Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Every time Tommy Bowden opens his mouth on television
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Sep 2, 2018, 2:38 PM

I am reminded of why I am so happy that he is no longer our football coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 2:44 PM

I am reminded of how he hired Dabo, helping set up the current environment at Clemson.

And 63-17.

Perspective I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Every time Tommy Bowden opens his mouth on television

Sep 2, 2018, 2:44 PM

I agree

Sep 2, 2018, 2:52 PM

Tommy is a good man! He always pull for Clemson. He didn't leave angry - just rich.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our facilities sucked when he got here.

Sep 2, 2018, 2:52 PM

He did A LOT to make this happen.

I'll give it 10 minutes tops before someone here

Sep 2, 2018, 2:56 PM

reminds us that he inherited Tommy West's players, hired Dabo, and was a good man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'll give it 10 minutes tops before someone here

Sep 2, 2018, 3:02 PM

Hey Judge, you forgot to mention he brought us Brad Scott too! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll give it 10 minutes tops before someone here

Sep 2, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to I'll give it 10 minutes tops before someone here ]

nope took you 18 to do that ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 3:03 PM

IMO Clemson would not be enjoying its current success if it were not for the contributions by Tommy Bowden!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP..we gave Tommy the shaft & lots of $ but we didn’t give him

Sep 2, 2018, 3:40 PM

that thick GRAY hair! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 3:54 PM

I’ve always thought of our fans as being the classiest in the country. I don’t get the need of so many to still bash a former coach 10 years after he’s gone regardless of what your thoughts were of him as a coach.

Sep 2, 2018, 4:14 PM

100 plus TU’s I don’t understand why that can’t look at the positive things for Clemson.

Without TB IMO we do not win 2nd NC or become an Elite program.

Dabo was able to take us to the next level after the BOT, the President and AD decided it would take money and new facilities to recruit at a higher level.

Like I said yesterday some of you will complain no matter what great achievements happen at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Every time Tommy Bowden opens his mouth on television ]

Well it hasn't been 10 years since he was on the ACC network commenting about our game against Furman on Saturday. He seemed to struggle to find anything complimentary to say about our performance. Even though I thought we looked pretty dang good.
Also, if saying I'm glad he's not our coach anymore is bashing him then I'm sorry.
But I'm much happier with what we have now.

Sep 2, 2018, 5:40 PM

Well it hasn't been 10 years since he was on the ACC network commenting about our game against Furman on Saturday. He seemed to struggle to find anything complimentary to say about our performance. Even though I thought we looked pretty dang good.
Also, if saying I'm glad he's not our coach anymore is bashing him then I'm sorry.
But I'm much happier with what we have now.

I’m pretty sure CTB is happier with what we have now too since he contributed so much to get us here!

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Every time Tommy Bowden opens his mouth on television ]

Maybe I didn’t hear everything he said yesterday, but before the game I heard him say we would challenge for another NC this year. Then later I heard him say our quarterbacks looked shaky to start with, but later settled in which is not only true, but also the same thing Dabo said.

I’m also happier with what we have now obviously. I just don’t see the need(and it’s not just you and I’ve seen much worse things said) to put down Tommy Bowden all the time. I’d very well imagine that Dabo is very thankful to Bowden, and don’t see why we can’t be as well.

People act as if he’s the guy who took over right after Ford and then ran the program into the ground or something. He didn’t get us to where we wanted to be, but he did at least leave the program better off than before he took over.

Sep 2, 2018, 6:07 PM

He did some good things for Clemson like beating the coots and hiring Dabo. He is not very good on tv. I figured eventually he would catch on but its been enough time now that he is what he is. Not like anyone ever willingly will watch that crappy ACC network

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 7:31 PM

he called kelly bryant "calvin bryant" after the game

??

Sep 2, 2018, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Every time Tommy Bowden opens his mouth on television ]

he called kelly bryant "calvin bryant" after the game

??

Unless a commentator is effusive with praise, TigerNet cries.***

Sep 2, 2018, 7:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic