Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Excited about the future for Clemson baseball!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Excited about the future for Clemson baseball!

Mar 21, 2019, 12:19 PM

With a more youthful team, we have amassed a comparable record to this time last year. I have seen flashes of the growth of greatness. With some more polishing, focus on consistency, and eliminating some of the errors, this team’s potential is a walk off grandstand.
This team currently has:
4 hitters bating over .300 with at least 50 at bats and 1 more with 22 at bats.
36 stolen bases compared to 52 for all of last year in less than half the games played so far
211 strikeouts 540 for all of last year (so we are on about the same pace there)

I’ll keep watching and cheering for our team, hopefully all the way to the CWS! Go Tiger!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excited about the future for Clemson baseball!

Mar 21, 2019, 1:05 PM

Nice post. Clearly a good record is nice to have but wins and losses aside we need to play good baseball. Winning ugly throughout the year will give a low % chance of winning a regional vs quality opponents. Even if we don’t get to 40 wins regular season if we show that we are capable of manufacturing runs better than we did last season then it will give us a much better shot at winning a regional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hitting home runs at every bat

Mar 21, 2019, 1:23 PM

Could also give clemson a better chance of winning in a regional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 21, 2019, 1:09 PM

Absolutely!!! As I said at the start of the season after looking over our roster, we would have a young team starting out the season, and there would be some growing pains that would take some patience from our fans base before we see this team to come around. The further we get into the season, the better this team will play, and there is already signs of that being the case. If we can get into post season play, I like this young teams chances to go pretty far this season. I don't see us being a college world series contender bc there are a lot of good baseball teams out there this season, but I'm not going to say that we don't have any chance to get there bc we don't know that for sure. Anything is possible with just a small amount of luck, and I hope that luck is with our pitching staying completely healthy bc if it does, our pitching will get better, and games are won or lost on the mound first!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, patients is a virtue.***

Mar 21, 2019, 1:42 PM

Re: You're right, patients is a virtue.***

Mar 21, 2019, 1:52 PM

That's write!

Those are encouraging stats!

Mar 21, 2019, 4:07 PM

I still wish we could cut back on strikeouts. I know that high strikeout totals are the current trend in baseball, but it drives me nuts. Specially at the college level where errors occur at a relatively high rate.

~JKB

I wish the batters could learn

Mar 21, 2019, 4:12 PM

how to bunt. This failure has already cost us one win.

Mar 21, 2019, 5:06 PM

We have 21 more games vs ranked or close to ranked teams. They will be battle tested for sure

Yes, there's a lot of young talent. Another class or two

Mar 21, 2019, 6:20 PM

like this one and the future looks Dabo bright.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic