Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone calm down on ACC Network issue. The same thing happened
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Everyone calm down on ACC Network issue. The same thing happened

Jul 15, 2019, 10:14 PM

when the SEC Network launched. Coot fans were in an uproar because they were kicking off the network against A&M. The networks came to at the bitter end. Same thing will happen here. The longer they make you wait, the more demand they get and can see what upgraded package to place the network in. They already know they will have the network.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's no surprise that traditional providers are out of touch

Jul 15, 2019, 10:20 PM

that's the reason they are losing subscribers at such a rapid pace.

Bringing the ACC network online at the last minute could backfire on them. Changing providers is a lot easier today than it was when the SEC network came along. If subscribers have already moved on it won't matter what they do with their last minute packages.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Posted this in an earlier thread...

Jul 16, 2019, 5:57 AM

Just read an article from 31 July, 2018 regarding the ACC Network. The article warned that the ACC Network TV carriage deals could take right up to the ACC Network launch date to complete. The article provided the SEC Network launch/carriage deal timeline as an example:

"ESPN and the SEC unveiled plans for their network in May 2013, and that very day they announced a carriage arrangement with AT&T U-verse. But contracts with cable and satellite’s biggest players took far more time.

Here’s an instructive timeline of the SEC Network’s carriage deals. Keep in mind the network launched Aug. 14, 2014, and all dates listed are in 2014.

March 3: Dish Network.

July 9: Cox Communications.

July 18: Comcast.

July 24: Time Warner. Charter purchased Time Warner two years ago.

Aug. 4: DirecTV. This was 10 days before launch.

Aug. 14: Mediacom serving SEC states Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee. Grande Communications in Texas.

Aug. 26: Verizon Fios. This was 12 days post-launch and two days before the SEC Network’s first football game, between Texas A&M and South Carolina."

Maybe the current lack of carriage deals for the ACC Network is somewhat "normal" especially when compared to the SEC Network launch. One thing that stands out from the SEC Network launch is that they had the 3 major cable companies in their market area locked down before the end of July for their launch in mid August 2014.

I guess we will see if Swofford and the ACC can make some deals in the next few weeks or whether he is going to goof this up by failing to reel in the big TV providers for the majority of the ACC market area. Not sure I would put my money on Swofford to get this done before the launch...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone calm down on ACC Network issue. The same thing happened

Jul 16, 2019, 6:56 AM

^^^^ facts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone calm down on ACC Network issue. The same thing happened

Jul 16, 2019, 7:33 AM

I don't think Swofford and the ACC don't have much to say about this. ESPN will be making the deals.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic