems Dabo was saving this man a good bit of embarrassment and shame. But again, I don't know. I'll trust Dabo over an 18 year old and let it be.

Re: I've always found

Sep 5, 2014, 4:18 PM

Dabo lost some trust and credibility with me when I saw him jump out of his car when an officer was pulling him over.

That being said I don't care who he is as a person as long as he wins football games and runs a clean program.

Re: I've always found

Sep 6, 2014, 6:16 AM [ in reply to I've always found ]

Excellent post, excellent!!

Gamedick***

Sep 5, 2014, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: So you admit ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: So you admit

Sep 6, 2014, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Re: So you admit ]

Tell me what choice did Kyrin have in this situation. Do you think he is going to post f bombs all over the place and present a completely negative attitude? Dabo said "he is a good kid, he just lost his way." Kyrin, according to what I have read, probably has a future in football somewhere, maybe even professionally, so the prudent thing to do was to post the tweet he did. Anything other than that would have poisoned the whole system against him.

Don't you love it when coots talk about class, something

Sep 5, 2014, 11:27 PM [ in reply to So you admit ]

they know nothing about and never will.

i've seen the details, priester was dismissed from the team

Sep 5, 2014, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kyrin Preister tweets about Clemson ]

for behavior & conduct detrimental to it.

i don't recall dabo mentioning kyrin was a moron, so with his future in doubt i wouldn't expect him to burn bridges, but i did see dabo say kyrin was a good kid and it seems with that tweet kyrin proved dabo right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I beleive Dabo actually said that he was a bright kid who

Sep 5, 2014, 4:10 PM

just lost his way. Dabo isn't one the slander a kid's name and as you said he doesn't want to burn an bridges. It just wasn't working at this time

Re: i've seen the details, priester was dismissed from the team

Sep 5, 2014, 6:33 PM [ in reply to i've seen the details, priester was dismissed from the team ]

Classy post for a young man who is facing adversity.

Re: i've seen the details, priester was dismissed from the team

Sep 6, 2014, 6:18 AM [ in reply to i've seen the details, priester was dismissed from the team ]

Post of the Month!!!

Sep 6, 2014, 6:04 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kyrin Preister tweets about Clemson ]

I don't agree at all. You state you have no details but then you make a statement about Dabo getting outclassed. Is it because Kyrin tweeted what he tweeted? Would you say the same about Kelly? Dabo is one of the classest coaches I have ever seen and he runs a classy program. Let's not forget that this is college and is about teaching in a lot of areas - discipline, effort, achievement, social issues, and yes, spirit, etc.

Sep 5, 2014, 10:39 PM

Yea, a very classy statement by his advisor.

The juxtaposed high-road/low-road quotes make Dabo look bad.***

Sep 5, 2014, 10:45 PM

LOL. Exaggerate much?

Sep 6, 2014, 12:06 AM

Dabo didn't look bad at all - he gave the basic reason the kid was let go, otherwise folks like you would be bit-chin that he didn't say enough. Say more, and you'd be griping. Say less, and you'd still be trying to find fault. You're trying entirely too hard fella.

Exaggerate much? - Yes he does, good comeback

Sep 6, 2014, 8:34 AM

thanks!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL. Exaggerate much?

Sep 7, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to LOL. Exaggerate much? ]

Razz hasn't approved of Dabo as HC from day 1, but he usually supports his gripes with some facts. Still, it serves no purpose to try and pick apart things Dabo has put into place, including an expectation of integrity, attitude, work ethic, etc. that are having a very positive effect of our team and our university. Having been a team member, I appreciate now, more than I ever did when I was playing, just how divisive it is when part of the team is visibly critical. I don't question Dabo's morals, his intent, his expectations nor really his discipline for not getting all in. So many parents want there kids at Clemson just because of that, and so do many, if not most, of the guys we sign.

Nobody cares what you think Cootmatazz***

Sep 12, 2014, 7:29 PM [ in reply to The juxtaposed high-road/low-road quotes make Dabo look bad.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic