Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN experts project Clemson Playoff return
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN experts project Clemson Playoff return

Aug 31, 2017, 1:45 PM

ESPN experts project Clemson Playoff return

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait

Aug 31, 2017, 1:48 PM

"Former head coach Tommy Tuberville picks his former school Auburn for the football final four with Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson, and Ohio State as the national champ."

No way two teams from the same division ever get in.

Clemson

i guess you missed this line

Aug 31, 2017, 1:50 PM

Longtime college football writer Ivan Maisel has both Clemson and Florida State in, joined by Alabama and Ohio State, and the Buckeyes winning it all.

Won't happen

Aug 31, 2017, 2:25 PM

If Clemson and FSU played each other early in the season then they both could end up in the CFP but because they play in November, one will surely fall out of the top 4 and be unable to climb back in. Losing early doesn't hurt as much as losing late (unless those above you lose too like last year when we lost to Pitt).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Won't happen

Aug 31, 2017, 2:28 PM

We lost in week 11 last year, which is the same week we play FSU this year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 31, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Won't happen ]

But one of them won't be going to the ACCCG, and the only team that makes the playoffs without winning a Conference Championship Game is The O31O State.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2017, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Won't happen ]

If FSU beats Bama, who is likely a playoff team, but loses to Clemson it will be awfully hard to keep them out. A lot depends on how many losses other conference champs have.

It sure would be nice

Aug 31, 2017, 2:56 PM [ in reply to i guess you missed this line ]

If Indiana kicked Ohio State butt tonight!

Re: FB Update: ESPN experts project Clemson Playoff return

Aug 31, 2017, 2:16 PM

Do not understand the Ohio State love

They're bringing back the high powered offense

Aug 31, 2017, 3:27 PM

haven't you heard?!?

O310

I am more Worried about Kent State

Aug 31, 2017, 2:19 PM

One game at a time has been our method to success...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: I am more Worried about Kent State

Aug 31, 2017, 2:57 PM

I agree. The heck with all the others. Deal with the OUs and FSUs when they come up.

Lee Corso

Aug 31, 2017, 2:21 PM

When is this guy going to go away? His predictions are horrible. He always picks FSU to beat Clemson (he coached there so go figure). I really thing our defense is going to be better than last year and the D-line is going to be the best ever. If you can't run because the D-line is closing the holes and you can't pass because the D-line is putting pressure on the QB then.....you don't score and therefore you don't win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, FSU

Aug 31, 2017, 2:29 PM

FSU beats Bama and loses to Clemson - 11-1.
We lose to Auburn by a hair as our O gets its legs under it, but run the table from there, with an ACC championship to boot. 12-1
Auburn runs the table but loses to Bama. 11-1
Bama recovers from FSU loss to run table from there. 12-1

All other programs have two losses or more.

An SEC vs ACC CFP.

For the record, I think we can whoop up on Auburn, and I'm not wild about FSU's chances with Bama, but this would be an entertaining development.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good breakdown and probably the only way... +1.***

Aug 31, 2017, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, FSU

Aug 31, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, FSU ]

Like I've said before, I hope the Rampaging Pachyderms and the Semiholes beat the stuffing out of each other, with a narrow FSU win (10 overtimes sounds about right). Then the Tigers take care of Wittle Jimbo's team come November. Voila! Playoff, here we come. :)

Aug 31, 2017, 4:46 PM

First of all, ESPN has no experts. They're just former players with opinions. Not much different than Tnet who all have biased opinions, but draw no compensation for their opinions. That's a plus. This final 4 rhetoric is total BS at this juncture cause anything can happen.

Give it 4 weeks and then the real discussion is relevant. Now it's just like buying a ticket for the powerball. Lots of hope on the champ (and opinion ),
Or like the Farmers Almanac in predicting weather, except no one really predictls weather. If you get it right, you're just lucky .

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! FIVE out of 38...

Aug 31, 2017, 5:02 PM

at ESPN picked us to make the playoffs.

That is amazing...I didn't think that many people still worked there anymore!!

Aug 31, 2017, 11:10 PM

I'm not sure what everybody is seeing in Ohio State. Probably because Urban Meyer has won a national championship the year after losing a bowl game. They are all buying into that but if Clemson meets Ohio State in the playoff a repeat of last year Venables has their number. I think Clemson has a chance to win it all again they need to play to their standard every game. Difference between Bryant and Stoudt Bryant is an athlete and can run the ball. I think he's going to have a pretty good year.

Aug 31, 2017, 11:11 PM

I'm not sure what everybody is seeing in Ohio State. Probably because Urban Meyer has won a national championship the year after losing a bowl game. They are all buying into that but if Clemson meets Ohio State in the playoff a repeat of last year Venables has their number. I think Clemson has a chance to win it all again they need to play to their standard every game. Difference between Bryant and Stoudt Bryant is an athlete and can run the ball. I think he's going to have a pretty good year.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic