Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson vs. Auburn postgame notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson vs. Auburn postgame notes

Sep 4, 2016, 7:21 AM

Clemson vs. Auburn postgame notes

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat Auburn in Atlanta to open the 2012 season

Sep 4, 2016, 8:08 AM

but i guess by "on the road" they mean at
their place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weirdest Stadium Environment Ever!

Sep 4, 2016, 2:16 PM

Ok, this is the only place I can find to post this (maybe it will get some hits and comments). Did anyone else at the game think that was the absolute strangest stadium environment ever??? The eagle was cool, very cool. BUT everything after that was just odd and weird. First, the guy on the microphone who you could not understand and who tried, as part of the pregame after the eagle and again before the 4th quarter tried to get the fans to do a repeat after me cheer and they didn't was ridiculous. Unlike the USC guy who, I hate to say it, is actually pretty good. My son said it was like a middle school pep rally. And then, a single hype video about defense that they played 4 or 5 times but it was short. And then, nothing on the big screen except pictures of Auburn fans jumping up and down after the camera found them. Again, my very astute son said: "Dad, it is like being at a baseball game between innings where everyone gets on the big board". Of course, then you had the stupid panda "dance off" to I Got A Feeling. And, then, the lower deck started emptying at 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and Auburn with a 2-score deficit. And, in the upper deck, it was not loud from the Auburn fans like it is at Georgia and at Carolina. Just a very, very odd stadium feel. Anybody else notice?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know that it was the weirdest, since I've been to

Sep 4, 2016, 8:30 PM

to some weird stadiums (Virginia?). You are correct that the screen selections were strange. I thought they would have some nice videos/music to pump up the crowd, but nothing but crowd shots.

My thoughts -

Aubie is completely lame. I was in the upper deck, but I kept seeing him down by the students in different outfits The shiny gold workout suit was the worst.

The topiary shrubbery was very not done well. I've never understood why SEC schools feel that it is necessary to plant bushes along the football field, and these didn't even look well cared for.

The whole Tigers/War Eagle thing is also confusing. I thought I had it resolved in my mind - Tigers are the mascot, and War Eagle is the "rally cry" similar to our "Go Tigers" to total strangers that happen to be wearing Clemson logos. I've now decided that there is NO rhyme or reason to the whole thing, and have given up trying to understand.

The last point is about the noise. The stadium announcer made some comment about their stadium being the loudest. Not even close....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic