Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone needs to back off of Kelly Bryant criticism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Everyone needs to back off of Kelly Bryant criticism

May 22, 2018, 11:01 PM

All of you guys on here that keep running down Kelly Bryant and talking crap about him need to wake up — open your eyes and act like you have just a little bit of intelligence! That young man lead us to a 12 win season last year - an ACC championship and a return trip to the CFP and nobody thought that he could make it past game two of the season. He single handedly —by himself on offense — beat Auburn and I mean nobody helped him! He did it by himself! He tore Louisville and Miami to shreds and was a total leader the entire season. He had a bad game against — who?—Alabama? How many players have had bad games against Alabama guys? Oh and don’t forget he was following DeShawn Watson with that pressure —- Cmon — get off the Trevor Lawrence kick for just one second everyone. He played in the spring game and did well — wearing a yellow jersey knowing no one could breathe hard on him! let’s just be patient here...Kelly B. is the starter for a reason — our head coach that gets paid 8 1/2 million per year says “ he is the starter”. I think I’m going to trust in Dabo on that one —Trevor Lawrence will have his day but seriously everyone needs to give Kelly the credit he deserves—The constant beat up has gone too far!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone needs to back off of Kelly Bryant criticism

May 22, 2018, 11:17 PM

You’re beating a dead horse.

^ YeP

May 22, 2018, 11:26 PM

even “in the dark” LBB realizes, appreciates & applauds what KellyB did last year..

And as such He will be our starting QB beginning the 2018 Season.

Nuff Said.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 11:34 PM

How exactly are we running him down?

We have complimented KB repeatedly but said many felt TL makes the team better. You do realize it’s a message board and opinions are allowed right?

May 22, 2018, 11:42 PM

Yeah, let's see if you say that if he loses to Taggart vs a defense that he didn't play good against for an entire half and an offense that gets revitalized if
1. Francois starts instead of a 3 star 180 lb soak and wet freshman,
2. Taggart's new coaches and program fix that offensive line, and
3. One of their 4-5 star RB recruits steps up to be the next Dalvin Cook.

We'll see how you guys feel if they beat him, in DV, like they beat Deshaun his freshman year in OT in Tallahassee and go on to the ACC-CG, thus also increasing chances of Clemson's elimination from a playoff even being discussed. Smdh.

I hope you will all still be running these praises if he shows what we've been criticizing as an improvement opportunity.
For the life of me, I don't understand how fans of a team that's slogan is "best is standard" keep having an issue with criticizing areas that true season stats show that were not close to "best".

I also don't understand the double standard that it's okay to talk about how the running backs' improvement opportunity is in their blocking (no one calls that bashing or gets down on people saying it), but woah.... if we mention where the leader of the team's improvements are needed, it's bashing, it's cutting down, it's... Not the same thing as saying Etienne needs to improve his blocking.

So interestingly hypocritical of you guys.

May 23, 2018, 5:54 AM

i think they play in tally so yeah that will be difficult enough already

May 22, 2018, 11:42 PM

I really hope Kelly does prove us wrong, but it's gonna take a lot more than 13 passing TD's and 0 vs top passing defenses to do that. He's a senior, it's about time you guys hold him to the standards a senior QB of a playoff team should be at... Especially in the year of the largest recruiting cycle in Dabo's HC tenure.

May 23, 2018, 12:01 AM

if people are evaluating talent, debate them on their points. No one has attacked KB4 personally that I am aware of. I for one don;t think he has the talent to win a national championship. Look at his stats, its pretty simple. Bama figured him out and shut him down. Great kid, exceptional leader, very good runner... not the best quarterback on the team. He cannot throw the ball down field. If you think that's inaccurate bring on the stats...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 12:16 AM

Lol Bama? Technically, (injury still in mind so not holding against), so did Syracuse... They did still stack the deck, which led to his concussion sack.... So did FSU...so did Boston College.... Technically, so did Miami ( though he threw good in that one.....long of 11, 7 total rush yards... Game plan or they also successfully schemed against his all fan agreed strength...Would to see if he ever targeted receivers covered by the main guys that won the turnover chain for them all season though, to really assess skill vs game plan since so many want to bring that defense dominant game up)...And I'm confident to say if Auburn had a second chance, he'd have never had those rushing TD's if they played him later and not very early.

May 23, 2018, 12:18 AM

If you’re going to say the GOATS name at least spell it right. DESHAUN***

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 5:37 AM

Mddtiger said:

All of you guys on here that keep running down Kelly Bryant and talking crap about him need to wake up — open your eyes and act like you have just a little bit of intelligence! That young man lead us to a 12 win season last year - an ACC championship and a return trip to the CFP and nobody thought that he could make it past game two of the season. He single handedly —by himself on offense — beat Auburn and I mean nobody helped him! He did it by himself! He tore Louisville and Miami to shreds and was a total leader the entire season. He had a bad game against — who?—Alabama? How many players have had bad games against Alabama guys? Oh and don’t forget he was following DeShawn Watson with that pressure —- Cmon — get off the Trevor Lawrence kick for just one second everyone. He played in the spring game and did well — wearing a yellow jersey knowing no one could breathe hard on him! let’s just be patient here...Kelly B. is the starter for a reason — our head coach that gets paid 8 1/2 million per year says “ he is the starter”. I think I’m going to trust in Dabo on that one —Trevor Lawrence will have his day but seriously everyone needs to give Kelly the credit he deserves—The constant beat up has gone too far!

Let's take a look at the facts. Our defense won us 12 games last season. That young man only threw 13 Touchdowns the entire season. That's less than 1 per game. If you're trying to win a national championship then 13 touchdown passes will not cut it against a team like Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, or even UGA at this point. What we will need is a QB that averages 3 Touchdowns per game which holds a defense honest. To defeat Clemson's offense with KB under center you merely need a spy on KB and run pressure on the edges. It forces him to win with his arm and he simply can't do it. This is real life, not some fantasy utopia where the football fairy will sprinkle some magic dust on KB's arm and make him throw accurately. More than 85% of his passes were less than 10 yards, and more than half of his deep balls were throw way over the head of the receiver. That does not cut the mustard for a Championship. That's an honest assessment, not criticism.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

May 23, 2018, 6:02 AM

You need to copy that response so you don’t have to retype it next time someone with less football knowledge than you makes another post about the same subject.

I for one can’t wait for TL to start which will happen sooner rather than later. Anyone that has a grasp of football sees it (almost like a 5 star D1 QB knows enough about QB to see it and transfer). I’m guessing all of these Dabo knows more than a poster people will be the first ones here touting how smart Dabo is and how awesome TLaw is forgetting all about KB. People need to wake up to the fact no one is bashing KB and he is liked by just about every Clemson fan I know. He will help us win this year through his leadership and some situational QB design plays, it just won’t be as full time starter after game 2

Colts gonna coot......

May 23, 2018, 6:06 AM

TL is the future. How soon it happens is what none of us know. Crump and Bmeist used to run off the player bashing. Are they on vacation? C'mon dudes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Colts gonna coot......

May 23, 2018, 6:41 AM

Here’s to hoping the future starts the second half of the Furman game. KB deserves the opening pitch type start as he’s earned that. Than the best player plays.

Our ceiling with KB is what we got last year.

May 23, 2018, 7:28 AM

This team, and especially this defense, is capable of winning a national championship, but not if we can't complete passes more than fifteen yards down the field. If "Best is the Standard," TL will supplant KB at some point during the season. If not, another ACC title and loss in the CFP is the best we will do this year. That would be a shame.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic