Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Beasley projected in Top 10 of SI.com Mock Draft 1.0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,463

FB Update: Beasley projected in Top 10 of SI.com Mock Draft 1.0

Feb 24, 2015, 5:42 PM

Beasley projected in Top 10 of SI.com Mock Draft 1.0

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Beasley projected in Top 10 of SI.com Mock Draft 1.0

Feb 24, 2015, 5:54 PM

I would be interested to see how the stock of the other Clemson fellers changed after the combine. If they also went up, you'd hope the scouts would think, "Hmm, maybe we should give these Clemson youngsters a closer look." Afterall, you can't coach that ACC speed.

These projections are just another proof of how the ESPN SEC

Feb 25, 2015, 7:03 AM

hype machine works to the advantage of those players. Vic had markedly better numbers than the Clown at the Combine last year, but is not projected in the Top 10 in some mock drafts, vs we know where the Clown was drafted. Hard to believe pro scouts got taken in by endless replays of "The Hit", but no other explanation for this disparity makes sense, Vic had the better numbers everywhere, including on the field his last season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clowney - 6'5" 266 lb. Vic - 6'3" 246 lb

Feb 25, 2015, 7:46 AM

while Vic had outstanding numbers and shut everyone up about his 230lb size he is still not the physical monster that Clowney is. Now, was Clowney a product of hype? Sure. Did he have the production to match his size and athleticism to warrant the #1 pick? No. But Beasley didn't beat him at every measurable, either.

it's 'similar' to the situation with tajh & logan thomas...

Feb 25, 2015, 8:14 AM

is there a question which had the more successful collegiate career? is there a question which is the more naturally gifted passer? logan thomas was painful to watch at times and yes, there are other considerations - still, arizona was willing to maintain a roster spot & a paycheck because you can't teach 6'6, 260lbs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney - 6'5" 266 lb. Vic - 6'3" 246 lb

Feb 25, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Clowney - 6'5" 266 lb. Vic - 6'3" 246 lb ]

So, other than Ht/Wt, what else did he do? All the numbers,
I've seen, appear to be Vic, by a large margin overall.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2015, 5:58 PM

Don't it just chap your A$$ that some of them sumbitches had Beasley out of the first round before the combine. Those A$$ holes were being bias bc he played at ACC Clemson. Now their A$$ES are chapped that they have to give ACC Clemson Beasley what he had rightfully earned before the combine. Close your eyes and put quiet zone ear protectors on your ears all you want to you Sumbitches, but Clemson won't stop putting pro type players in the NFL just bc y'all don't want to hear of them, or see them. You bias sumbitches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd love to see Beasley go to ATL. but

Feb 24, 2015, 9:18 PM

If he is still there at #8 would the Falcons take him. Granted, the entire staff is different, but I seem to remember a DE that they took at #8 overall in 2007. They COMPLETELY whiffed on the pick of Jamaal Anderson from Arkansas. Terrible pick. He recorded 132 TTL, 7.5 sacks, in 77 games in the NFL.

I'm sure that everyone realizes Beasley is a much more gifted athlete and the two actually have very little in common when it comes to their game. But, how happy do you think he'd be if played pro ball 50 miles from his home. That's a normal commute for people working in Atl.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2015, 3:38 PM

anywhere but ATL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Wish my Jets could get Vic, but we would screw him up

Mar 3, 2015, 7:53 AM

somehow. It's what we do. I think the Jets honestly do not know how the Draft works. They think if you close a window, it will just go away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,463
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic