Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"

Apr 30, 2016, 11:44 PM

Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"

Apr 30, 2016, 11:50 PM

Hope you prove your worth Jayron. Go get it. Not sure I'd say this though. Who knows when you might need one of those 31 teams to pick you up if you don't make the cut.

Best of Luck Jayron***

May 1, 2016, 12:07 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am going on a limb

May 1, 2016, 8:51 AM

In my opinion....
Kearse has as much upside as anyone on our defense. And maybe, just
maybe as much as anyone in the draft.
I guess his past played a role in his draft stock. "IF" the Vikings
can motivate him. He's got ALL NFL potential, that's right.

He will need to be ready to go as quickly as possible once Viking's
camp begins.

May 1, 2016, 1:47 AM

If he makes the final roster, which I certainly believe he can, I would try to get the # 31. When something happens that you don't like, take it, own it, and make it work for you!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good idea; he may have to trade with someone***

May 1, 2016, 6:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 spots from Mr. Irrelevent

May 1, 2016, 2:06 AM

I hope he does make them pay but he lost a lot of $ over the second half of this year. Seemed to have lost all his energy chasing down the Louisville WR. Maybe Mac helped get him a job though JK might have been better off as a FA. When he hits the Vikings camp, I hope they see the earlier version.
NFL Scouting Report - Weaknesses - Built more like a rail-­thin shooting guard than a safety. Play demeanor and effort level can best be described as blasé. Slow to get set pre­snap. When playing near line of scrimmage, was slow to diagnose counters and got stuck out of position to make tackles. Want to see more urgency to make plays near in the box. Can be mismatched in man coverage by shifty slot receivers. May be too tall to open hips and accelerate quickly enough in man and change of direction is inconsistent. Production level should be much higher with his physical gifts. Too many busts in coverage leading to free running receivers.
Draft Projection Rounds 5 or 6
Sources Tell Us "He's a big guy, but he just doesn't make many plays. You see him out there just drifting around sometimes and you just wish he had the same attitude and fire that the rest of that defense has because he could be so much better. Do you draft him on traits and hope your coaches reach him?" -- NFC southeastern scout
Bottom Line Odds are that Kearse will test well and with his length and ability, he very well may go much higher than the grade I have on him. To play safety, there needs to be a sense of urgency and consistency because that position is the last line of defense and Kearse doesn't show those traits nearly enough at this time. If the light comes on and he gets more dog in him, then we are talking about a substantially better NFL player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9 spots from Mr. Irrelevent

May 1, 2016, 2:07 AM

Should have stayed an extra year to develop.

May 1, 2016, 2:44 AM

Man that video was not very becoming of him. He sounded like a kid who didn't get his way. I know he is emotional and was very scared, but saying you threw 31 caps on the ground just sounds like talk. Hopefully he can live up to the Kearse we know he can be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2016, 4:57 AM

MN passed many times also.

May 1, 2016, 5:29 AM [ in reply to Re: 9 spots from Mr. Irrelevent ]

Coming back wouldn't have benefitted him unless he gave more effort more often.

May 1, 2016, 7:54 AM

And it may not have benefited us either. I'll take a young guy that's hungry. Wish you the best Jayron

May 1, 2016, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: 9 spots from Mr. Irrelevent ]

That is true. Had he come back and repeated his performance of the 2nd half of last season, he probably wouldn't get a sniff at a fraft pick. I do think it would have benefitted him by giving him a chance to give it his best effort (assuming what we saw the 2nd half of the year was a fluke). I know this guy can make plays. We all have seen him do some amazing things at times. I just hope he demonstrates that every day in practice and really turns some heads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he plays like he did against the last five teams....

May 1, 2016, 9:34 AM [ in reply to 9 spots from Mr. Irrelevent ]

He will not make it through week one of rookie camp. I really lost it for him when I saw UNC's little number three run through him at the 9 yard line to go on and score with 1:30 left in the ACC champ game. His performance in the NC versus bama was pathetic and when he gets to the NFL they will have no mercy. Unlike TV game shows you don't play football with your mouth.

May 1, 2016, 12:54 PM [ in reply to 9 spots from Mr. Irrelevent ]

A change in this story with another player, and that is Kimshitshe. I honestly believe that he lost a ton of money by changing his commitment from Clemson to Ole Missy. Dabo would have put him in line and straighten him up with his first incident. And being coached under our defensive coaching staff, he would have been a top 5 lock. Mommy dearest cost her baby boy millions. I wonder if she has ever been informed of that by anybody seeing how well Clemson has done with our defensive players the past 3 years!!! She sure enough has proven herself as being an IDIOT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2016, 3:07 PM [ in reply to 9 spots from Mr. Irrelevent ]

All VERY valid points, but I don't know that another year with us would have been the slap in the face that he needed. Falling to just 9 spots from the bottom of the draft is a true gut check. If he will take that and use it to his benefit, he has upside like no other in the draft. I hope he is very angry.

May 1, 2016, 6:37 AM

You better worry about making the team first. 7th rounders are just as likely to get cut as they are to make the 53 man roster.

May 1, 2016, 6:57 AM

Sadly JK will now be the example of the player that lost by going early. Wish him the best, believe he has handled his situation with a lot less character than he was taught under the Tiger program! You're with "THE MEN" now time to act it! Best of luck, and go gettem TIGER!!!

This young man would do well to revisit DeQaun Bowers

May 1, 2016, 7:40 AM

comments, as he said essentially the same thing. Bowers had a lot more talent than JK, and he is barely hanging around the fringes of the league. Better to prove it on the field, the NFL cares not one iota about talk, they only pay for action.

Re: This young man would do well to revisit DeQaun Bowers

May 1, 2016, 11:44 AM

Sometimes they pay for hype. Clowney says "hello". Your point is well taken, though. I hope he shows that his talent can be put to productive use consistently on the field.

May 1, 2016, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay" ]

I believe that every player that left early could have improved their NFL stock by staying for their last year of college FB. I just don't think these guys could have to much playing experience when applying for a job on an NFL roster, but they could have to little with just one year as a starter. Team owners and HC-es have said time and time again that they wished these guys would use up all their college eligibility for being better prepared for playing Pro FB. Just like someone said the other day, the clothes, cars, and the girls will still be there the following year after their senior year, and they would have even more money in their pockets for getting all those things. We would for sure win the NC this coming season with all our juniors coming back. I do believe that with Shaq, Dodd, Green, Kearse and Alexander, if they were still on our D this coming season, we would have an awesome and very nasty Offense and Defense for 2016, and we would have been the best team in college FB. IMPO, by leaving early, they hurt themselves bc they could have been playing on what could have been one of the best college teams that has played for a NC in quite a long time, we would have been that good. And that would have improved their stock a lot in the NFL draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you see a guy like Shaq who needs shoulder surgery and

May 1, 2016, 3:35 PM

injured his knee in the championship game. You see Mack miss his entire freshman year then hurt both hamstrings in the CFPs. You see guys like Jaylon Smith at ND and Miles Jack at UCLA, guys that were top 5-10 talents, fall into the 2nd round after suffering major injuries that cost them maybe as much as $10M.

You see that and you still wonder why these guys leave early when they have possible 1st round draft grades?

It wasn't leaving early that hurt him, it was his effort

May 1, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay" ]

while he was here. I sincerely believe that if he had come back we would've gotten more of the same. He needed something to shake him up and motivate him, and maybe this is that thing.

Re: It wasn't leaving early that hurt him, it was his effort

May 1, 2016, 3:45 PM

like he did the last 6 teams on our schedule this year?????????????????? LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2016, 7:29 AM

No offense to JK, but he has nobody to blame but himself. His future was in HIS hands, and how he performed on the stage he was given. NCG, ACCCG, and several other games were his stage, and he flopped in front of everybody. It was to the point that most of us wondered if he was injured and CLEMSON was keeping it a secret.

No Jayron - stop blaming the other 31 teams and just thank the ONE team that is giving you a second chance. You flopped on the your first chance, but you are one of the lucky ones. Now take advantage of it, or you will be blaming 32 teams for your failures.

Man up dude.

The Vikings passed on him6 times

May 1, 2016, 8:35 AM

Maybe the young man should Thank GOD for the chance to work his way onto a pro team after letting his college team down. Learn from your mistakes,don't continue being stupid.We all make them.

He has the tools. Shame he didn't show that fire playing.***

May 1, 2016, 9:38 AM

looking the part in the NFL won't be

May 1, 2016, 10:04 AM

Enough and busts will get you cut.

May 1, 2016, 10:08 AM

He needs to work extremely hard to make this more than just TALK. He was blessed with all the physical tools in the world, and has gotten far taking advantage of them. Now he needs to develop the work ethic to maximize the utilization of his potential.

Otherwise this will end up being just TALK.

May 1, 2016, 11:42 AM

Fun fact. 7th round picks have historically only made the 53 man roster for the Vikings 65% of the time. I hope Jayron is ready to commit to training and improving.

May 1, 2016, 11:52 AM

Blah, Blah, Blah......Wish he would have made "Alabama pay".....

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic