»
Topic: Explain this
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 19, 2018 11:37 AM by: arentzel
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Explain this

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:01 AM

I don’t really get team recruiting rankings. LSU is sitting at #6 with 19 overall recruits and 1 espn 300 commit. They are ahead of us with 26 overall recruits and 6 espn 300 commits. Also ahead of several other schools with more commits and more espn 300.
Who makes these rankings?

Re: Explain this

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:10 AM

1 should be 11

You haven’t figured out yet why an SEC team

[1]
Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:10 AM

is favored by ESecPN?

I just stick to 247. At least their rankings are points based and transparent.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:11 AM

arentzel said:

I don’t really get team recruiting rankings. LSU is sitting at #6 with 19 overall recruits and 1 espn 300 commit. They are ahead of us with 26 overall recruits and 6 espn 300 commits. Also ahead of several other schools with more commits and more espn 300.
Who makes these rankings?

Based on your ESPN 300 comments, it sounds like you might be looking at the ESPN rankings. ;)

Just kidding, it does seem odd that LSU is ranked as high as they are.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:14 AM

only matters where the players end up in 2-3-4 years, on the field contributing to another championship run or not, stars don't matter once you get to school. The coaches are all looking at potential, can we make this guy into the player we want, can he make himself into the player we know he can be. Josh Belk (4-star Army All-American) vs Hunter Renfrow (no name walk on)... who you want to take...

And we care why?

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:14 AM

We have a group carefully curated by Dabo & Staff, young men with talent and the right character and fit for Clemson. I'd rather have that than all 5* who were put together solely on the basis of number of stars.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:25 AM

LSU has way more than 1 top 300 commit. Sounds like a typo. Each service does their own rankings based on a 'score' or 'value' of each recruit individually. One 4-star may grade out at 88 and another 4-star may grade out at 83. So if those two commit to two different schools, the schools are not tied in the rankings just because they both got a 4-star. One would lead because their 4-star is rated higher than the other.

Just because one school has more commits than another isn't going to bump them up the rankings either. Look at S Carolina's classes just about every year to see why.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 11:37 AM

Yeah I just went by what I saw on ESPNs coverage. Must be 11. Worldwide Leader in sports ladies and gentlemen

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4-Section W...$3600 for the four. Email if interested. Go Tigers!! Payment can be made in full or ha...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1244 people have read this post