Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson

Aug 8, 2017, 9:12 AM

Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson

Aug 8, 2017, 9:21 AM

Wow,who will Wingnut attack on this one?

Also in agreement

Aug 8, 2017, 9:34 AM

Was the score board!

Aug 8, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson ]

Whoa Nelly, Saban ain't gonna like that. Don't give him any ammunition.

Re: Not bad for a cheerleader!

Aug 8, 2017, 9:30 AM

null

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree but hate when I hear players yapping. Lack of class***

Aug 8, 2017, 9:37 AM

Re: I agree but hate when I hear players yapping. Lack of class***

Aug 8, 2017, 11:17 AM

Yep, that's biting and gnawing on the hand that had fed him well!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 9:45 AM

One could make the same argument for us the previous year. Stop Ur Wining!

Aug 8, 2017, 10:02 AM

Kirkpatrick, when you're right you're right. You got out played as well!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 11:13 AM

They were outplayed, especially the 2nd half. Their boys just ran out of juice, and it showed very prominently on our last drive. They were gassed, and they got gashed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 10:21 AM

Personally, I think that Kirkpatrick comment is totally off base. I think that the Bama players got worn down and out played in the 4th quarter. Saban out coached, I didn't see that, I saw a Tigers and Elephants in a huge battle trading punches with the Elephant throwing his weight around trying to intimidate the Tigers with a few illegal punches until the 4th qtr. Our Tigers saw they had worn those over weight Elephants down, and those Tigers started floating like butterfly's, clawing, roaring, ripping, and fighting like true Tigers until they knocked the Elephant out seconds before the bell at the end of the 4th round. I didn't see either coach getting out coached. I would love to believe that our coaches out coaches Bama coaches. But what I saw was our Tigers being in the best shape and out conditioned the Elephants when the game was up for grabs....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the reason that he stated, why he thought Saban got out coached was valid

Aug 8, 2017, 10:48 AM

With the game on the line the DBs didn't switch to cover a similar play they got burned on just the last trip down the field.
That is way more thought out than all of these Bama fans whining about a "pick play".

Aug 8, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson ]

Yep. Bama should have kept running the ball. Bama averaged 6.5 ypc. Definitely should have kept it on the ground.

Daboll will probably be way more likely to rely on the ground game.

Aug 8, 2017, 12:48 PM

Tried it and couldn't. They were getting departed to get something going. Look at 1st downs against the Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson ]

He was during the season. Saban has admitted it himself (SEC Media Day and in interviews after their media day). They did not have Hurts prepared as a passer and they did not have prepared depth . All their fault as coaches, which Saban is bent on not allowing again. They were winning all season by playing basically the starters and with their running game. The time came that they needed more than that to beat Clemson and they were not ready in that regard. Meanwhile, Clemson was and had been knocked by the polls during the season for playing a ton of guys in a multitude of ways; to have experience across the board. That is right, we took our lumps during the season to be ready down the stretch, where as Bama did not. They did what they did to everyone, but needed something else to beat Clemson. Clemson was not more talented as an entire team than Bama (4/5*s everywhere), they were, however, more prepared.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 11:41 AM

More prepared with more experienced and more prepared depth. It made a huge difference. It makes a huge difference to our players, too, in knowing they will get some playing time during games. It keeps everybody interested and fully engaged, knowing they will get some PT. Having been a scrub, I know how disparaging it is to put in the same work and not see the field in a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 3:54 PM

Absolutely, give all our players a chance after the game has been won. Put our 2nd, 3d,and 4th team players that didn't get enough or any PT in the game that we are now 3 TDs ahead in the 4th quarter. Let them play, let their families see them on the field getting their feet wet in a real live college FB game on the TV or in the stands. It will be awesome for the kids that don't get to play other wise, and we may see something from a player that hadn't been seen before bc their spirit has been diminished bc they didn't ever see any playing time in a game. They feel like practice dummies for star players to crash into trying to knock them out of their shoes!!! ALL games that has been won going into the 4th quarter, starters should go the the side lines so that our future players and kids that wouldn't see the field other wise.

Aug 8, 2017, 10:09 PM

I wish I could give you a million TU's! The scrubs, or "Kulls" as we called ourselves (though there were many who were plenty good enough to have contributed more), and who would have been an even more integral part pf the program had they been recognized a little more, like Dabo does now. He tells the players up front that they will earn a letter if they contribute to the success of the team and stick with it. Those guys help Clemson win those games, every practice, every week, every year. When the starters are rotating in and out every play, they go every down. When a mistake is made, they have to run it over and ove again to make sure the stars get it right. Not saying, at all, they deserve the same kudos as the stars. They don't! They do deserve some credit for the success, however. Dabo is great about those "minor" details.

Aug 8, 2017, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson ]

I do agree with this. Both coaches had good game plans, but in the 4th quarter, and really in the 2nd half I began to see us picking up steam, while their defensive guys seemed to be tiring. It showed more and more as the game progressed, and the deed was done in the end. Their last penalty at the end that put on the 1 yd line may have been the result of fatigue, too.

Aug 8, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Alabama DB thinks Saban was outcoached by Clemson ]

Out coached. Yeah, no doubt. Dabo went into the game with a 4 Quarter mentality and essentially force the Tide to beat the Tigers through the air. Bama thought they could manhandle Clemson on the ground and except for one play were dead wrong. Look at total plays and total yards. Against the best defense in FBS. From K/O to final whistle, Saban met his match.

Saban was outcoached in second NC game, but he outcoached

Aug 8, 2017, 1:56 PM

Dabo in First one. Now we need a third one to see who wins best of 3, Dabo being the younger more creative coach will win that one, I think?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban out coached us last Yr. with the on side kick***

Aug 8, 2017, 3:29 PM

Re: Saban out coached us last Yr. with the on side kick***

Aug 9, 2017, 10:40 AM

I know that I'm not the only one that has noticed that our roster has become more and more talented every passing year. But I'm inclined to believe that we were little out talented, as well as the unsuspecting kick that Saban called that led to a score. Take that TD away and our D gets a chance to rest, it's a different game I believe, and we more than likely win the game. We may have been a little out talented in that game as far as star ratings, but our coaches do a great job of elevating our talent to be better than thought to be....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Re: Dabo out coached Saban with onside kick too, but

Aug 9, 2017, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Saban out coached us last Yr. with the on side kick*** ]

there was a lot more outcoaching too from both coaches. The long passes to his tight end. Dabo's brilliant play calling and much improved special teams. That is what I admire about Dabo, he does not get out coached two times and if we meet Bama third time, I think the Tigers blow them out!

Re: Dabo out coached Saban with onside kick too, but

Aug 9, 2017, 1:10 PM

Yep, I believe we could win a 3d game against Bama, but only if who ever our QB is, plays to their best ability regardless of who that QB is. In a match up of two teams that is talented as both Bama and Clemson are, usually the team that has the best QB play with the less mistakes wins the game....

These stats show it was an old fashion whipping!!

Aug 8, 2017, 4:04 PM
IMG_1765.PNG(89.7 K)

The stats don't lie, our boys put a spanking that could have been much worse on the tide!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Turn about is fair play.

Aug 8, 2017, 10:15 PM

Over the years Dabo has been out coached more than once. Saban got him in our first playoff match with that onside kick at the end of the game. I was slightly ill that Dabo wasn't ready for the play and set our guys so far from the sideline.

I reckoned he was looking for an onside kick but neither he nor I had even seen one quite like the one Saban pulled off against us. I soon shook it off and was delighted to have out manned Bama all across the field on both sides of the ball and have been overjoyed by our performance and trophy case expansions over the last few years.

Dabo has a habit of coming back at with a play similar to the ones pulled on him. The slow roller we kicked and recovered at the end of the last game was just such a play.

He who laughs last laughs best so I agree with the guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scuses, scuses, scuses... They got BEAT.***

Aug 8, 2017, 10:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic