Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kiffin discusses if Alabama would have beat Clemson with him calling plays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kiffin discusses if Alabama would have beat Clemson with him calling plays

Mar 30, 2017, 12:18 PM

Kiffin discusses if Alabama would have beat Clemson with him calling plays

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tooooo late, that's tooooo bad!***

Mar 30, 2017, 12:22 PM

Re: Tooooo late, that's tooooo bad!***

Mar 30, 2017, 7:53 PM

The advantage was with Alabama in the sudden change .
You're talking about less than a week for Clemson to prepare for what amounted to a completely different game .
I don't know that Sarkisian lost it ....but Alabama's defense couldn't win it , either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dang it Lane.....

Mar 30, 2017, 12:26 PM

Fine time for you to give a non controversial answer.

Don't you know we got this 'Big Dex to Oregon' thing going on?

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Kiffin discusses if Alabama would have beat Clemson with him calling plays

Mar 30, 2017, 12:29 PM

still hate this guy and view him as a weasel and cry baby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But wasn't he the rascal who coined the phrase....

Mar 30, 2017, 12:46 PM

"gas pumper" when describing the coots? ;)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not my play caller

Mar 30, 2017, 12:39 PM

to worry about it.

Re: FB Update: Kiffin discusses if Alabama would have beat Clemson with him calling plays

Mar 30, 2017, 1:08 PM

Just another excuse for the Alabama shame train.

I hope he loses a bet and has to legally change his name to Lame

That's a respectable answer.***

Mar 30, 2017, 1:17 PM

Ya think CU's D had something with only 7 points in 4th qtr?***

Mar 30, 2017, 1:33 PM

Re: Ya think CU's D had something with only 7 points in 4th qtr?***

Mar 30, 2017, 2:14 PM

Now he did throw Saban under the bus with the things he said about putting Sarkisian in a bad position!!! Even tho he was, but publicly he could have kept it to his self.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2017, 2:29 PM

Maybe a little bit of a bad situation, but the wheel wasn't reinvented. Sark had been there long enough to know everything about Bama's program.

The truth is: Bama did not have both their brains working against Clemson at the same time.

Sark was fully capable. His hiring by the Falcons as their OC, weeks later, is plenty of proof in that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2017, 2:31 PM

Saban thought this would keep us guessing on defense but our defense was too good!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 30, 2017, 2:38 PM

Apparently he missed the memo when Coach Venables totally switched things up on Ohio St, and left them not only bewildered but also staring down a goose egg, for a score, as time expired.

Mar 30, 2017, 3:52 PM

This whole subject is a laugh riot !

What is Kennedy hadn't gone to Dallas?

Mar 31, 2017, 7:24 AM

Shut up Kiffin, already....

No..He would have called Cover Zero on the last play too***

Mar 30, 2017, 5:25 PM

No, we were at a disadvantage when Kiffen left......

Mar 30, 2017, 5:56 PM

It has been my opinion that we were actually at a disadvantage when Kiffen left and it's why Saben made the move the week of the game. Venables had a year to study every play Kiffen ever called and knew all his tendancies in every situation. Bringing in a new offensive coordinator the week of the game changed everything and we lost whatever advantage we had. Venables did a great job with very little time. But it was my opinion when it happened that it was Saban's belief he would catch us off guard and we would lose all the work Venables certainly would have put into a game plan, and much more than just one week. I think the game would not have been so close with Kiffen calling the plays. Just my opinion.

I listened to the whole interview this a.m.

Mar 30, 2017, 6:07 PM

He was a little self deprecating and overall it was a pretty good and looong interview.

Clay asked him what he thought of Tosh's impressions. Lane said he liked them and I actually think he meant it.

Still dont like the guy but a little less so today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2017, 9:55 PM

No kudos to Clemson? Surprising to me!

Lane couldn't have saved them because

Mar 31, 2017, 4:23 AM

"the world's greatest all-time defense" couldn't handle 100 Clemson offensive plays. They got flat wore out by a team that should be given more credit for how they won rather than playing the what ifs with the team that lost.

Mar 31, 2017, 6:16 AM

If "ifs and buts were nuts", you know the rest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2017, 8:24 AM

Candy, don't forget the candy.... Kiffin has the look of the Weasel...cant you see him stealing eggs while the mother bird is out finding food?

"Would have beat?!?" Come on, it should be beaten.***

Mar 31, 2017, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic