Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win

Oct 19, 2017, 11:40 AM

GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow this really sounds like a great cause and something

Oct 19, 2017, 12:02 PM

that I won't have a snowball's chance in he## of ever even considering donating to.

Roll yourself over to jump landing school already, you amateur.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow this really sounds like a great cause and something

Oct 19, 2017, 1:35 PM

He should sue the school when he was unprepared for winning.

Re: FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win

Oct 19, 2017, 11:08 AM

Many of the Cuse fans sitting near us were drinking the whole game. No telling how many beers some of them had. They booed our players when they were injured and had some very unkind comments such as "Get off the field" and "Don't leave the pocket if you can't take a hit!" Karma?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win

Oct 19, 2017, 12:24 PM

During halftime my wife was walking the inside concourse to exercise. A group of Cuse fans (no doubt drunk) walking in the opposite direction shouted at her "Clemson sucks" demonstrating such wonderful Yankee sportsmanship. Gofund that! Not gonna happen.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 1:09 PM

I get your point but that happens everywhere including Clemson.

Oct 19, 2017, 1:18 PM

Yes, Clemson is guilty of this too. No fanbase is immune from ahole fans.

Oct 19, 2017, 1:56 PM

I've never heard a clemson fan say we suck

Oct 19, 2017, 2:50 PM

ya musta notta been 'round during the '98 season..

Oct 19, 2017, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win ]

You must have missed the Hatfield and West years.

Oct 19, 2017, 10:08 PM

Those years were exceptions. They were sent to us to know what sucking was like. The message seems to have been learned well, because we never have forgotten.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win ]

Have you been reading tnet since Friday???

Tell’em Coot***

Oct 19, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win ]

Have you ever been to a Clemson game? I have been going every week we have had a home game for 40+ years, and I never have heard anything even close to that coming from a Clemson fan. Now, I have heard that and worse from coot fans, ugay fans, GT fans, NCSU fans, etc, but proudly, I never have heard it from a Clemson fan, including Clemson student fans, and yes, I attend all home games, and at least 2 away games each year (and most years 3 or 4) so yes, I have been there a lot. I never have heard it, never have seen it, and never even have heard a rumor of it happening from a credible source. I am sorry this young man was hurt, but it was a self inflicted wound. Maybe, if they won more often, it could have been avoided. I hope they win more games, other than any they play against us, and I hope the young man heals up, but I also hope he practices better judgement in the future. We are not responsible for his idiocy, however. I do hope he heals up and has learned a great lesson - pull for Clemson, and wins will be more commonplace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have heard this and worse

Oct 20, 2017, 7:12 AM

I have watched Clemson fans harass FSU fans in the upper deck, try to start fights with NC State fans that I had brought as my guests to the game, and even issue me a death threat. So yes, it does happen. I will say it happens less often than at other places, and much less often now than it did in years past. But it's naive to think Clemson is completely void of this kind of boorish behavior, especially when the alcohol has been flowing.

Re: I have heard this and worse

Oct 23, 2017, 1:49 PM

Have I ever heard or seen any bad behavior at a Clemson game? Yes, but it is very rare and nothing in comparison to what I have experienced elsewhere. Glad I don't sit or park near you. Funny how different your world is from mine and from what I hear from most people who visit our stadium.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

Oct 23, 2017, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: GoFundMe page started for Syracuse fan that broke both legs celebrating win ]

Agree. And to further your point, 90+% of the fans I dealt with Friday (and the last time we played there) were incredibly welcoming and good sports. Yes, there is the occasional trash, but we aren't immune to that either.

ill never get over them booing our injured players

Oct 19, 2017, 12:11 PM

not donating a dime

Didnt we do that to LSU

Oct 19, 2017, 12:16 PM

And Syracuse at home in 2014 ? I was there for both- we did. pretty embarassing on our part

That being said- he should sue the school for putting up too high a wall to jump over and settle out of court.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didnt we do that to LSU

Oct 19, 2017, 12:24 PM

You're right - we did it to Syracuse in 2014. I was there.

That was different...

Oct 19, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Didnt we do that to LSU ]

It was pretty obvious those clowns were faking.

There was video evidence of an LSU coach motioning for a player to lay down. The guy falls-over like he passes-out or something. As soon as the official stops the clock, the alleged injured player hops right up and runs to the sidelines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 19, 2017, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Didnt we do that to LSU ]

Did our QB come back in the game...because their players did after one play...for both teams. There's a difference between real obvious injuries and people faking cramps to slow down play...their fans obviously can't tell the difference.

It was pretty obvious they were faking injuries.

Oct 19, 2017, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Didnt we do that to LSU ]

Their players were back in 1-2 plays later.

FAKE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: It was pretty obvious they were faking injuries.

Oct 19, 2017, 2:05 PM

Kelly Bryant was not faking, and he was the player who Cuse fans yelled "Don't leave the pocket if you can't take a hit" Great sportsmanship, not! Plus none of the more rational Cuse fans said nothing to the jerks.

Tiger Band member here

Oct 19, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Didnt we do that to LSU ]

I was in band in 2014. Before the Tiger Band halftime show, I was standing on the Cuse sideline as we waiting to take the field, about 5 minutes before the 2nd quarter ended.

Those Cuse coaches were telling their players to fake injuries. I physically heard Scott Schafer tell one of their safeties "if they get into the red zone, go down, fake a cramp, whatever, but GO DOWN".

Sure enough, we drove towards the Hill endzone, attempted a pass into the endzone, and the Cuse Free Safety went down just as he was instructed.

I also saw lots of Syracuse players coming over the bench to fight the band. They were getting in our faces, a lineman took a swing at one of the drum majors. They were trash talking, throwing stuff at Clemson fans, flipping off the crowds, etc. and the coaches were right alongside encouraging their players, their S&C coach was telling the Cuse players to "light them up and kick their ###", and he was referring to Cuse players starting fights with Clemson fans. Yup, one of their assistant coaches was encouraging his players to swing at Clemson fans and jaw at them. Schafer and the DLine coach were telling the Cuse DLineman to "hit Stoudts injured shoulder, take him off the roster", as in "hit Stoudt so hard that we re injure his shoulder and end his career".

I was shocked to witness this in person, and there are dozen of other Tiger Band members that saw this too.

I know there is a new coach, Dino Babers, but there are still players and assistant coaches on that squad that were there under Schafer. That thug culture is still alive and well at Syracuse, believe me.

The bottom line is that Syracuse is nothing but a bunch of thugs. They act like thugs, they practice like thugs, they play like thugs, and their coaches encourage them to act like thugs on the field because they know that's the only chance they have at winning. Its sad. I cant stand that program and it sucks that we lost to them, but I am very happy our program and coaches don't encourage that type of culture. Its sad.

Scott Schafer was awful

Oct 19, 2017, 5:45 PM

I can't stand the fact that he coaches a couple hours from where I live now. I can smell how bad he stinks from here.

That said - I have a lot of respect for Dino Babers. I don't think he is or will run his program like Schafer did. If he finds out that his holdover coaches are pulling the kind of crap they pulled under Schafer, I think Babers is man enough to fire them. And they certainly won't be going with him to his next (better) job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scott Schafer was awful

Oct 20, 2017, 8:17 AM

I like Dino too, but didn't appreciate the attempt to re-injure KB's ankle with a twist by the cuse player after KB released the ball. Hope it wasn't in their game plan but you never know.

Re: Scott Schafer was awful

Oct 20, 2017, 12:39 PM

I like Dino too.

But that was absolutely in their gameplan. Maybe not Dino's gameplan, but that thug culture is hard to get rid of. They were doing it intentionally.

YEAH, we did it to LSU in 2011 and Cuse in 2014... after

Oct 19, 2017, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Didnt we do that to LSU ]

multiple quarters of them falling to the ground to slow us down. Cuse fans last Friday booed our first player that went down in the 1st quarter - uncalled for.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Oct 19, 2017, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Didnt we do that to LSU ]

You must be an attorney. Ambulance chaser type.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA too.

Oct 20, 2017, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Didnt we do that to LSU ]

However, the booing was because it was flagrantly obvious they were faking injuries. Not because they were actually injured.

Re: ill never get over them booing our injured players

Oct 19, 2017, 5:34 PM [ in reply to ill never get over them booing our injured players ]

Drunk Yankees jumping over walls they are not supposed to jump over and getting hurt don't get much sympathy from me.

shouldnt Coors Lite or Miller foot the bill?***

Oct 19, 2017, 12:12 PM

L O L***

Oct 19, 2017, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booooooooo Boooooooo Booooooooo

Oct 19, 2017, 12:36 PM

Booooo...Booooooooo.....Booooooo

Oh, thought that what was common to do when there's an obvious injury and someone really down after watching that Syracuse game.

Yep, not getting a freaking dime. You chose to jump that thing, you pay for it.

I know it's wrong!!!

Oct 19, 2017, 1:06 PM

But I'm tearing up laughing so hard after reading this. True story.OMG!!??????

Oct 19, 2017, 1:06 PM

momma tried to get this little fella to drink more milk, but he wouldn't listen

Was this posted for our amusement?

Oct 19, 2017, 1:16 PM

Because amused

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 19, 2017, 1:18 PM

Wow... gonna be alot more than $4,400.hope it was worth it

Amateurs.***

Oct 19, 2017, 1:28 PM

Don't have any money to give, but I will try to help all

Oct 19, 2017, 1:33 PM

Syracuse fans BY PRAYING THEY NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME.

Hopefully this will never happen again.

DTH?

here you go bro..??

Oct 19, 2017, 1:39 PM

Don’t spend it all in one place

GoFundMe is ruining the Darwin effect. Don't do it.***

Oct 19, 2017, 1:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feel sorry for the guy. But, I can't bring myself to

Oct 19, 2017, 1:47 PM

donate.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

That's good to know.

Oct 19, 2017, 1:47 PM

Doesn't involve me, though.

Oct 19, 2017, 2:09 PM

Dabo will donate...he already congratulated their players in the locker room ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 2:09 PM

His Syracuse buddies can fund that. They got all the rich broadcaster alums. Not our guy and not our problem

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 2:44 PM

Screw this guy!

This is why Clemson changed rushing field policy

Oct 19, 2017, 3:46 PM

Don't jump the wall. Please wait 60 seconds to rush field. Good luck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why Clemson changed rushing field policy

Oct 19, 2017, 4:30 PM

It's actually 30 seconds but who's counting

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody from what I've seen at the games...***

Oct 20, 2017, 11:43 AM

Obamacare doesn't cover his injury?***

Oct 19, 2017, 4:07 PM

Wow, the responses in this thread are not a good look...

Oct 19, 2017, 4:20 PM

Hardly a kind response anywhere. I know we're pissed that Syracuse won but I wouldn't wish harm on anyone in the aftermath. It's his fault and I'm sure he knows that. I was there and saw many running into the field. Didn't see this however. Prayers to him

Man, I wish I had started a GoFundMe every time

Oct 19, 2017, 4:30 PM

my drunk ### did something stupid in college

Oh my. That's awful

Oct 19, 2017, 7:58 PM

to see posted here on Tigernet!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Natural Selection trying to take its course.***

Oct 20, 2017, 1:22 PM

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 2:01 PM

Dang guys! We spend all this time patting ourselves on the back for being welcoming, hospitable fans who prioritize being good humans over caring about winning (remember how we're NOT bama?), but then this is how we respond to some kid hurting himself celebrating the best win his program has possibly ever had?

Sure, he did something stupid. Sure, he probably had too much to drink. Sure some of the Cuse fans were rude last weekend (I was there, too). But since when do we delight in the misfortunes of others? Come on! Give the kid ten bucks or don't, but don't sit here judging and talking smack.

Act like youve been there before***

Oct 23, 2017, 5:47 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic